Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th October 2019, 21:14   #1
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts
Default Tubular heaters

Is anyone used these before been thinking of getting some for the playhouses our rabbits live in for the winter.
Ones like this https://www.dimplex.co.uk/product/ec...ter-thermostat

Do they give out a lot of heat I really only need them to keep the chill off them as 1 is an elderly bunny who’s 8 and has lost both his cuddle partners this year we got a friend for him but there aren’t bonded yet so just worried for the winter for them both if they don’t buddy up so as there not to cold on there own.
I plan on fitting them in the peak of the roof so they can’t reach to touch or chew them.
I think they’ll be fine but just wondered if anyone’s used them and what there like. Cheers
Old 20th October 2019, 21:31   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
Is anyone used these before been thinking of getting some for the playhouses our rabbits live in for the winter.

Do they give out a lot of heat I really only need them to keep the chill off them as 1 is an elderly bunny who’s 8 and has lost both his cuddle partners this year we got a friend for him but there aren’t bonded yet so just worried for the winter for them both if they don’t buddy up so as there not to cold on there own.
I plan on fitting them in the peak of the roof so they can’t reach to touch or chew them.
I think they’ll be fine but just wondered if anyone’s used them and what there like. Cheers

I dont know about these, but you mention fitting them in the roof, with heat rising would they be effective? Could the floor be raised a little perhaps a couple of inches?

I once install simple polystyrene panels into an old dog box a local kitten used to sleep in (yes! a kitten, the owners thought it was enough to leave a 6x4 shed open with a towel on the floor! It soon went 'missing' not long after - and had a very spoiled existence). The panels simply lined the walls and ceiling of the box, and the heat it retained was brilliant. It was a smallish dog box, but I would guesstimate with the kitten in it, it was easily 20 degrees in the middle of winter.

They came from B and Q and were only around £12.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 06:42   #3
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

We use tube heaters on the boat to keep the frost from damaging the water systems, sea cocks etc on the boat.
They run at about 40watt per foot and really only get warm to touch.
They do the job of preventing frost and may give off enough ambient heat in a small space to be of some benefit for the bunny rabbits .
Probably worth putting the flex in a non-chewable conduit of some description as well.
Old 21st October 2019, 09:56   #4
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post

Do they give out a lot of heat ? I really only need them to keep the chill off them as 1 is an elderly bunny who’s 8 and has lost both his cuddle partners this year. We got a friend for him but they aren’t bonded yet so just worried for the winter for them both if they don’t buddy up so as they're not too cold on their own.
I think they’ll be fine but just wondered if anyone’s used them and what they're like. Cheers
Hi Wullie.

I've used that type of heater in the past for animals and plants.
They do have to be as low as possible though or they WONT work. The heat will never go downwards.--

You can get then in a very low wattage.

They need a surround to them to stop actual contact though.

A bit like a small raised floor with holes in to let the warm air rise.

Good luck with it.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote