Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th November 2017, 22:21   #1
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts
Default And the heart wins!!

I've not been driving my ZT much recently due to having a company car now. Over the past month I've had the cam belts and thermostat housing replaced. Spent more on work for the MOT - curse you damaged headlight- and will need to get a new set of tyres soon.
Taking all that into account it crossed my mind, is it time to wave the Silver Machine off to a new home? After all it's not getting used much now.Is it worth paying the tax etc?

Heart or head ?

Anyhow two things happened this evening.
I took it for a wee ( and yes a quick spin) this evening. The drive was sublime, it really put a smile back on my face after what was a pretty tough day at work.
Secondly the wee girl serving in the petrol station commented what a good looking car the ZT was. She was right, it looked stunning.
Neither of those things happen with the Avensis - ever.

So the heart wins, Silver Machine is staying put.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 00:35   #2
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

A wise decision.. Mine still gives me more smiles per mile than anything else i've driven recently

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 03:00   #3
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I've not been driving my ZT much recently due to having a company car now. Over the past month I've had the cam belts and thermostat housing replaced. Spent more on work for the MOT - curse you damaged headlight- and will need to get a new set of tyres soon.

Taking all that into account it crossed my mind, is it time to wave the Silver Machine off to a new home? After all it's not getting used much now.Is it worth paying the tax etc?

Heart or head ?

Anyhow two things happened this evening.

I took it for a wee ( and yes a quick spin) this evening. The drive was sublime, it really put a smile back on my face after what was a pretty tough day at work.

Secondly the wee girl serving in the petrol station commented what a good looking car the ZT was. She was right, it looked stunning.

Neither of those things happen with the Avensis - ever.

So the heart wins, Silver Machine is staying put.

Glad to hear it, we had a young man delivering leaflets a few months ago he was with his father he was astounded to see Two Rovers and a MG in someone’s Drive, it brought a smile to my face the young lad would have been his late teens. And confessed that he had never been as close to a Rover or an MG before.
It is sad to think, that in another ten years many won’t know the brand name.
Every time you have had a bad day just take the ZT out and it will bring a smile to your face. Reminding you why you keep her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 09:03   #4
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Good decision.....you know it makes sense
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 09:30   #5
Beena wild
Loves to post

MG ZT190+ 2.5 2002

Just about to collect my 190 after belts and braces done (only 10years' overdue) ahem! - mechanic says I should see the state of the main belt

Anyway, will keep her for a little while longer - sure she'll be sweet 16 in January
(off_assembly_date Wednesday, 9th January 2002 @ 09:46:13)
also - This vehicle was the 1st ZT in Black Paint C.O.B. (code: PAK) to be made out of 132 Black Paint C.O.B. ZTs

Will be off the Galway at the weekend so a full report on performance to follow.

These cars are unique and have personality.
love it when someone asks - what's da?

Last edited by Beena wild; 16th November 2017 at 09:35..
Beena wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 12:18   #6
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I was facing the same decision about a year ago, I was considering placing the V6 on SORN as I was miffed at paying the £305 for road fund when many others are running around tax free, but it was the missus who said Jim it’s your hobby, you don’t smoke or drink (much) so enjoy your car.

Since then I’ve added another V6 75 plus a Mini to the “fleet” but it’s a good job I re taxed the 75 as due our accident with the XF we’re currently relying on the 75 as our main transport.
We will in due course get a replacement to the XF.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote