Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th January 2015, 11:26   #1
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Default Crashed the 75 last Saturday..

On the way home from work I lost control in the bad weather, Spun round a couple of times and travelled backwards down the wrong side of the road before skelping the cirb and coming off the road all together..

All the damage was underneath the car, ball joints, springs, handbreak cable, under tray was pulled off and the wireing for the fog lights Ect at the front pulled out. My mechanic checked it out and the bill would be about £500 or there about's.

Got to be honest really thought that that was it for the car. It's 13 now and showing it's age.. however I went ahead and got it fixed, got it back yesterday and all now is good with a final bill of £433.
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 11:30   #2
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Glad to hear that you are OK and that the car is still fixable. Safe motoring to you and yours.
Mike
Old 24th January 2015, 11:34   #3
gazcaz
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT

Cool

Yep glad your ok and did the right thing and got the girl back on the round big thumbs up from me...

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
gazcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 11:49   #4
Santara man
Avid contributor

2004 Rover75 Tourer

As the saying goes "It's only metal" as long as your ok ....not a bad bill though with parts and labour
Santara man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 11:53   #5
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Glad to hear your safe and sound..
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 12:09   #6
Phil63
Posted a thing or two

04 75 tourer cdt auto. Two tone grey. X-Power over Tempest. 04 75 V8 Chatsworth Bronze..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazcaz View Post
Yep glad your ok and did the right thing and got the girl back on the round big thumbs up from me...
Well done for getting it fixed bud.
Phil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 12:34   #7
hamster19
Gets stuck in

tourer conn CDTI

Glad you are safe.
hamster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 14:57   #8
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Hi bud,

Sorry to hear of your mishap I didn't even attempt to get to work last week as I doubt I'd have made it out of Holmhead was a struggle to get up home on the Friday.
You should have gave me a shout bud & I'd have lent a hand to repair the damage.
Icey road cost me an alloy & a wishbone just before Xmas on the tarbolton road just past the cemetery luckily I didn't end up in the field or it would have been curtains for the zt.
Old 24th January 2015, 16:46   #9
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros3 View Post
On the way home from work I lost control in the bad weather, Spun round a couple of times and travelled backwards down the wrong side of the road before skelping the cirb and coming off the road all together..

All the damage was underneath the car, ball joints, springs, handbreak cable, under tray was pulled off and the wireing for the fog lights Ect at the front pulled out. My mechanic checked it out and the bill would be about £500 or there about's.

Got to be honest really thought that that was it for the car. It's 13 now and showing it's age.. however I went ahead and got it fixed, got it back yesterday and all now is good with a final bill of £433.
Sounds like an expensive lesson in 'how to drive according to conditions'

Glad you got it sorted but hope you learned something as well
VMax1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 17:17   #10
munroman
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
Sounds like an expensive lesson in 'how to drive according to conditions'

Glad you got it sorted but hope you learned something as well
Mmm, If I might give my 'tuppence worth', conditions up here in Scotland have been very variable, with snow, ice and warm wet conditions, all within a few hours.

As an example, at 10pm last night it was 5 degrees, by 7am there had been a sharp frost, and the roads and pavements were sheet ice.
I'm used to icy conditions on the mountains, but this morning was as bad as I've seen, a Transit van slid sideways at a junction when it was only going at walking pace, shortly afterwards an ambulance had a 'moment' even though it was going fairly slowly.

Due to 'cutbacks; gritting seems to have been cut way back, there has been no gritting of local side roads (which are fairly hilly)at all this winter.

Of course we should all drive 'to the conditions', the point I'm trying to make is that sometimes those conditions do change very quickly, all it takes is one blocked drain and a patch of ice can form, and once you hit that, you're just a passenger. (This happened to me, I was doing 15mph on a straight road and rain had landed on ice, the car just broke away from me, slid backwards into a lampost, and I ended up facing the correct way, 6 feet away from an 18 wheel lorry which had managed to stop in time, my drivers seat needed to be valeted though)

Glad you were ok, and the car is fixed, lets support each other here, sometimes despite our best efforts **** happens, and it's easy to be critical from afar, we do not live in a perfect world......

Last edited by Dragrad; 2nd September 2015 at 00:07.. Reason: Contravention of Club Rules - FAQ Rule 2 ;-(
munroman is offline   Reply With Quote