Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st August 2010, 09:46   #1
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Default How To forum thread problem

When I attempt to open a new thread I get this message, other forums are ok.
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 09:52   #2
Boot Hill Bandit
Gets stuck in

Rover 420 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
When I attempt to open a new thread I get this message, other forums are ok.
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I will look into this now for you fella and report back my findings.

Have a problem? Try here first CLICK ME!
Still unsure? PM me!
Boot Hill Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 09:54   #3
Jimbob
Regular poster

ZTT+ 190 Mk2

Same problem with me too.....

James
Old 31st August 2010, 09:55   #4
Boot Hill Bandit
Gets stuck in

Rover 420 Turbo

Right............... only Admin can post in the how to sections

Still unsure? PM me!
Old 31st August 2010, 10:07   #5
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
Right............... only Admin can post in the how to sections
Where or how are we to post 'How To's' ?

Is this why there have been no threads since May ?

Does this mean there will be no more how to threads by members ?

Should not this info br here ?

Welcome and instructions - please read
Hi and welcome to the Club how to listings. In here you'll find useful information and guides on how to successfully carry out all those jobs where your local mechanic is rubbing his chin, giving a sharp intake of breath and planning his next holiday to the Algarve

But seriously, these how to guides have been written by owners club members who have done the work themselves.

The actual how to's are read only. If you have information that needs adding to any of them then please post it in the main how to forum area and we'll do the updates

We are always looking to add new how to's. If you are doing a job on your car and can take some pics along the way then please post your own how to in the main how to forum area (you can find it listed at the base of the how to sub forums) and we'll add it to the relevant section and give you the credit.

If you have any queries or questions at any time then please post them, again post in the main how to forum, and we'll try to respond asap.

Last edited by Devilish; 31st August 2010 at 10:14..
Old 31st August 2010, 10:10   #6
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Quote:
Where are we to post 'How To's'

Is this why there have been no threads since May
Just post em anyehere Steve................I'm sure the Mods'll put em in the right place
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 10:16   #7
Boot Hill Bandit
Gets stuck in

Rover 420 Turbo

Quote:
Where are we to post 'How To's'

Is this why there have been no threads since May

does this mean there will be no more threads by members
Hmmm...........taking the bull by the horns and I may be wrong........if you could post your 'How To' in the technical section and PM one of us its location we can get it put in the How To by one of the Admin

Thanks for all your input peeps and I look forward to reading the How To!

Still unsure? PM me!
Old 31st August 2010, 10:43   #8
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
Hmmm...........taking the bull by the horns and I may be wrong........if you could post your 'How To' in the technical section and PM one of us its location we can get it put in the How To by one of the Admin

Thanks for all your input peeps and I look forward to reading the How To!
After looking through the How to forum it is plain to see why. I am quite amazed by the threads that have been posted that should clearly not be there. Nothing at all to do with 'How to' whatsoever. If I was admin I would be pulling my hair out. Why cannot mods simply remove them and educate the OP regarding posting in the correct forum, instead of it getting in such a state admin get fed up and shut it down. What seems to be worse is that the threads are still there

It seems all Admin have done to prevent people posting in the wrong forum, is have no option but force members who post informative how to's in a forum where they do not belong, due to poor moderation.

I cannot really work like that

It is a bit like asking a surgeon who has no time to perform a liver transplant, to just sew it to a kidney, for it to be be transplanted properly by a surgeon who has time at a later date.

There must be at least twice the moderators that ther used to be, who should be moderating this sort of thing, it may have prevented it from happening.

Is "post it somewhere else" really the answer.

The 'How To' section is a primary section of this site

Last edited by Devilish; 31st August 2010 at 10:47..
Old 31st August 2010, 11:17   #9
muey
Loves to post

75 connoiseur se hi-line tourer cdt

You do have a point devil, but surely a back seat for a day or 2 would suffice. I take the back seat on a regular basis and it works most of the time. We are all entitled to an opinion, thats what forums are for i suppose. As a 75 owner ,this place has sorted me on many occasions, venting anger on a frustrated basis will not help any one. Please don't take this as a snipe at you, because its not at all. If i was in a position to moderate or help out in any way i would do it gladly, until that day arrives i hope i can pick the brains of such people as your self and keep my mobile armchair on the road.
Regards Mark
muey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 11:20   #10
Boot Hill Bandit
Gets stuck in

Rover 420 Turbo

Quote:
After looking through the How to forum it is plain to see why. I am quite amazed by the threads that have been posted that should clearly not be there. Nothing at all to do with 'How to' whatsoever. If I was admin I would be pulling my hair out. Why cannot mods simply remove them and educate the OP regarding posting in the correct forum, instead of it getting in such a state admin get fed up and shut it down. What seems to be worse is that the threads are still there

It seems all Admin have done to prevent people posting in the wrong forum, is have no option but force members who post informative how to's in a forum where they do not belong, due to poor moderation.

I cannot really work like that

It is a bit like asking a surgeon who has no time to perform a liver transplant, to just sew it to a kidney, for it to be be transplanted properly by a surgeon who has time at a later date.

There must be at least twice the moderators that ther used to be, who should be moderating this sort of thing, it may have prevented it from happening.

Is "post it somewhere else" really the answer.

The 'How To' section is a primary section of this site
well I have noted your points and will get back to you. It obviously needs discussing amongst us. Thank you.

UPDATE: I have just spoken to Dragrad and he has already been going through this section of our forum tidying it. This is going to be resolved in due course albeit not a 5 minute job.

Thank you all for bringing it to our attention.

Still unsure? PM me!

Last edited by Boot Hill Bandit; 31st August 2010 at 11:38.. Reason: UPDATE @12:35