Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd August 2013, 08:43   #1
stuarty

rover 75 tourer

Default new to the rover experience

Hi folks, I'm new to the rover scene. Iv just purchased an 04 rover 75 estate/tourer. Its the 1.8 petrol with 122000 on the clock. The head has been repaired and the car drives like a dream . Infact I'm very pleased with the comfort and solidness of this big motor. It really does feel like a car with half the mileage. I previously owned BMW's and had an accident which resulted in my car being a write off, so this is why I bought the rover. I was thinking of using it as an A to B car until I got another BMW, but I'm that happy with the driving experience of the rover I might just keep it now and use it as my everyday car.

Thanks for listening to me and any advice on this car would be great.
stuarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:13   #2
muey
Loves to post

75 connoiseur se hi-line tourer cdt

Hi Stuarty,
This a great place for advice. I too have a tourer, albeit a diesel version. Fantastic cars and the wealth of information and advice on here is second to none in my experience. I don't post much but learn loads and now and then have a laff too.
Enjoy !
Regards Mark
muey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:17   #3
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuarty View Post
Hi folks, I'm new to the rover scene. Iv just purchased an 04 rover 75 estate/tourer. Its the 1.8 petrol with 122000 on the clock. The head has been repaired and the car drives like a dream . Infact I'm very pleased with the comfort and solidness of this big motor. It really does feel like a car with half the mileage. I previously owned BMW's and had an accident which resulted in my car being a write off, so this is why I bought the rover. I was thinking of using it as an A to B car until I got another BMW, but I'm that happy with the driving experience of the rover I might just keep it now and use it as my everyday car.

Thanks for listening to me and any advice on this car would be great.
Hi Stuart and welcome to the Club.

Yep, the 75 is certainly a Special Car. Very underrated by those who have never even sat in one

I work at a Car auction and even I have managed to "Encourage" some Traders to buy them for selling on Had I the money, I would buy them all myself

There is more than enough intelligent folk on here to help you look after your Tourer and keep it tip top.
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:14   #4
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Hi Stuart and welcome to the Club.
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 13:04   #5
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Welcome new friend.

I hope you enjoy your new toy.

What spec is it?
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 13:59   #6
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Welcome Stuart, I do agree that these cars are very under rated and under priced (which is great for us owners) and if you do decide to use the club site on a regular basis have a think about subscribing to full membership which costs a tenner for the year with all its benefits and as someone else said on this site 'it will be the best £10 you have spent in a long time'.

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote