Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th February 2022, 22:39   #13341
Bazzateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
I need to do that to mine. Just need to make sure I have sorted out the water leak first, have replaced the rear light seals, the boot rubber seems ok but it's been too wet and rainy to dry the carpet out so I don't know if I have sorted it yet. I know that water leaks into the boot are a notorious problem on 75s.

Pretty sure I've fixed the leaks in mine for now. The next downpour will tell!
Old 12th February 2022, 23:16   #13342
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Default Door panel fitting and rear light unit repairs.

Originally posted by GOLTHO
driver's side one is the same! I've had it off recently to change the wing mirror and thought I'd sorted it when I refitted it, but it seems not. I generally push it towards the glass with my left hand and smack it hard downwards with my right elbow. That last about two days. What did you do to fix it?

Whilst the door panel was off, I tweaked the row of clips along the waist rail trim to open them slightly as they appeared to have closed up, then when refitting the panel, align the top edge whilst holding the lower edge out slightly from the door frame, push down firmly into position, then align the retaining clips and push the panel fully home.
Seems to be secure, but time will tell!

How did you do this repair? My Tourer rear lights are the same.

With the light units removed, cut and shape a piece of thin aluminium sheet to mimic the mounting lug, drill the screw hole and bond to the broken lug with JB plastic weld after thoroughly cleaning mating faces, I then cut sections of similar thickness plastic (from an old storage box lid) to replace the missing section of lug and bond in place so there is a uniform face to mate up with the panelwork when fitted.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by bsafly; 12th February 2022 at 23:44.. Reason: Quote boxes not working!
bsafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2022, 10:07   #13343
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsafly View Post
driver's side one is the same! I've had it off recently to change the wing mirror and thought I'd sorted it when I refitted it, but it seems not. I generally push it towards the glass with my left hand and smack it hard downwards with my right elbow. That last about two days. What did you do to fix it?

Whilst the door panel was off, I tweaked the row of clips along the waist rail trim to open them slightly as they appeared to have closed up, then when refitting the panel, align the top edge whilst holding the lower edge out slightly from the door frame, push down firmly into position, then align the retaining clips and push the panel fully home.
Seems to be secure, but time will tell!

How did you do this repair? My Tourer rear lights are the same.

Quote:
With the light units removed, cut and shape a piece of thin aluminium sheet to mimic the mounting lug, drill the screw hole and bond to the broken lug with JB plastic weld after thoroughly cleaning mating faces, I then cut sections of similar thickness plastic (from an old storage box lid) to replace the missing section of lug and bond in place so there is a uniform face to mate up with the panelwork when fitted.
Hope that helps.
A bit like this then below.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2022, 12:12   #13344
Bazzateer

Fitted a couple of real fake walnut sections to the climate control and stereo fascias on the 75.
Before and after:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220124_182516.jpg (121.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20220213_115717.jpg (125.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 13th February 2022, 12:44   #13345
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Watched the rain bouncing off the zt when I pulled up and though nah ill fix the handbrake next weekend
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2022, 13:07   #13346
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
A bit like this then below.

Yep, very similar to those.
Old 13th February 2022, 13:27   #13347
bsafly
Just going about!

Seeing as the rain held off for a bit this morning, fitted the new MAF sensor and took the car for a good drive - quite a large improvement, will have to see how the fuel economy is affected.
Just enough time to wash it aswell before the rain came.
Think I shall go to my workshop for the afternoon and sort out the spares and tidy up a bit, it's not very nice outside!
Old 13th February 2022, 18:00   #13348
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

As the tourer decided the night before our holiday to Scotland not to start , when I was away, I ordered a starter repair kit from DMGRS and today , following Arctic's excellent how to , I set to removing the starter motor to carry out the repair. All went well apart from removing and fitting the copper bolt that holds the contact to the starter solenoid. The first nut came off easy but the 14mm was tight and blunted the copper threads after working the nut backward and forwards to remove. I had the same issue refitting the two nuts !

Plenty of plus gas and lots of patience saw it back together after using the nut to recut the threads and once on the car , I was rewarded with an instant start.

It's a pity the kit doesn't come with spare nuts and copper bolts as I think I had a lucky escape !
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2022, 19:20   #13349
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

You can put a small black headed screw into the card just under the top wide part of the cad. Artic did a how to for this I think
Old 13th February 2022, 21:43   #13350
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
As the tourer decided the night before our holiday to Scotland not to start , when I was away, I ordered a starter repair kit from DMGRS and today , following Arctic's excellent how to , I set to removing the starter motor to carry out the repair. All went well apart from removing and fitting the copper bolt that holds the contact to the starter solenoid. The first nut came off easy but the 14mm was tight and blunted the copper threads after working the nut backward and forwards to remove. I had the same issue refitting the two nuts !

Plenty of plus gas and lots of patience saw it back together after using the nut to recut the threads and once on the car , I was rewarded with an instant start.

Quote:
It's a pity the kit doesn't come with spare nuts and copper bolts as I think I had a lucky escape !
You can get a set .
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254580647...YAAMXQltxQ6yoB

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251755645...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote