Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th October 2017, 08:56   #51
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

HI Ched.
Have you had any joy with obtaining keys for it yet, any idea what it may need for a MOT after standing for so long, hopefully not to much seems a decent car good look with it, Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 09:02   #52
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I’ve been in touch with the owner and he’s having a look for the keys for me, he bought the car new for £25000 to his spec.
He had a coolant issue that eventually blew the head gasket as well as other damage, so a friend of a friend sourced another engine and replaced it, looking at the professionalism of the work I’d say general custers cowboys were the company. ��
I had a look at the misfire he was on about and it looks like the loom to the front bank of plugs was put in the wrong way round when the engine was replaced, not a lot else I can do till the keys are sorted.
A few little jobs done inc the plenums rodded and drained.
Sorry I bought it , no, I’m more determined now to get her running and running correctly.
Internally and body wise it’s in fantastic condition, I think once the engines running and a new set of tyres and brake pads she’ll be ready for an mot.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 08:53   #53
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
I’ve been in touch with the owner and he’s having a look for the keys for me, he bought the car new for £25000 to his spec.
He had a coolant issue that eventually blew the head gasket as well as other damage, so a friend of a friend sourced another engine and replaced it, looking at the professionalism of the work I’d say general custers cowboys were the company. ��
I had a look at the misfire he was on about and it looks like the loom to the front bank of plugs was put in the wrong way round when the engine was replaced, not a lot else I can do till the keys are sorted.
A few little jobs done inc the plenums rodded and drained.
Sorry I bought it , no, I’m more determined now to get her running and running correctly.
Internally and body wise it’s in fantastic condition, I think once the engines running and a new set of tyres and brake pads she’ll be ready for an mot.
You got in touch with the owner? does he not want the car back? was there not a lot of questions?
Im very interested in that side of things... and a replacement engine at that millage? what millage is the new engine on?
Little bit of a shame but the rest of the car is still very clean! Could MarinaBrian not program you some keys?
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 11:37   #54
Ched

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
You got in touch with the owner? does he not want the car back? was there not a lot of questions?
Im very interested in that side of things... and a replacement engine at that millage? what millage is the new engine on?
Little bit of a shame but the rest of the car is still very clean! Could MarinaBrian not program you some keys?

The car had been taken from him by the car park people for unpaid parking fee's so was no longer his, he did ask how much I had paid for it.
He did also say that it had a misfire and that he could not spend any more money on it hence it being left,I have no idea what was going through his head at the time, the car park people did say he went weird.
I have no idea what the replacement engine's mileage is, tho I will ask him.

In my opinion the misfire was caused by the ht wiring being put in the wrong way round, tho I wont know till I get it started.
I have been told that keys cannot be made / cut unless there is an original, or unless I want to spend about £200 for one from bmw,so if he doesn't have the keys my only option is to replace the ign switch with key, door and boot lock from a donor vehicle.
Old 12th October 2017, 15:27   #55
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
The car had been taken from him by the car park people for unpaid parking fee's so was no longer his, he did ask how much I had paid for it.
He did also say that it had a misfire and that he could not spend any more money on it hence it being left,I have no idea what was going through his head at the time, the car park people did say he went weird.
I have no idea what the replacement engine's mileage is, tho I will ask him.

In my opinion the misfire was caused by the ht wiring being put in the wrong way round, tho I wont know till I get it started.
I have been told that keys cannot be made / cut unless there is an original, or unless I want to spend about £200 for one from bmw,so if he doesn't have the keys my only option is to replace the ign switch with key, door and boot lock from a donor vehicle.
I would PM Marinabrian and see about keys mate before swapping barrel
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:11   #56
rayrahman
Regular poster

MG ZT

any update on this car/purchase

Have been following closely and very intrigued to know how your getting on 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rayrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 11:48   #57
Ched

A quick update,

the original owner is adamant that both sets of keys he had have been thrown out.
I was going to replace the ign and locks from another car but I have decided to pay the astronomical price and get a replacement key, the car then remains totally original.
The interior has been cleaned thoroughly and it really does look new inside.

As soon as I get a key the task of getting the engine running will be next.