Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th August 2018, 14:08   #11
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I can do a reasonably good Suffolk farmer accent!
Old 16th August 2018, 14:09   #12
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev The Bear View Post
Thanks Dave.

Wurzel is still currently available and near offers are invited. Wurzel will be advertised outside of the club from 2nd September.

Wurzel might meet the requirements required although he is not a 75 as for a ZT-T he is quite a high spec car with Green Alcantara, Highline Sat Nav and CD Multi Changer, Cruise Control, Rain Sensing wipers, Xenon Gas Discharge Headlamps and numerous ppd items reinstated.

I couldn't deal with the responsibility of owning Wurzel I have thought about it however..
Old 16th August 2018, 14:38   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I would love to own Wurzel. It is a lot of a very special car for the money.

As it is, I have 4 cars already, including two 75's, and am in the process of buying a smaller car for the teenagers to practice on when back home from uni during the holidays as well as thinking about an S-type. With the cars plus the motorbike and the quad, my drive is beginning to resemble a car salesman's forecourt!

I really hope that an enthusiast will snap Wurzel up quickly.
Old 16th August 2018, 14:49   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruLan View Post
Hope this is allowed, I've posted previously in "wanted" without any success.

I am looking for a MINT Connie SE or Contemporary SE
No 1.8's.
V6 or Diesel
Auto or Manual.
Must be very High Spec, with History.
No intergalactic Mileages.
Ready to buy now

What would help people is knowing the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the specified car.
Old 16th August 2018, 15:36   #15
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

No 1.8's ?
I gotta tell ya, my 1.8 has gone into a right huff
He's livid, he has covered 42k with me without fail....he's real upset you don't rate him.
I do though, and he knows it.
Old 16th August 2018, 15:55   #16
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I would love to own Wurzel. It is a lot of a very special car for the money.

As it is, I have 4 cars already, including two 75's, and am in the process of buying a smaller car for the teenagers to practice on when back home from uni during the holidays as well as thinking about an S-type. With the cars plus the motorbike and the quad, my drive is beginning to resemble a car salesman's forecourt!

I really hope that an enthusiast will snap Wurzel up quickly.
Should that not read, it's a lot of money for a not particularly special car?

I think even an enthusiast would be questioning why they should pay £4500 more than Glasses Guide "Excellent private sale price" for a fourteen year old car with a nice coat of wax

However, if you regard it as worthy of the sale price, I would suggest you put your money where your mouth is and get it bought

It's a nice car, but when you consider Dick is advertising a one owner from new Connoisseur SE saloon with 13000 miles on the clock for £1600, this puts the sale price into perspective really.

Brian
Old 16th August 2018, 16:05   #17
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Using your powers for evil again Brian ?

Why exactly have you made it your mission to sabotage Wurzel's sale ?

This is the third thread you've battered it on. You're comparing apples and oranges and you know it.

Yes, you'll get away with it, because you're marinabrian , but dont for a minute think more and more people arent talking about how you're allowed to do it, and how nobody seems willing to make the same rules everybody else has to live by apply to you.
Old 16th August 2018, 16:14   #18
Nev The Bear
This is my second home

Does not matter

Thanked 1,575 Times in 987 Posts

Please can you refraiin from keep posting unhelpful comments about the price of my ZT-T, unless you are looking to purchase Wurzel.

Even if you were looking to buy Wurzel, he certainly would not be sold for anywhere near the price you seem to think he is worth.

I think it is up to anyone who is interested in the car to make their own minds up, once they have viewed Wurzel and considered the unique history and specification of Wurzel.

Also if Wurzel is such a non special car or is so overpriced why is he generating interest?

Perhaps you would like to list the reasons for him not being a special car.

At the end of the day a car with provenance will always be worth more, even than a comparable car which does not have the same provenance. In response to Wuzel being £4500 overpriced when did you last see a car as good as mine for sale at £1750?

Last edited by Nev The Bear; 16th August 2018 at 16:57..
Old 16th August 2018, 16:30   #19
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Should that not read, it's a lot of money for a not particularly special car?

I think even an enthusiast would be questioning why they should pay £4500 more than Glasses Guide "Excellent private sale price" for a fourteen year old car with a nice coat of wax

However, if you regard it as worthy of the sale price, I would suggest you put your money where your mouth is and get it bought

It's a nice car, but when you consider Dick is advertising a one owner from new Connoisseur SE saloon with 13000 miles on the clock for £1600, this puts the sale price into perspective really.

Brian

Brian,

I have absolute respect for your abilities and technical contributions. But, what you are doing in relation to this particular car and a few of V8's that have been the subject of recent threads is totally and absolutely out of order.

Even if you honestly believed that this particular car was not worth the asking price to you, and further allowing for the fact that you have the endearing characteristics of northeners that they speak their mind, our fellow member here deserves better from you.

The mods should delete all your offending posts relating to this particular car.
Old 16th August 2018, 16:31   #20
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
Using your powers for evil again Brian ?

Why exactly have you made it your mission to sabotage Wurzel's sale ?

This is the third thread you've battered it on. You're comparing apples and oranges and you know it.

Yes, you'll get away with it, because you're marinabrian , but dont for a minute think more and more people arent talking about how you're allowed to do it, and how nobody seems willing to make the same rules everybody else has to live by apply to you.
As someone who has only been in the club 6 months,you seem to think you know all there is to know about all of us with those comments.Have you met Brian? Have you spoken to him in person? I doubt so, or you wouldn’t be passing judgement. I am not dissing Wurzel by any manner of speaking,having seen him in the flesh, I have to agree that he is a very nice example of the marque, whether or not worth the asking price,I’m not an expert on car values.

Last edited by RPWC; 16th August 2018 at 16:34..
Closed Thread