Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2013, 19:05   #101
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaki View Post
Ok, I give up, I surrender
I removed PCB, I couldn't find anything suspicious there, measured every resistor (I think) and those seemed to be ok.
I studied a bit fuel pump circuit and it seems that pump is driven by one IC with 8 legs and it is soldered also from its body to board. I cheked that +12V circuit is ok to chip and signal from chip to pin 6 in X1 is ok also. I cannot do anything more.
Frenchmike, still repairing these? Aprog delivery time today?
Send FrenchMike a PM. ( Private message. ) You will get a much faster reply if you do.

Click on his name, up on the left, and then click on 'Send private message'.

Colvert.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 06:53   #102
jaki

BMW 530d T E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Send FrenchMike a PM. ( Private message. ) You will get a much faster reply if you do.
Actually I allready did some time ago. Unfortunately, my model is new to him. But: as soon I get better from my flu, I install my modificated pcb, and test it. If it does not work, I change the chip and if it is still without pump current, I will give it to local expert (they have huge repair queue presently). Our cold days will last about one month still, so I should repair it relatively quick or it does not matter anymore for this winter

Edit: I swapped output to an other FET port in that circuit. Didn't help. Cuircuitry worked exatrly in a same way than before (so, I didn't break anything extra )Ok, it was too difficult job to me and my tools anyway (too small connections). So it is possible that my connection was wrong soldered. I ordered new chip and will have it in a couple of days. Local electronic shop can do the swapping without a problem. I will then once again check all the cables & connections, put everything together...and hope the best. If it does not work, I will give it to expert.

Last edited by jaki; 13th February 2013 at 14:17..
jaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 16:34   #103
Vexatus
Regular poster

BMW E46

jaki, if you'll apply a lot of flux or colophony then solder will hold to the copper and "get away" it self from the laminate.

Best regards
Greg
Vexatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 17:17   #104
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaki View Post
Thank's for fast reply. Ok, the pulse width is so narrow. I still think my high quality multimeter should have indicated this with it's analog bar, but not sure anymore. Unfortunately I don't have scope in my hand, thinking to buy one. I will once more come back to pump itself and test it with "manual" pulsing. If it still clicks, then I remove and look at the pcb. resistors does not sound very easy to replace.
If I don't see anything clear what is burn/broken I will rise my hands up. Fortunately we have here in Finland also a repair shop special for these Webasto pcb's from BMW and others.
I will report when I have studied a bit more.
In the absence of a 'scope, a logic probe with a cmos setting would pick up and show the pulses.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 13th February 2013 at 17:20..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 18:40   #105
dotsie
Avid contributor

2 x rover 75 cdt

A big thanks to Frenchmike for fixing 2 pcb's for me.Both FBH's are now running well.The man is a genius
dotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 16:37   #106
jaki

BMW 530d T E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsie View Post
A big thanks to Frenchmike for fixing 2 pcb's for me.Both FBH's are now running well.The man is a genius
Good for You, I even swapped (or electronic shop did it) new output stage for fuel pump, but result was same than before. I cheked fuel pump cabeling once again but everything was ok.
I found from motor-talk a couple gus with similar eerror codes. No answer there either
I give it up. I will visit an expert when I hve little more time.
Old 20th February 2013, 21:02   #107
jaki

BMW 530d T E61

Sad story to my Webasto.
I had problem with my battery (original from year 2004), and there was also litlle contact problems with battery cabling.
I managed fire my car with jump start and bought new battery. Everything else is ok, except this FBH. First: I couldn't get contact to it with my DIS. Then I realise that its fuse was blown. I replaced it and the I heard aux water pump running on all the time. Ahd: this is serious: I couln't still get any contact to it Even when car totally switched off water pump remains on, meaning I was forced t oremove that fuse.
So my unit seems to be very sick.
Old 31st March 2013, 19:09   #108
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchMike View Post
Hi Greg,

I can confirm:
A :ceramic capacitor unknown value.
B:49.9k resistor
C:1 ohm resistor
D:4.7k resistor
E:ceramic capacitor unknown value.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Any idea which component causes the error message "Glowpin flame sense interrupted- Short circuit". I found one 4.7K resistor open circuit, but the error is still there. The glowpin is not short circuit because i tested it in another heater.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 19:23   #109
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
Hi Mike,

Any idea which component causes the error message "Glowpin flame sense interrupted- Short circuit". I found one 4.7K resistor open circuit, but the error is still there. The glowpin is not short circuit because i tested it in another heater.
Hi,

The quickest way is checking all the resistors...
FrenchMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 13:25   #110
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchMike View Post
Hi,

The quickest way is checking all the resistors...

It was a solder joint this time. It seems the chewing gum has attacked the joints on the resistors which was very confusing because when measuring the resistors on the top of their caps they read fine, but when I scraped away the varnish on the pads and measured there, they read open circuit. Ended up replacing 2 x 4.7K resistors and 1 x 10K one.

That chewing gum has a lot to answer for.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote