Ratty
I'll do it Dreckly

MG ZTT CDTI Honda Jazz 1.4 Auto

It all be done drekly Bob no worries.
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:43   #242
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The smoke alarm works just fine......................

.......................................... The letting agents phoned me last week to arrange a visit. They wanted to come in to see how I'm settling in and to see what I have done to the house. The agent coming in today is Christine, we have met a few times.
The conversation went like this.

Christine, " Hi Bob, how you doing? Can we come and have our look around on Friday 3rd August?"

Me, " Morning Christine, loving it. Love the house. Settled in really well. Yes next Friday will be fine. Just need to find the directions for the vacuum cleaner, chuck out the empties and hide the magazines."

Christine, "Ha! Ha! We will be checking the smoke and carbon dioxide alarms whilst I'm there."

Me, "Oh! I can assure the smoke alarm works perfectly OK. The fire brigade said it was one of the best they had seen."

Christine, deathly silence.

Me, " It was a joke. But the alarm works ok when you have the toast under the grill". I failed to mention about the other food I have cremated.

Christine, "Thought it was a joke. Otherwise the fire brigade would have been in contact. But other than that you are ok. I'll see you on Friday at 11am."

Me, "ok. See you on the 3rd at 11am."

Wait till she see's what I have done to the garden.

On another note, I'm waiting on my solicitor to get back to me re the new boundary plan that the buyers solicitors wanted me to get drawn up. The companies I contacted wanted between £550-£750 plus vat to draw up the plans. Natalie, my solicitor said for me not to do anything as she feels that the other solicitors are getting too picky. Plus she feels that if they still want the plans drawn up then they should at least meet me half way on costs.

No going back now...................

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 13:21   #243
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Inspection passed with......................

........................................ Flying compliments. Christine was well impressed with how clean and tidy everything looked, she said that the house now had a light and airy feel about it. She checked all the alarms, 4 in total. She got the house check list out and every part got a plus tick.
Notes made about how much better the back garden looked. I asked if I could remove the bush at the bottom of the garden and replace with a fence, at my expense. Will have to wait on the owners response.

I showed Christine the pictures on how the parking area looked before I moved in. Then I showed the area that Allen and I had cleared, yet another tick in the plus box.

Did I get on with my neighbour's? Did I have any issues with them? No I said we get on fine.

Christine's parting words were, "Well I'm very impressed and I'll see you in 6 months".

Happy with that.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 12th August 2018, 19:50   #244
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Going back................

............................................. On Wednesday 15th August. Yup! I'm going back to Essex. Well, North London actually. Staying at Michaels.

Basically the only reason I'm going back is that I have a pre-planned show to go to on Saturday 18th. It's my yearly visit to the Flying Proms at The Shuttleworth Collection in Bedfordshire.

But I will be speaking to my solicitor about the hold up on the sale of the flat. It's starting to get me down now, getting fed up with the hold up. If only I had not turned down the first offer I got back in January. But water under the bridge, what's done is done. The past cannot be changed but the future is in my hands.

I'm very thankful for the friends I have down this neck of the woods. Plus a very special Thank You to Actros who keeps in contact by phone. I might even get to see him in October at the breakfast meet up North. But more on that later on.
The garden keeps me busy, need to cut the bush down at the end of the garden.
Just need to ask Allen to come round with his chainsaw, but I just don't like to keep asking. Makes it look I'm not able to do jobs myself. Although I doubt I would be allowed to use a chainsaw as I tried killing myself with the hedge trimmer.

So there will be a mini tour coming up in the next few days. Now who shall I take?

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 12th August 2018 at 19:52.. Reason: Spellin'
Old 16th August 2018, 21:33   #245
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Is that a train approaching?..............................

.................................................. .. Or is that the light at the end of the tunnel.
We have finally a completion/exchange of contracts date. It is the 28th of August. And that is a very special date in my calendar. For that is the day that Val and I got married back in 1993. I think then that it will really hit me about leaving and selling the flat.

The business about the change of boundary has been resolved. The buyers have agreed to split the cost with me over the drawing up of the new plans. This will be done after the exchange/completion otherwise it will be another couple of months to get it done.

So there is definitely NO GOING BACK NOW.............................

onen hag oll
Old 28th August 2018, 16:19   #246
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool It's done.......................................

....................................... As of today, the 28th, the contracts/completion are all done. I no longer own my flat in Barkingside. Got a phone call from the estate agents and now confirmed in a email from the solicitors that it is sold.

Dunno whether I'm glad or sad. Not sure how I really feel.

But I do know that...........................

THERE IS NO GOING BACK NOW......................................

On this day I was wed to my Val 25 years ago, I wish she was still here to see this. I expect she is here looking over my shoulder. God bless sweetheart.

onen hag oll
Old 28th August 2018, 16:33   #247
pbaker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDTI SE + MG ZS

Default no going back

Hi Bob. I have followed u all the way from the beginning, glad it's all done and dusted for u. (I did respond to ur very first post immediately. Did not appear to have reached u then. Now sit back and enjoy a Cornish pastie and malt. Love see u at the Ugly Duckling soon peter
pbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2018, 16:36   #248
pbaker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDTI SE + MG ZS

Looks like made Number 1.
pbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2018, 16:49   #249
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
....................................... As of today, the 28th, the contracts/completion are all done. I no longer own my flat in Barkingside. Got a phone call from the estate agents and now confirmed in a email from the solicitors that it is sold.

Dunno whether I'm glad or sad. Not sure how I really feel.

But I do know that...........................

THERE IS NO GOING BACK NOW......................................

On this day I was wed to my Val 25 years ago, I wish she was still here to see this. I expect she is here looking over my shoulder. God bless sweetheart.
Well done Bob. It takes a lot of will power to make a change like that, particularly when you live alone. It would have been so much easier to just go with the flow and stay in your flat, but now you can reap all the benefits of the house move. Hats off to you.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 15:49   #250
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool What now?

Been here 11 weeks now, seems longer. Decisions to be made, do I stay renting or do I start looking to buy something to call my own.

There are pro's and con's to consider on both issues. I'm happy renting but at the back of my mind something is telling me to buy. Not sure if I can do with the upheaval again. All that packing.

Don't want to move out of the Saltash area. Love it here, plenty of exploring to be done. Thinking of getting a electric push bike and go out and about. Then again I was thinking of getting a runaround, last time I thought about getting a runaround I bought the Bear. Well, she runs around from petrol station to petrol station.

Had another passing enquiry from another forum member about them buying the Bear off of me. Seems to have fallen flat yet again. Best keep her for now then.
I would like to get Banana a full re-spray. Just be my show car then.

Next London visit is now scheduled for October.

onen hag oll