Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd April 2022, 12:09   #11
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

Found the 2 almost hidden screws and managed to remove the radio with two pieces of junior hacksaw blades.

Removed the carpet, isn't it heavy and awkward being shaped and al.

Letting the carpet dry for 2/3 days then hopefully put it all back together.

Many thanks for all the advice given.

Jiml
skinnyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2022, 14:18   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyL View Post
Found the 2 almost hidden screws and managed to remove the radio with two pieces of junior hacksaw blades.

Removed the carpet, isn't it heavy and awkward being shaped and al.

Letting the carpet dry for 2/3 days then hopefully put it all back together.

Many thanks for all the advice given.

Jiml[/QUOTE
]

Mine took three weeks to dry out completely

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2022, 15:43   #13
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

Hi Artic,
I followed most of (some missing just shows Tiny Pics!) to do the sunroof drains
and my catr (LHD) the passenger side ghrommet pulled out and was perished so I just used another piece of pipe from a shop here and used both the halford adaptors aand also dmgrs black ones, that was difficult enough and then stripping out the seats and carpet etc phew. Anyway the carpet is obviously very heavy with water but I managed to squeeze out quite a lot and am hoping iot will dry in 2-3 days as do not forget we have loads of sun here in Spain so the sooner the better. Lucky I am here for 6 weeks. But the airbag light is on and I am contemplating changing the Side Impact Sensors as these were soaked and there is no one near who has a T4 or TOAP to confirm if these are faulty, so thought change them whilst the carpet is out.

I want to thank you for your excellant guide and pictures to show us how to do these repairs, but I do not know hpow you managed to get such good photos as there is not much room, to say the least.

Many thanks Artic.

Best regards Jim
Old 27th April 2022, 11:05   #14
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Well I got the carpets dry after three days, after laying a towel on the underlay then treading over it to expel the water and I must have removed 2/3 gallons of water within the foam backing and about 3 gallons after the carpet was removed and i think that bis the only way to remove ALL the water from the car after removing the carpet, no way could you remove that amount of water without removing the carpet. And the sun out here helped of course.
After fixing the sunroof drains I also squirted a small amount of expanded foam in the 2 front areas to ensure they would not pull out again, just as an added precaution as I do NOT want to ever remove a carpet again.

I still have the problem of the airbag light not going out, and am haviong a garage resolder the wires under the passenger seat, as had to cut these to remove the seat, but I am now wondering if I should replace the Side Impact Sensor on the passenger side, as that was where the water lay, not on the drivers side and DMGRS have this sensor at £162.00, it is green and part no: YDB 100310 (early type) unless one is obtainable elsewhere and cheaper prehaps. Many thanks for reading this. Jim
Old 27th April 2022, 11:36   #15
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Bit confused here unless I'm not looking at the right one, but the side impact sensors DMGRS has are the later ones and priced at £29.99 (?).

If you've got Toaf you can easily diagnose these sensors yourself, otherwise it's guessing (expensive) but I've found that water damaged (early) sensors usually have a furry coating of oxide.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2022, 13:43   #16
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Bit confused here unless I'm not looking at the right one, but the side impact sensors DMGRS has are the later ones and priced at £29.99 (?).

If you've got Toaf you can easily diagnose these sensors yourself, otherwise it's guessing (expensive) but I've found that water damaged (early) sensors usually have a furry coating of oxide.

Regards
Hi,
I telephoned DMGRS and they emailed me to say that the part is available @£162.00 This is a 2000 model car and the part no is: YDB 100310 although there are seconhand ones available on ebay, but I am not sure ifg I shall replace one yet as I will see what happens when the garage solders the cut wires together first, which should happen on Friday 29 th. Both sensors look like new abd there is no corrosion on either and I have let them dry off over the last week, so we shall see what happens on friday. I do not have TOAF and I am not aware of anyone near me in Spain who has either a T4 or TOAF setup. Many thanks for your advice.
Old 28th April 2022, 09:00   #17
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

There are a couple of second hand ones in Spain if you needed one or maybe ask on here try Mickyboy he may have some

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125257390...sAAOSwmWhgM-Gr

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2022, 17:11   #18
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

I've read this a couple of times and no one has told you the easy way of removing the rear seat squab.
After releasing the two front corner clips, if you lift up the front of the squab, all you're doing is pulling the bars you want to release from the hooks deeper into the hooks, making it almost impossible to get off.
So . . . release the front corner clips, keep the squab as flat as possible while still clearing the front clips, put your second hand beneath the backrest and grab the back edge of the squab. Push the squab back while lifting with the rear hand. It works rather easily.
When putting it back on, again, keep it flat, rest the bars on top of the hooks, push backwards and down with the rear hand. They soon slip under the hook.
Finally, pull the squab as far forward as it will go, to line up the front clips perfectly.
Job's a good un
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2022, 20:43   #19
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Thanks for that. I just managed to remove the carpet from the rear by lifting each corner of the rear seat and lifting the carpet over the small lip with the cutout and this enabled me to get on with the job. Only job left is for a local garage to solder the airbag cables together under the passenger seat and this is happening tomorrow, so hopefully the airbag light will stay off and I wont need to replace a side impact sensor/s

Thanks for your help. Jim
Old 29th April 2022, 09:12   #20
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Can anyone help with the wiring for the airbags please.

As you may know my car is LHD and the wires were cut from under the front passenger seat. The wires from the seat are:

Right hand side of seat=2x Blue.
Left hand side of seat= 1@ Purple/White. 1@ Black/White.

From floor there are 4 wires:

1@ Orange/Red
1@ Purple/Red
1@ Brown/Red
1@ Brown

Can anyone know which joins with which, as my garage is not sure and nor am I! Many thanks for all advice given. Jim