Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th January 2023, 16:17   #1
Francophile
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Default Rear door cards

I have lock problems on the rear doors. Can the door card be removed with the door locked?

I won't be able to do it myself due to limited flexibility, Hence, a small person will be inserted over the front seats to perform to my instructions. Once the card is off, even just enough to release the latch, I can do the remainder.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Derek.
Francophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2023, 19:07   #2
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

I have done that on a front door card, remove opener handle drop the window down push lock button down and carefully prise the top of the door card up and pull it inwards. Once you have enough room to get your hand in push the outer edges to release as many of the clips as you can. Once you can peel back the top of the plastic weather sheet you can then access the door lock actuator. If your gentle you won't break the door card.

Lee.
Old 9th January 2023, 19:20   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

If you can get in the car, remove the screw in the door handle middle, and start to remove the complete handle. As you pull the handle out of the door card, just pull the whole handle towards the front of the car. This should open the door
Old 9th January 2023, 22:58   #4
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
If you can get in the car, remove the screw in the door handle middle, and start to remove the complete handle. As you pull the handle out of the door card, just pull the whole handle towards the front of the car. This should open the door
The inner handle is connected directly to the actuator via a cable, unless it has snapped, disconnected or the childlock is activated it would open the door without removing the handle assembly. I would assume the OP has tried the inner handle. The outer handle is connected to the actuator via a threaded bar and plastic clip that has most likely opened up allowing the bar to slip through. In this case the only way to open it is to access the actuator directly.

Lee.
Old 10th January 2023, 17:26   #5
Francophile
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Thank you, Lee, for understanding my predicament. Being a numbskull, it hadn't occurred to me to lower the window for access. Utterly logical. I may not have to invoke my small helper. All I need now is a decent interval in the rain during daylight hours.
Derek.

PS Where has the 'Thank you' button gone?
Francophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2023, 18:49   #6
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Your welcome Derek.
There was some sort of problem with the club server (I think) and the thanks button became a casualty. I believe there will be an attempt to revive it, according to a post by one of the mods or owners. I hope so, it was a useful feature. Good luck with the door card.

Lee.
Old 10th January 2023, 21:29   #7
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
The inner handle is connected directly to the actuator via a cable, unless it has snapped, disconnected or the childlock is activated it would open the door without removing the handle assembly. I would assume the OP has tried the inner handle. The outer handle is connected to the actuator via a threaded bar and plastic clip that has most likely opened up allowing the bar to slip through. In this case the only way to open it is to access the actuator directly.

Lee.
You are only partly right with your assumption that because the cable is still connected to the actuator from the door handle, it will open the door. After fiddling with my door cards because my actuator had stopped working, and everything was put back, I could not open the door no way I tried. Door was shut. Had nightmares of trying to get door card off, but thought I would try by getting the handle out of the door to see if I could open it that way. I found that the cable was still attached to the actuator, but the cable was not fitted in the runner end of the door handle, thereby, when the handle was pulled, nothing happened because there was nothing to ‘stop’ the cable end, because it was not in the ‘stop’ on the door handle. Put the cable into the ‘stop’, and everything worked ok. There you have it.
Old 10th January 2023, 22:58   #8
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
You are only partly right with your assumption that because the cable is still connected to the actuator from the door handle, it will open the door. After fiddling with my door cards because my actuator had stopped working, and everything was put back, I could not open the door no way I tried. Door was shut. Had nightmares of trying to get door card off, but thought I would try by getting the handle out of the door to see if I could open it that way. I found that the cable was still attached to the actuator, but the cable was not fitted in the runner end of the door handle, thereby, when the handle was pulled, nothing happened because there was nothing to ‘stop’ the cable end, because it was not in the ‘stop’ on the door handle. Put the cable into the ‘stop’, and everything worked ok. There you have it.
I had the same issue exactly as described above....
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2023, 08:11   #9
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Does anyone know how to remove the handles to raise and lower the rear windows?
Shuknami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2023, 12:26   #10
Lee T
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
I did say unless it has snapped, disconnected or the childlock is activated. As the OP would have to remove the inner handle to remove the the door card so the outer handle can be sorted, Id imagine he would notice the cable out of place. But I agree with your Point, it could be disconnected. Fingers crossed it is, will make removing the door card easy.

Lee.