Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th March 2022, 19:14   #11
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM View Post
As this is a well mannered thread with no malice by contributors to each other.
Perhaps I may be allowed to re-publish my Putin "cartoon" again on this forum without it being censored.
After all, censorship is the sort of thing the "Gremlin in the Kremlin" would aprove of.
Kev.
Kev
Publish away as the thread regarding it has me intrigued as I never set eyes on the original.
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2022, 19:18   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
As this is a well mannered thread with no malice by contributors to each other.
Perhaps I may be allowed to re-publish my Putin "cartoon" again on this forum without it being censored.
After all, censorship is the sort of thing the "Gremlin in the Kremlin" would aprove of.
Kev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Kev
Publish away as the thread regarding it has me intrigued as I never set eyes on the original.
Kev

But not in this thread please. I'd like this thread to remain open so people can discuss Putin after watching the programmes.
Old 30th March 2022, 21:25   #13
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

MSS you said as follows, "But not in this thread please. I'd like this thread to remain open so people can discuss Putin after watching the programmes".

As I said...."Perhaps I may be allowed to publish my cartoon again" If I was, I would do it on this thread, as It's not exclusive to you.
Kev.
Old 30th March 2022, 22:04   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

What you actually wrote was:

Quote:

I agree this thread is not exclusive to me, but this thread was started for a specific purpose - a well mannered discussion of an important matter..

In any case it would be extremely bad manners to repeat something that has already caused offence (we believe) and has been removed from the forum by the management. Why would you wish to sabotage this thread that has thus far proved to be a vehicle for a well mannered exchange?

Last edited by MSS; 30th March 2022 at 22:10..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2022, 23:13   #15
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

MSS

As I said...."Perhaps I may be allowed to publish my cartoon again" If I was, I would do it on this thread, as It's not exclusive to you.

My Cartoon caused no offence to anyone. Over 90 people saw it on the forum, it caused no offence any of them..
Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2022, 08:03   #16
MSS
This is my second home

KLM - how do you know the cartoon was not offended for being called Putin?

Then there will be millions like myself who found the cartoon character quite endearing - they will be offended by the association you portray!

Old 31st March 2022, 12:10   #17
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Westonboy says......

Hi Kevin, when I saw your post this morning I thought how did you get a picture of my ex Mother in law.

and MSS loved her.. lol. (
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I think I'm in Luv........MIL's address please.
)

Last edited by KLM; 31st March 2022 at 12:45..
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2022, 14:43   #18
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I see Putin is threatening gas supplies to Europe. I think the UK should think about ways of dealing with gas outages. I know we don't rely too much on Russian gas, nevertheless I think we should be prepared for energy outages. I'm personally in the process of buying a solar powered system including battery storage that would act as a backup if our mains electricity was cut. We rely on oil for our c/h and also have a woodburner for heating downstairs. I have numerous calor gas bottles to power aportable heater, a camping stove and a bbq. Just to rely on mains gas for c/h to my mind is folly. We should be prepared and the government should help us.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2022, 14:53   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I see Putin is threatening gas supplies to Europe. I think the UK should think about ways of dealing with gas outages. I know we don't rely too much on Russian gas, nevertheless I think we should be prepared for energy outages. I'm personally in the process of buying a solar powered system including battery storage that would act as a backup if our mains electricity was cut. We rely on oil for our c/h and also have a woodburner for heating downstairs. I have numerous calor gas bottles to power aportable heater, a camping stove and a bbq. Just to rely on mains gas for c/h to my mind is folly. We should be prepared and the government should help us.
I'd like to know more about your battery storage so please do tell. I dont know enough about it but my wife has mentioned it and with the cost of electric it may be beneficial.
With solar, some systems need a 240v supply so you can use solar. No 240v, no electric which seems odd.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2022, 16:33   #20
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I’m waiting on an estimate, my friend has just bought a system for £9k
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote