Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th February 2019, 20:24   #1
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Familiar sightings with new ownership!

Apologies if this sounds a bit lame and a bit of a pointless post but since being a relatively new owner of a 75 I tend to noticed just how many of these excellent cars are out and about in my area (Dover and surrounding areas).
Just about every day I see at least one 75/ZT as I drive to and from work and though I have previously posted in the 'was it you' section I have yet to see anyone reply with a 'yes', so can only assume they are not a user of this forum or don't feel the need to reply!
Perhaps the drivers are just using theirs for transport as opposed to being fellow enthusiasts.
The point is this .... when I spot another 75 I always give them a flash of lights mainly to point out that I too am a 75 enthusiast/driver, a bit like 'the bikers nod' but have never had this action acknowledged!
I suspect this is more to do with whether or not they are enthusiasts or just happen to drive a 75.
When I owned a sapphire Cosworth back in the day I was returning the favour of flashing lights all day and I didn't belong to any kind of forum then.
I suppose as we are just 75 enthusiasts it doesn't automatically mean we own rare or exotic cars and as they are still a relatively common sight on our roads we also cannot assume classic status which seems to be the ingredient for acknowledgement among fellow drivers of the same marque just an observation ... not a moan.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 20:55   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I've never understood the point of the "Was it you" section I always thought it was for known members to acknowledge sightings of each other, & not just random sightings of another 75/ZT If the car you see is not a member, how on earth are they supposed to answer the question
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 21:13   #3
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I suppose, to put it in perspective, in round numbers, there are around 31,000 licenced Rover 75s and MGZTs left on the road.

There is an active membership of 1583 on here, which accounts for about 5% of the number on the road.

The other 95% don't give a monkeys.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 21:18   #4
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Lol good answer

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 21:37   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
Apologies if this sounds a bit lame and a bit of a pointless post but since being a relatively new owner of a 75 I tend to noticed just how many of these excellent cars are out and about in my area (Dover and surrounding areas).
Just about every day I see at least one 75/ZT as I drive to and from work and though I have previously posted in the 'was it you' section I have yet to see anyone reply with a 'yes', so can only assume they are not a user of this forum or don't feel the need to reply!
Perhaps the drivers are just using theirs for transport as opposed to being fellow enthusiasts.
The point is this .... when I spot another 75 I always give them a flash of lights mainly to point out that I too am a 75 enthusiast/driver, a bit like 'the bikers nod' but have never had this action acknowledged!
I suspect this is more to do with whether or not they are enthusiasts or just happen to drive a 75.
When I owned a sapphire Cosworth back in the day I was returning the favour of flashing lights all day and I didn't belong to any kind of forum then.
I suppose as we are just 75 enthusiasts it doesn't automatically mean we own rare or exotic cars and as they are still a relatively common sight on our roads we also cannot assume classic status which seems to be the ingredient for acknowledgement among fellow drivers of the same marque just an observation ... not a moan.

You could try my approach - ignore everyone including the people you know. I am never disappointed by other drivers' lack of acknowledgement!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote