Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th August 2013, 13:22   #21
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

Quite simply don't let anyone give you a slating for breaking a fine car fella. As there is a reason for a break.

Cheers
Tony
Old 4th August 2013, 13:58   #22
muey
Loves to post

75 connoiseur se hi-line tourer cdt

Default breaking

Hi all. I too cant see a problem with this thread . My tourer is getting old, Polly will be 13 yrs old this year. With the help of Jules, I am hoping Polly is going to be around for a couple of years . Will there be a tear in my eye, you bet there will . If it all for the good of the "75" model, people do not know what they missing out on. I am not a regular poster a such, but just to visit here if I have a problem and I usually sorted. You can fix summat that's broken, but there is a fine line.
muey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 14:40   #23
1gp

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

carnt see the problem , as long as its a dog... its just the people who break a car, where its only a couple of hundred quid to fix, that really gets me going...
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 16:22   #24
stanningtonglen
Loves to post

MGZT 190+ Comm Num:ZT000969

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
carnt see the problem , as long as its a dog... its just the people who break a car, where its only a couple of hundred quid to fix, that really gets me going...
i for one wont have any problems breaking when the time comes whether its a dog or not, get more then you would selling them
MMM i wounder what it is about F1 ? i don't think its the drivers ...The ZED... Lowered 30mm - Drilled & Grooved Disc's with Red Stuff Pads - Full Stainless - Goodrich Hoses - Stainless Brake Pipes - Lexus style back lights in black & Tinted Windows all round..Catch Tank - Induction Kite
stanningtonglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 16:32   #25
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Just sold a new Thermostat housing, radiator fan and a new condenser to a 75 Taxi owner .

Present mileage 440k still going strong !!

He's owned many different cars as Taxis and this is by far the cheapest to keep on the road than other makes and he's tried them all.

Half a million miles by next year you wait and see.

No need to scrap these cars just because they need run of the mill MOT stuff.
ie
Springs
Brake pipes
Lower front arms
Lower bushes

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 16:36   #26
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.h View Post
Hi, there's no problem with breaking our cars, if the parts from one car help stop 5 others cars stay on the road then that's a good thing!

The point I was making was the traders on then do not like non traders breaking cars and if you state your breaking a car and not a trader 'then your breaking the club rules'! And you will get emails from traders having a go at you!
'Been there and done it'.
So 'breakers' on here have the sole right on selling parts ?

Without doubt they're doing a good job keeping cars on the road, but sometimes it can be more profitable to sell the parts yourself

Need to read up on the club rules I think

Found it
Quote:
14. For Sale & Wanted Sections
We are keen to ensure that the ability to buy and sell items is as easy and convenient as possible to all people who frequent the club, so anyone can view the For Sale & Wanted sections. However, due to continued abuse by opportunists and profiteers there are some important points with which you are required to comply.

14.1 Use of the For sale section is for Subscribed Members and Subscribed Traders only. If you wish to advertise an item in this section you are required to subscribe as a member or Trader. To do this, click on the Subscribe button at the top of any forum page (Potential Traders need to contact a Moderator first via PM or the Contact Us button for full instructions and options). The club cannot be held liable for any adverts published for the sale of goods and or services, either by members or by any other organisation

Members listing allowance
Subscribed members = unlimited items per month *subject to a fair use policy
Unsubscribed members = 0 items per month
Subscribed traders = unlimited items per month

Fair Use Policy
Whilst we are keen to see members help fellow members by placing their unwanted items in the for sale section, the unlimited allowance of items for Red Subscribed members will be subject to a fair use policy. This refers to any member who repeatedly uses these forums exclusively for the listing of goods or services and little else.

In such cases, posting history will be reviewed and a judgement made on whether a particular member is just using our boards as a business platform to turn a profit. In such cases a trader subscription will be required, or listed items will be removed and additional steps taken.

This rule has had to be introduced in order to protect the value of the trading subscription on our boards for those who pay a premium to make a living here and in so doing, help to support the club in meeting it's financial liabilities.
14.2 Items posted for sale must carry the asking price. Asking for offers is not allowed. However, the only exception to this rule is when selling a vehicle as a whole, then the use of ONO or OVNO is permissible, as this is acceptable practice when selling cars
Think it comes down to what is 'fair use'

What cracks me up is 'Unlimited subject to fair use' which actually means 'Limited'

And what about traders helping members, not mentioned in the rules? Only their financial contribution to the 'club' seems to be of concern.

Sort of the problem you'd expect when enthusiast forum goes Ltd. company

Well............that's me banned

Last edited by VMax1000; 4th August 2013 at 16:43..
VMax1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 17:43   #27
Simon.h
This is my second home

Previously owned- MG ZT V6 160 Y plate Lpg, MG ZT 190 2003 In Rare Celestial Factory Ordered Lpg MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
So 'breakers' on here have the sole right on selling parts ?

Without doubt they're doing a good job keeping cars on the road, but sometimes it can be more profitable to sell the parts yourself

Need to read up on the club rules I think

Found it

Think it comes down to what is 'fair use'

What cracks me up is 'Unlimited subject to fair use' which actually means 'Limited'

And what about traders helping members, not mentioned in the rules? Only their financial contribution to the 'club' seems to be of concern.

Sort of the problem you'd expect when enthusiast forum goes Ltd. company

Well............that's me banned
Well said!
MG ZT 190 2004 lpg
Simon.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 18:04   #28
ianfletcher

BMW 1 series

If you want to break a car and use its bits and sell the remains then go for it.

Don't let the puppet masters and bullies on here who think they know best tell you what to do.

You will be frowned upon for half a hour then it will be forgotten about.
ianfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote