Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2021, 15:09   #151
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Some thirty years ago we lived in a place called Wickford in Essex. We lived at the end of a cul-de-sac of 40 houses with us and only four other families being UK born. At festive times, for C's of E and various other faiths (and none) with important dates, we were inundated with baskets of sweetmeats and all kinds of tasty treats.

We have never lived in a happier and more settled place than that road, even though we were sometimes referred to as 'the foreigners'! As it happens, one guy started to teach me how to get a tune out of a sitar. The only problem I had was trying to cross my legs. They were good walking legs. The ‘Man from the Prudential’ type of legs.

The biggest laugh was when I returned the compliment by offering him a reciprocal lesson on my Rob Roy bagpipes. You could hear the ululations several streets away.
It did my street cred a world of good.
Old 18th December 2021, 16:01   #152
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Some thirty years ago we lived in a place called Wickford in Essex. We lived at the end of a cul-de-sac of 40 houses with us and only four other families being UK born. At festive times, for C's of E and various other faiths (and none) with important dates, we were inundated with baskets of sweetmeats and all kinds of tasty treats.

We have never lived in a happier and more settled place than that road, even though we were sometimes referred to as 'the foreigners'! As it happens, one guy started to teach me how to get a tune out of a sitar. The only problem I had was trying to cross my legs. They were good walking legs. The ‘Man from the Prudential’ type of legs.

The biggest laugh was when I returned the compliment by offering him a reciprocal lesson on my Rob Roy bagpipes. You could hear the ululations several streets away.
It did my street cred a world of good.
These are the "Immigrants" who came here Legally and have integrated well in to the community.. I worked with a lot of Asian people and found them to be very friendly and polite and was always invited into their homes Nowadays it is the Illegal one,s where there is a problem, they dont want to integrate and cause problems

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 16:13   #153
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

No human is illegal.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 17:59   #154
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I wouldn't know one if straight off the boat he shook my hand. What I would like to do is to be able to differentiate from those who are genuinely intending to build a new and rewarding life away from the persecution of their 'masters'' and religious fanatics who, blasphemously, substitute the iron first for the hand of friendship.

Those same fanatics who have indoctrinated more than a few with murderous intent. It is said that charity begins at home but it can extend as far as the horizon if needed. Then, it isn't charity at all, it's humanity at its finest.
Old 20th December 2021, 21:22   #155
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
These are the "Immigrants" who came here Legally and have integrated well in to the community.. I worked with a lot of Asian people and found them to be very friendly and polite and was always invited into their homes Nowadays it is the Illegal one,s where there is a problem, they dont want to integrate and cause problems
Remind me exactly when the perpetrators of the grooming gangs arrived in this country?

Please note this is not a dig at all immigrants, of whatever era - I'm merely pointing out the absurdity of the notion that all previous generations of immigrants were saints whereas the recent arrivals are rapists and terrorists, which is exactly what some on this forum have written recently.
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2021, 21:50   #156
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Charlie if you know Im willing to be informed. As to being right or wrong,I have been wrong and will no doubt be so again but Im pretty sure Im not this time. They dont come with any identification because it has been destroyed by them or their helpers long before they entered the no borders area. So no identification, no origin, no repatriation. We only have the evidence of our eyes and ears. And for those who think some trade or skill makes a case for them its not that,it is numbers, too many is too many, we are over populated, now. Chris S.
The most common countries of origin for asylum seekers in the 12 months to September were, in descending order, Iran, Eritrea and Albania, which blows out of the water the assumption by some that they are mostly coming from countries in which we have been militarily involved. Of course, the number coming from different countries fluctuates and there will no doubt be an increase in Afghans in the next set of figures.
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2021, 09:56   #157
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

The problem is that many who try to come here through the legal channels, get turned down, so they come illegally, because most then get their claims approved and are allowed to stay, plus now we are out of the EU, we can not easily return them to an EU country. As has been pointed out, many are skilled, yet can not work legally, so they work mostly for cash, and some get exploited by gang masters etc, we have a manpower shortage, and it does not make sence not to allow them to get an NI card and work, pay tax etc, this could be done in France, and then put on coaches to be brought over safely as regards homing them, build work camps, etc where they have basic sound accommodation, medical facilities education classes, including teaching English, to enable them to visit shops, doctors etc and to be able to settle. and only once they have been here for 12 months and a work history allow them to move into the community
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2021, 19:35   #158
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Butler View Post
The problem is that many who try to come here through the legal channels, get turned down, so they come illegally, because most then get their claims approved and are allowed to stay, plus now we are out of the EU, we can not easily return them to an EU country. As has been pointed out, many are skilled, yet can not work legally, so they work mostly for cash, and some get exploited by gang masters etc, we have a manpower shortage, and it does not make sence not to allow them to get an NI card and work, pay tax etc, this could be done in France, and then put on coaches to be brought over safely as regards homing them, build work camps, etc where they have basic sound accommodation, medical facilities education classes, including teaching English, to enable them to visit shops, doctors etc and to be able to settle. and only once they have been here for 12 months and a work history allow them to move into the community

A Vision of a "Utopia" (an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect).... which will never be achieved as most do not wish to Integrate

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2021, 07:31   #159
mbev51
Banned

Removed

The boats of migrants are still coming. It must be a horrendous journey made by desperate people.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2021, 09:52   #160
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Unsubscription

Another thread i have unsubscribed too, as it's going round in circles.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote