Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd April 2011, 00:21   #11
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolin View Post
I think the first time I saw one was in the launch advert with the liquid revealing the car - must have been 1999
Great advert that.

I signed up for information in 1998, got lots of lovely mailshots which convinced me the 75 was lovely, but way out of our price range... then fast forward to 2007 and we bought our Tourer
Old 2nd April 2011, 05:10   #12
M9_Nut
Avid contributor

MG ZT

First saw it at the motor show thanks to some freebie tickets from Rover!
I was around about 20 years old at the time and had a 418GSD. I really wanted one, but could never have afforded it so resolved to wait until it would be a bit more affordable - probably about 10 years!
The first time I got to drive one was about 6 years ago when I borrowed a facelift ZT 190 from a dealer whilst my ZS was in for a service. - I think I visited everyone I knew in the local area that day

Last edited by M9_Nut; 2nd April 2011 at 05:11.. Reason: Typo - and 100 posts woohoo!
M9_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 06:21   #13
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Fell in love with the 75 as soon as I saw it, and like many on here it was way too expensive to afford one.

I was with friends at the National Rolls Royce event a few months later and we were staying in a hotel in Northampton, parked in the car park was one of these new 75's so us as well as others were really giving it a going over, and all of the comments were favourable. What really sticks out now, but didn't at the time was the fact that it was Dorchester Red with Aubergine interior.

That memory has stayed with me and one of the reasons that I have a Dorchester red car with Aubergine interior. Good things do to come to those who wait.

Ian
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:01   #14
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

I can't remember my first 75 but the first ZT I saw in the flesh was at Waddington Air Show where there was a stand MG Rover dealer stand with a ZR, ZS and ZT. The ZT was in BRG and I remember thinking at the time - I wouldn't mind one of those - dream on !!!!
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:05   #15
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

First time I saw one was at the NEC car show. I actually went to see the Jag (owned a couple over the years) and if memory serves me right I think the two stands were very close together. I was just blown away by the 75. I was struck by the similarities and wondered which had come first and who had copied who. I kept wondering back and forth between the stands. I think the Jag had a display where it came out of the wall about 10 foot in the air. I remember thinking it was just a gimmick.

At the time I was out of work having only just got back from Oz so dismissed them both and bought a Carlton. Eventually fell completely in love the 75 and would drool all over them in car parks. My wife disowned me on many occasions.

Bought my current one on April 1st 2003 eight years ago (traded the Carlton in for it) and still look back at it when I park at the supermarkets.

Loved it so much I bought my daughter a new R25 (Which she still has.) before she passed her driving test.
Edd
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:34   #16
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Can't remember the very first but one that does stick in my mind was at a P6ROC show at Lotherton Hall, a dealer had a 2.5 Connoisseur SE there in either Tahiti or Royal Blue with Sandstone leather with all the toys & the seed was planted & it niggled away at me for years until I finally bought a ZT-T
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:22   #17
ardvark
Al

75 CDTI Tourer Auto

I worked at Longbridge and the first time I saw one was when the company let the workforce see it before the launch. It was built at Cowely at first then transfered to Longbridge as some of you know. Whilst the paintshop tracks was being modified to take the longer 75 we had the opportunity to drive all models in the 75 range and fill in a survey in. We had a set route to follow which was quickly scrobbled up and dispensed off. Four of us to a car off we drove. Side streets, motorways, duel cabbageways the lot. It was great, loved every moment of it in all of the cars we had. 2.5 was the quickest of course and the diesel was the slowest but I can't remember anyone havinging anything bad to say apart from a chap called "stick" he must have been 6'9 at least and he was'nt happy about the leg room in the back when behind a 6' driver. ( I wonder what happened to him, nice chap was "stick") God we had some fun in them days. Anywas I digress I personally was'nt to keen on the outside look of the car at first BUT after spraying a few thousand it grew on me. When Rover closed I had to give the ACOP car back and I bought a 600 diesel because the 75 was out of my price range at the time. After the few repeat niggle got on top of me I swapped the 600 for my current 75 tourer which is staying with me for as long as I can fly the flag.
Old 2nd April 2011, 13:20   #18
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

I took my uncle to collect his brand new 214 some years ago and sat in a 75 whilst he signed paperwork etc. I remember admiring the dials and thinking how beautiful the car was and saddened that I could not afford one...... If only I knew what the future would bring

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 13:28   #19
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

>>>Do you remember the first time you saw a 75? <<<

Nope..........................
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 16:35   #20
muey
Loves to post

75 connoiseur se hi-line tourer cdt

Hi all. I was lookin to upgrade from an 800 to an 827 when the 75 was launched and they had a 75 in the showroom when i went to look at the 827. Boy was i smitten, i wanted to make love to it ! Joanna said my eyes nearly popped out when i was looking at it !
Regards Mark
muey is offline   Reply With Quote