Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th July 2013, 18:41   #21
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Hi guys,

I have spent the last hour reading threads on 160 remaps (my car is a 116 with a synergy - and the synergy now looks so "yesterday") - but I am feeling a little confused regarding the options.

The best option, I'd have thought, would be to map via T4 - but I am interested where that map has come from, and what the results on the RR have been? I've probably missed a thread with this data?

Thanks all!
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 19:44   #22
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bell View Post
Hi guys,

I have spent the last hour reading threads on 160 remaps (my car is a 116 with a synergy - and the synergy now looks so "yesterday") - but I am feeling a little confused regarding the options.

The best option, I'd have thought, would be to map via T4 - but I am interested where that map has come from, and what the results on the RR have been? I've probably missed a thread with this data?

Thanks all!
Hi Rob the X-Power upgrade is the one available from xpart dealers with T4, takes your car to 131PS (135BHP) torque increases from 270Nm to 300 Nm.
The oficially sanctioned upgrade is installed using the T4 diagnostic system, which a dealer will normally charge in the region of £50+vat in addition to the purchase price.

The 160 upgrade on the other hand increases the power output to 160 BHP, the torque is increased to 359Nm and the tune is not installed using T4, but rather a bespoke programmer built for the purpose.

The evolvement of the 160 upgrade stems from the research both myself and Russ made into the remanufacture of the Bosch DDE4 ECM units, which once programmed to a car were hitherto locked permanently to that vehicle, and couldn't be subsequently reconfigured for use on another car.

The pricing structure of the 160 upgrade is not made public, however can be carried out by myself or Big Russ, either in person where a full T4 diagnostic session prior and post upgrade will be carried out, or via our postal option with a three day turnaround.
Anyone wishing to know more can direct enquiries to either Russ or myself.

HTH
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 12:35   #23
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Thanks Brian - I'll drop you a PM.

I have a new IPK to fit, and want to retrofit cruise control - both will require a modification to the ZCS code: would it be more sensible to undertake your map after the above modifications have been done, or does it not make much difference?

Just a general extra question: is the standard turbo and intercooler man enough for a 160bhp output?

Shame you're up in Newcastle and I'm down in London! D'oh!
Old 25th July 2013, 12:53   #24
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

The xpower "upgrade" that I was offered locally had a price tag of £200 with it!!!..... Needless to say I went elsewhere for a better upgrade..

My cars been running well on its Khaos (approx 150 bhp + Synergy) remap for 3-4 years now, and that's on a car that's done 170k miles.

As for RR tests, the two I know of, one, the first, came up with two diff results on my car, and my car changed gear during both tests??

The 2nd tests held locally, apparently the testing station didn't-couldn't-wouldn't test the cars with auto boxes.. I didn't attend that one..

The cars with the 160 remaps done by Brian or Russ that I saw tested, came out at approx 160 BHP..

Last edited by James.uk; 25th July 2013 at 13:00..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 13:07   #25
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
The xpower "upgrade" that I was offered locally had a price tag of £200 with it!!!..... Needless to say I went elsewhere for a better upgrade..

My cars been running well on its Khaos (approx 150 bhp + Synergy) remap for 3-4 years now, and that's on a car that's done 170k miles.

As for RR tests, the two I know of, one, the first, came up with two diff results on my car, and my car changed gear during both tests??

The 2nd tests held locally, apparently the testing station didn't-couldn't-wouldn't test the cars with auto boxes.. I didn't attend that one..

The cars with the 160 remaps done by Brian or Russ that I saw tested, came out at approx 160 BHP..
The only before and after RR test that I can find on here (probably not looked hard enough! ) was on a car that had already over 150bhp from previous tuning and was mapped by a guy selling his services via ebay - and got 160bhp.
So I guess a question is, if you are starting from a standard 116bhp base point and then remap to 160, do you get 160bhp? An extra 50+ bhp would be a pretty hefty and impressive increase. Even my wife would notice that!
Old 25th July 2013, 13:25   #26
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

My car was a standard 116 (with Synergy off) before Khaos remap, and 150 bhp (with synergy off) after remap, I don't know what the bhp was on the cars tested at 150 before they were remapped by Brian and Russ. I don't see how it would matter?
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 17:12   #27
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
My car was a standard 116 (with Synergy off) before Khaos remap, and 150 bhp (with synergy off) after remap, I don't know what the bhp was on the cars tested at 150 before they were remapped by Brian and Russ. I don't see how it would matter?
If no other tuning other than a remap had been done, then it matters not one bit. But if say you got 150bhp from other changes - be that bolt-on like air filters/ improved induction design, bigger intercooler, bigger turbo or what ever, and then the remap "only" gave you a couple of extra bhp, then that would, if you see what I mean?

However, I don't think anyone is really tuning the turbo engines with serious physical modifications to exhaust, cylinder head, cams, turbo/intercooler, so you're probably right: it is unlikely to make much difference. Especially as the 116 and 131 states of tune are purely "software" differences.
Old 25th July 2013, 18:51   #28
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
So I guess a question is, if you are starting from a standard 116bhp base point and then remap to 160, do you get 160bhp? An extra 50+ bhp would be a pretty hefty and impressive increase. Even my wife would notice that!
In a word yes, so long as there's no problems that would affect perforance eg maf, injectors etc then the remap should give you approx 160 if not slighty more depending on the ecu type

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 21:02   #29
dogfishddl

MG ZT CDTI

PM sent to marinabrian for further info, cheers
dogfishddl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 21:13   #30
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
The only before and after RR test that I can find on here (probably not looked hard enough! ) was on a car that had already over 150bhp from previous tuning and was mapped by a guy selling his services via ebay - and got 160bhp.
That would be me!

I was sold a map that claimed I'd get 160HP (eBay special one) - my car already had quite a few supporting mods, and rolling roaded at 151HP last time. I had that, and did a few more mods, and I got 160HP - i.e. 9HP more. NO way would you therefore get 160HP on a bone stock car (131HP + 9HP makes 140HP by my count!)

I learnt then, if your going to buy a remap, make sure any claims are backed up with a rolling road. Ideally get one done yourself if possible (I pay around £30 a time).

I bought the "160 map" as advertised on this thread, and with everything else my car now has 170HP. It's the only remap I've seen which actually backs up it's power claims (I.e. a member with a bone-stock CDTi rolling roaded at 160HP) which is why I bought it.

No way will your local company get 164HP - although if they really are that confident, tell them you'll pay double if they do it and it rolling roads at at least the quoted figure, otherwise you expect a full refund... watch as the excuses come out...

Lots of info on my rolling road runs here - http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=95326
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote