Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th July 2011, 22:24   #1
Stu9
Loves to post

None at the moment

Default I know this has probably been asked a zillion times...

I'm looking for a diesel est, and was (as you do ) trawling through the Autotrader, P/Hs, Gumtree ect ect....THEN

I came accross a Rover 75 CDT est (ok tourer to give it its title) and thought, that looks ok, especially the interior. Plus the diesel (as it's a BM lump) seems to get good reviews/write ups.

So can any owners convince me to part with some cash to get one instead of maybe a Mondeo, Passat, Audi (A4/6) ect. The only bad things I've read about diesels apart from tyre wear (front) is the gearbox/clutches, as some recomend autos despite loosing some mpg.

Thanks for advice/replies

Edit....am I as well trying to get a "connie" or classic ect, would I miss the toys ie electric mirrors, sunroof ect with a "basic" model

Last edited by Stu9; 16th July 2011 at 22:27..
Stu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 22:32   #2
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Have a read at my buyers guide, all the info is there bar the engine info and common faults info, as thats still work in progress.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 22:38   #3
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Welcome to the Club

Mine's a Classic, with sunroof and bits and pieces from the other higher models as well

I've had my woes with the engine and autobox. But for sheer driving pleasure, cannot be beaten

Most Tourers were made to first owner specifications, so they are all generally "hybrids" of all the models. So it's a bit of a lottery as to what specs are on them. The Classic generally has electric front windows but wind up/down windows on the rear doors. Other than that anything goes....

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 08:11   #4
Stu9
Loves to post

None at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
Have a read at my buyers guide, all the info is there bar the engine info and common faults info, as thats still work in progress.

Alot of good info there......but I was hoping you/somone would have gave a good reason not to go for another make.

And only you two answered...says it all I s'pose, oh well, I asked
Old 17th July 2011, 08:36   #5
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

I´ve got a 2005 manual CDTi Conn SE Tourer with ALL the toys. It´s done about 100,000 miles and I´ve been to UK land way from Sweden a couple of times. Can´t fault it. I do the services myself (not hard). I´ve looked at BMW and Audi but nothing really to compare. Of course if you want a boy racer then prepare to spend some dosh. Also been on the owner sites for these cars and they are not as fantastic as they would lead you to believe. SAAB and VOLVO are okay but again lots more money for about the same thing. The 75 Conn SE interior beats them all
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 08:47   #6
Stu9
Loves to post

None at the moment

Thanks RO....I had seriously thought of an auto but after reading some horrors i dont think so....I'll stick to manual. There isnt that many for sale though (75 estates)
Old 17th July 2011, 09:47   #7
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread moved from Social to General forum for better coverage.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 09:59   #8
muey
Loves to post

75 connoiseur se hi-line tourer cdt

Hi all
Had my tourer for just over 2 years now, a cdt and has just gone through the 100,000 miles. It still feels and drives like a new car. I am not going to get an upgrade or anything because my boy racer days are long gone and besides, just being a cdt means i take a little longer to get where i am going in my mobile armchair ! Good look with your search, you won't regret it whichever spec you decide on.
Regards Mark
muey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 10:42   #9
Stu9
Loves to post

None at the moment

I was looking at this but not sure, as it's an auto

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ub-se/83640897

This (but dont like green, plus a ****** auto again)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1500?logcode=p

And this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1500?logcode=p

Last edited by Stu9; 17th July 2011 at 10:46..
Old 17th July 2011, 10:45   #10
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

best to buy purely on condition most of the toys are just that they don't add much to the experience, I had loads of bother with our cdti for first 9 months nearly gave up but now it is great budget for both fuel pumps (unless it is a late single pump car which seem not to have this issue), egr by pass, synergy (it will be sluggish without),pcv valve, maf sensor, kenlowe engine fan (unless it works and has definitely been replaced recently) and a thorough service (even if the seller claims it has been done). You must be able to DIY or the above will bankrupt you and read this forum to find all the money saving tips such as replacing just the in tank pump rather than the full unit. Our CDTi 135 auto now does an easy 50 mpg on a brisk motorway run and is adequately fast with the synergy on full pelt although no road burner a real pleasure to drive comfy and relaxing plus the ZT suspension makes light work of the twisty bits
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote