Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th November 2006, 12:40   #11
Commodore
Loves to post

ex: Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate). Now: MG Motor MG ZS Exclusive 1L Automatic

I've yet to insure for a full year on the 75 yet, having only bought it in Auguat. Insurance is due on Jan 2nd so will begin doing quotes next month. Based one some shopping around I did before buying the car, a full year was coming in at around £350 (my current insurer Bell being the cheapest, based on a brand new policy).
Old 5th November 2006, 12:45   #12
Alan
Avid contributor

Other Make

Both Direct Line and Esure have done that to me. The renewal quotation is higher than the one available on the web and they won't budge over the phone so you end up cancelling a long standing account number to take out a new one - then they ask you for proof of no claims bonus from your previous insurer!
Old 5th November 2006, 12:46   #13
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
I've yet to insure for a full year on the 75 yet, having only bought it in Auguat. Insurance is due on Jan 2nd so will begin doing quotes next month. Based one some shopping around I did before buying the car, a full year was coming in at around £350 (my current insurer Bell being the cheapest, based on a brand new policy).
Might be worth looking at the Tesco option, as well as big online discount they are also offering cash back after 8 weeks. For me it is £ 40.00
Old 5th November 2006, 12:53   #14
Commodore
Loves to post

ex: Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate). Now: MG Motor MG ZS Exclusive 1L Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
Might be worth looking at the Tesco option, as well as big online discount they are also offering cash back after 8 weeks. For me it is £ 40.00
Will do - but have a feeling it only applies to policies sold by the end of this month - not sure if they will quote for Jan in November.

Cheers
Chris
Owners Club Member No. 86

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ine=1163024370 Gone but not forgotten....The Tank
Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate)
Old 5th November 2006, 13:07   #15
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

It must be who you talk to on the day.

I was with Esure when I switched from my Ti to my 75 and there was no problem.

Just renewed with them as well and they bent over backwards to sort out a quote I was happy with.
Old 5th November 2006, 13:13   #16
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Tescos amongst others are doing a little bit of extra profiteering during renewals. They obviously hope you will think the quote is competitive like last year and simply pay up.

When you first buy from them typically the price is about as low as you can get or you have got to the point where you are fed up phoning around

but the following year the renewal price may be somewhat higher

It always, always pays to go on-line to whoever you are with and run through a fresh on-line quote in most cases it will be cheaper than the renewal you received in the post
Old 5th November 2006, 15:12   #17
JP53
I really should get out more.......

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE saloon. 'Eliza'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
I pay £260 a year with direct line, the same as I did for my ZT135+.
Old 5th November 2006, 15:37   #18
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Nope not a wind up, should have it by next weekend if all works out as planned.

The 190 will have to go though even though it is great to drive and arguably sounds better than the V8, I can't justify keeping them both.

The CDT is definitely staying though.
Keith - is that your blue tourer in the pic? I saw one just like it in Stratford-on-Avon last Sunday. It was absolutely beautiful. I don't suppose it was you was it?

NB. Has anyone tried More Than? I found them to be a lot cheaper than anyone else and their comprehensive cover includes a permanently protected NCB. They quoted me £292.40 for my 2.0 litre 75 saloon (inc breakdown cover & car hire).
Old 5th November 2006, 15:43   #19
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Yes they are both mine. The 190 is in Typhoon Blue on a trip to Grimsby last week I saw it's baby sister a ZR in Typhoon as well!
Old 5th November 2006, 16:29   #20
Simon W
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.0 Litre Club Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Yes they are both mine. The 190 is in Typhoon Blue on a trip to Grimsby last week I saw it's baby sister a ZR in Typhoon as well!

Your 190 looks stunning Keith. If I was you I don't think I'd be able to sell it.
Closed Thread