Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th April 2022, 19:58   #31
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

I must admit, many a time before the vanishing of the Austin garages i always never had a call back when wanted any work done, tried for years, many years before this current issue, i now use funny enough also based almost in Burton on Trent, and MG Rover outfit with T4 etc etc, i just gave up trying to give them work.....as i say well before this current situation what that may be.

MGR obsession, great bunch of guys and only do MGR products.. well i lie also Austin Rover group products too
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2022, 09:25   #32
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lincs View Post
Zephyr

You seem to have an issue here with my concerns for Nick and Jean at Austin garages for some reason and as you will see other members have questioned why you have responded with the statement you made?

I will be in Coventry soon if you would like us to meet up and sort this out Head to Head perhaps at the local lidl store? I suggest lidl as from you previously posted messages you know them well
Dave - to be fair to Zephyr, I also felt that your post #7 was more about Simon's post than your concerns for the people in question. You may remember my PM to you at the time.

To all the other posters commenting on Zephyr's post, he has a view and has chosen to express it in a manner that I do not see as harmful. I for one support his right to express that view. I also had a view which was not 100% positive about post #7 but chose to communicate with Dave via PM at the time.

I'd say let the man express his view without what could be perceived as others forming a queue to 'gang-up' on him.
Old 19th April 2022, 14:12   #33
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Dave - to be fair to Zephyr, I also felt that your post #7 was more about Simon's post than your concerns for the people in question. You may remember my PM to you at the time.

To all the other posters commenting on Zephyr's post, he has a view and has chosen to express it in a manner that I do not see as harmful. I for one support his right to express that view. I also had a view which was not 100% positive about post #7 but chose to communicate with Dave via PM at the time.

I'd say let the man express his view without what could be perceived as others forming a queue to 'gang-up' on him.
On the wider internet groups, popping up, making disparaging (and incorrect) remarks then disappearing is known as trolling.
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2022, 15:09   #34
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
On the wider internet groups, popping up, making disparaging (and incorrect) remarks then disappearing is known as trolling.

Agreed, but it is also the case that on the wider internet trolls often go around accusing others of trolling because they cannot accept someone having a different opinion to themselves.
Old 19th April 2022, 15:34   #35
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

As far as I can see, there are people who are genuinely concerned about something, and there are those who just wish to make a comment. Sometimes it appears that their comments are antagonistic, done to ‘stir things up’ , and at other times, they do not realise how the format and words that are used, are actually offensive. Some people, due to brain patterns, no I am not being a clever ick, such as dyslexia, slight autistic tendency, and being Asperger syndrome, do not realise that what they say is meant in the way we take it Please try and be understanding of some of these conditions when replying to some of these posts.

Last edited by bl52krz; 19th April 2022 at 15:37..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2022, 16:36   #36
Bazzateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
........they cannot accept someone having a different opinion to themselves.
This is the problem with the current cult of woke or pc idealogues who shout and scream at those with opposing views instead of engaging in sensible debate like grown ups. They're also the ones behind the cancel culture we see everywhere.
Old 19th April 2022, 16:45   #37
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Never used Austin garages myself, but I have heard positive comments about them in the past. I hope they are ok and that the situation will resolve itself in due time. Grief is something that affects each person differently, so please be patient if you are waiting on them.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2022, 20:21   #38
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzateer View Post
This is the problem with the current cult of woke or pc idealogues who shout and scream at those with opposing views instead of engaging in sensible debate like grown ups. They're also the ones behind the cancel culture we see everywhere.

I agree. Also, we should appreciate that it is OK for people to have opinions which are factually incorrect/wrong. It doesn't make them bad individuals.

I suspect most people are in fact probably wrong more often than not. I suspect I probably am.
Old 20th April 2022, 06:26   #39
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
MGR obsession, great bunch of guys and only do MGR products.. well i lie also Austin Rover group products too
When I was there last year he had to drive out a Jag XJ (top end overhaul) before my old jalopy could get in.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2022, 20:42   #40
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

at least we got our F back after 4 mouths but had to get it MOT ourselves . it was all done via messages so not seen either in a long time but i have had contact with jean via facebook . i i of fully known the situation i guess we would of done different but we have being going to Austin garages for many many years normally we would never of waited for so long but its them and things were not well with them so we waited , near 4 months .. ive not had resent contact with jaen so not sure of current status but my last contact was not happy . i can only hope things will soon be better but no time table is available , normal service i cant say when but i wish them well , alas death can effect folk in many ways ..

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote