Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th August 2018, 14:17   #11
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Anybody who had the time and patience to create a map showing T4s and possibly as suggested nano meets would also need to be able to keep it updated. Not a simple create and forget about job.

I'll look into it but not making any kind of commitment!

OK, I'm a mug. I'll have a go! https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=286999

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 13th August 2018 at 15:36..
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 23:37   #12
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Phil-T4's map no longer exists, it disappeared and even Phil didn't know why, only that the hosting site vanished.

There is a link to a map done by a member nearly three years ago but it hasn't been maintained.

Hi I think the idea would be great. I have my lap top with engine management software on it that I collected from engine techs since the early nineties. The software came about as the GP1 and GP2 techs wrote code for the track cars much was adapted for use on road cars both petrol and Diesel. I can with much trial and error up-rate a Diesels power output. I can manage to make the doors lock at 20 kph or just the drivers door unlock on first push of button then the rest on second push, or hold down the button and windows and sunroof open with push and hold and windows and sunroof close and car locks.
I would not recommend myself to any body out there as my first life was looking after fixed wing aircraft engines and airframes.
My second life was building maintenance and management. Swimming pools, teaching lifesaving, lifeguarding, First Aid, Resus, teaching teachers how to teach these subjects.
My pass time used to be restoring real cars both Petrol and Diesel and two stroke, turbocharged and supercharged, timber, steel,alloy, stainless. Engine and gearbox refurbishment rolling body panels from scratch, Complete vintage to 70s Vehicle restoration,I have bits of paper that say I am an aero engineer Bsc, Mechanical Engineer Bsc, masters & Doctorate. I also have my Bsc in electrical engineering along with my gas safety stuff now expired for domestic industrial gas, oil, LPG, control systems, primary and secondary systems and BEMS, and fire pumps. CHP systems.
Licences PASMA, IPAF, tutor, regs 17 qualified, NEBOSH health and safety moderating tutor, swimming pool plant moderating tutor.
I can get my cars programmed to do the things I want them to do but would much rather have someone else do it for me who knowledge of how to do these things.
At my age and health, I am no longer able to carry out many of the things I used to be able to do in my sleep. I now find myself unable to do these things and it is very frustrating. I do not like old age, and too many of my friends are no longer with us.

A list of people who could do work on our cars would be most useful. I have passed on some of my knowledge to two of the mechanics at the next village ups garage. This means when I am not feeling up to tackling a job, I can give it to them to have done.
With confidence that the work will be done to a professional standard.
Please could we have a map with contacts. If the moderators feel it is too large a task I will happily start constructing such a thing. I would however need the information from traders who would like to be included with a list of what they can do. Also a list from members of places they have used and feel they got a good deal and work carried out to a high standard. Even just wee Jimmy round the corner who loves rovers and is great with them.
Please guys let me know what you fancy and moderators do you need help setting this one up. Members what would you like from such a map.
Sadly my old mother passed away last month which means that after I have cleared up her estate, I imagine that I will find myself with time on my hands as I used to spend six plus hours a day looking after her.
I have access to A3 printing laser printing ink jet printing, scanning, vinyl cutting and more everything I needed to teach the teachers. As it was all mine, it is old like me, and is slow like me, but it gets the job done, the other advantage is I don’t charge for printing and alike. Though some people have tried to take advantage. I am always happy to help. But when someone asks for 20,000 leaflets I know they are trying to take advantage.
Many members would I am sure like to help, quality work is what we need to keep our cars on the road and keep the name Rover alive out there
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 08:26   #13
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

The map is done but I'll sit on it for a few days in case any more info comes in. It shows the location of all T4s I've been made aware of (17 in all), both club and non club as well as the Midlands nano. Once it settles I'll look at adding recommended garages. As can be seen from the pic below Central England and Central/South Wales is a desert, if anyone knows of T4s in those areas please let me know.

T4 Location Map
Old 16th August 2018, 17:22   #14
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
The map is done but I'll sit on it for a few days in case any more info comes in. It shows the location of all T4s I've been made aware of (17 in all), both club and non club as well as the Midlands nano. Once it settles I'll look at adding recommended garages. As can be seen from the pic below Central England and Central/South Wales is a desert, if anyone knows of T4s in those areas please let me know.

HI steve thanks for your efforts, will keep my eye out for more
crazy frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 17:31   #15
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Its basically done but still getting dribs and drabs of info coming in so I'll wait til after the weekend before publishing it. Now up to 22 T4s located.

Still trying to track down any within the highlighted area.

T4 Location Map
Old 16th August 2018, 17:34   #16
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Does Lates have one? I know they do a lot of Rover stuff?
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 17:44   #17
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Does Lates have one? I know they do a lot of Rover stuff?
Hasn't been mentioned Dawn.

T4 Location Map
Old 16th August 2018, 22:32   #18
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Terry at TS Autos in Stourbridge.
Top bloke ..Top Mechanic.. T4 as well.
Cheers
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 06:20   #19
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I see lots of recs for Terry but how do you contact/find him? He doesn't appear on any sites or searches when I've looked in the past?
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2018, 09:23   #20
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I see lots of recs for Terry but how do you contact/find him? He doesn't appear on any sites or searches when I've looked in the past?
Word of mouth or google he is also on the dark side there is also a T4 at Summit Garage himley road DY3 2RA one of the few MG places left.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote