Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st August 2013, 12:17   #11
Grumpy1
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 2.5 2001 Royal Blue Connoissuer Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clacksman View Post
Thanks for your help Grumpy1 but I guess my local garage may have tried quite hard after all. Those two sites list only Front springs - no rear!

I have found that Rimmers list rear springs as "in stock" but there are two part numbers listed - RKB000890SLP and RKB000920SLP, substitutes for the Orange,RG and Grey,RF coded springs respectively.

In the absence of a code label under the rear seat which should I choose? Maybe Rimmers will be able to tell me?

Ebay ads all seem to say "Not suitable for Estates" even though the title may say ZT-T
Ooops. Sorry about that. Mine being a saloon, I was unaware of the problems with the tourers.

Chad.

Oh no! Not DRLs! Yes, I can open the bonnet.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 17:07   #12
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clacksman View Post
Ebay ads all seem to say "Not suitable for Estates" even though the title may say ZT-T
I've seen that exact same advert. It's as clear as mud. Probably the thing to do is either go somewhere else (if they can't get the advert right, what chance of them sending the correct spring?) or mail them.

I am tempted to do the former to be honest, but first need to confirm whether or not my springs are actually broken (I strongly suspect that they are, sadly)
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 17:33   #13
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Have a read through here for colours & codes for springs... http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...+label+colours
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 17:50   #14
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bell View Post
I've seen that exact same advert.
Tautology Rob. Try to resist copying the Americans. They have their own language.

Simon
Old 21st August 2013, 17:53   #15
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

Lift the rear seat cushion base, on the left hand side should be a label with spring colour codes on it.
Billy1mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:01   #16
psmith
Avid contributor

MG 3 style Lux, Rover 45 Cub SE

I have just replaced the rear spings on my tourer. I bought them from euro car parts and they were in stock. I did remove the reat seat to check what springs / dampers were fitted - although on dismantling the springs and looking at the dampers on the vehicle they were clearly marked. Mine had the self levelling option which uses a slightly different spring but euro car parts stocked both types.
psmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:34   #17
kraanc
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190 2.5 V6 2003 manual

I have ZT-T 190 original spring set for sale if anybody needs these. I bought comfort set right here in forum, and have my original "too harsh for me" set left . Used, but in good condition. all 4 springs, front and rear. Color codes as follows:
Front springs:
KV6 Sport suspension RH Brown/Brown QJ 275.59mm 16.25mm 37 N/mm RND 000340
KV6 Sport suspension LH Brown/Brown PD 275.59mm 16.25mm 37 N/mm RND 000350
Rear springs:
ZT-Tourer 190 early standart set Grey RF RKB000250
Location - Latvia, so delivery will cost approx 20-25pounds.
kraanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 03:11   #18
crofts

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Same web sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
to this great club Clacksman. Go onto 'Euro Car Parts' or 'Car parts 4 less' website, type in your reg no in the box top left, that will then show your model. Then enter rear spring in the search box and it should come up with a selection of different makes /prices. Tell your local garage that they can't have tried very hard!

Chad.

PS There are always plenty on Ebay as well.

PPS You will probably notice that the web sites are very similar and that the prices on 'Car Parts 4 Less' are cheaper for the same item. Funny that isn't it!
CP4Less told me yesterday they are not the same Company.....only that they buy the spares from ECP ! ! ! ! !
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 03:36   #19
crofts

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Rear Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith View Post
I have just replaced the rear spings on my tourer. I bought them from euro car parts and they were in stock. I did remove the reat seat to check what springs / dampers were fitted - although on dismantling the springs and looking at the dampers on the vehicle they were clearly marked. Mine had the self levelling option which uses a slightly different spring but euro car parts stocked both types.
They list 2 Sachs rear springs. Lighter one at £79.08/pair & Heavy Duty at £91.80/pair. Which did you fit ? ?
No one here could tell me. Phoned Sachs, Germany who asked me to speak to tech support in UK. When i spoke to them they said couldn't help as they sell them as Boge and ECP buy direct from them in Germany as Sachs.
Car Parts 4 Less first supplied me the lighter spring. (ECP only had 1 spring in stock) Got cold feet and ordered the heavy duty. However after lots of enquiring the consensus was that the heavy duty were if pulling a caravan etc.
My tourer is never heavily loaded (also no hitch) so will fit the lighter springs I think
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 08:18   #20
psmith
Avid contributor

MG 3 style Lux, Rover 45 Cub SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crofts View Post
They list 2 Sachs rear springs. Lighter one at £79.08/pair & Heavy Duty at £91.80/pair. Which did you fit ? ?
No one here could tell me. Phoned Sachs, Germany who asked me to speak to tech support in UK. When i spoke to them they said couldn't help as they sell them as Boge and ECP buy direct from them in Germany as Sachs.
Car Parts 4 Less first supplied me the lighter spring. (ECP only had 1 spring in stock) Got cold feet and ordered the heavy duty. However after lots of enquiring the consensus was that the heavy duty were if pulling a caravan etc.
My tourer is never heavily loaded (also no hitch) so will fit the lighter springs I think
EURO CAR PARTS list 3 types of SACHS rear coil springs for the rover 75 tourer
My damper identification was "J" and my spring identification was "RH" which details Self Levelling Option
The part number for this is 627750610 (Coil Spring - self levelling type)

They also stock 2 other types for standard type dampers
627750600 (Coil spring standard duty - non self levelling)
627750730 (Coil spring heavy duty -non self levelling )

Remember to retain the top and bottom rubber mountings as I found it difficult to find replacements for these so fitted the old ones to the new springs.
psmith is offline   Reply With Quote