Notices

Old 8th December 2021, 20:36   #181
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
The immune systems of the ones that have died didn't step up for obvious reasons, they weren't strong enough, like my aunt wasn't, covid took her. Some natural immunity from illness can wane, a tetanus injection every ten years or so is sometimes needed, some older people will get other age related illness like AF, I know I won't get that one thankfully as an older person. Older people suffer many problems, covid is a newish one. The facts of getting older are cell degradation among other things, teenagers are still building their immune systems and bodies. A human heart is still developing into teenage years, it's why some teenagers keel over with problems, a true ECG is hard to read on a teenager. There are many reasons for health issues to surface at different times of life, all aided by living a life, obesity, alcohol, genetics, they all play a part. To be honest, I've yet to see evidence of someone with natural immunity requiring hospital care for a repeat infection, I've read reports of those vaccinated being hospitalised but I think that's not a full story, in many people the vaccines do nothing at all, it may be that those people are jabbed but have not one jot of protection, then they get ill but are seen to be jabbed on paper. Who knows? I follow my open mind on these things, I rule nothing out but I won't fall for propaganda to make me comply with the narrative being the chapter and verse of covid. The government is nailing down everyone's hat now with plan b, does that seem like a logical move considering no-one with Omicron has been hospitalised anywhere yet? The vaccines count for nothing if you take a deep breath and a step back, why not listen to the science we're told. The science says Omicron is mild, Whitty and Co say otherwise against the evidence. The vaccinated are being duped, the unvaccinated don't care either way.
This post of yours contradicts what you previously said.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 20:51   #182
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
This post of yours contradicts what you previously said.

macafee2
The people that had covid and carried on breathing have natural immunity, the ones that stopped breathing don't. It's no contradiction, if you had it and recovered you're better placed than any vaccinated person, If you didn't recover you don't care either way. I never said people didn't die from covid. I don't get what you're trying to say, please correct me where you think I'm wrong.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2021, 10:17   #183
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
The immune systems of the ones that have died didn't step up for obvious reasons, they weren't strong enough, like my aunt wasn't, covid took her. Some natural immunity from illness can wane, a tetanus injection every ten years or so is sometimes needed, some older people will get other age related illness like AF, I know I won't get that one thankfully as an older person. Older people suffer many problems, covid is a newish one. The facts of getting older are cell degradation among other things, teenagers are still building their immune systems and bodies. A human heart is still developing into teenage years, it's why some teenagers keel over with problems, a true ECG is hard to read on a teenager. There are many reasons for health issues to surface at different times of life, all aided by living a life, obesity, alcohol, genetics, they all play a part. To be honest, I've yet to see evidence of someone with natural immunity requiring hospital care for a repeat infection, I've read reports of those vaccinated being hospitalised but I think that's not a full story, in many people the vaccines do nothing at all, it may be that those people are jabbed but have not one jot of protection, then they get ill but are seen to be jabbed on paper. Who knows? I follow my open mind on these things, I rule nothing out but I won't fall for propaganda to make me comply with the narrative being the chapter and verse of covid. The government is nailing down everyone's hat now with plan b, does that seem like a logical move considering no-one with Omicron has been hospitalised anywhere yet? The vaccines count for nothing if you take a deep breath and a step back, why not listen to the science we're told. The science says Omicron is mild, Whitty and Co say otherwise against the evidence. The vaccinated are being duped, the unvaccinated don't care either way.
Thanks for that, it mirrors my thoughts entirely. Constantly truly amazed at the abject terror and apostolic belief following these ever varying government edicts coming from Witty and Co. The terror showing on their pinched and anguished faces tells it all.

.................................................. .THEY ARE BEING TOLD WHAT TO SAY............................................... .........................

As for the fat controller in the middle.....for Pete's sake, somebody buy him a comb. Is there nobody today who can read faces and detect behavioural traits?

Last edited by wraymond; 9th December 2021 at 10:19..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 13:10   #184
Alikris
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Thought I'd look in on this thread. Good grief, I cannot believe people are still conversing with you on this. I honestly hope that no-one is taking your claims as the truth, because truth they are not.

Quote:
in many people the vaccines do nothing at all
Not True. If you believe it is then please provide documentary statistical evidence from a research paper which supports your claim.

Quote:
no-one with Omicron has been hospitalised anywhere yet
NOT TRUE.

Quote:
The people that had covid and carried on breathing have natural immunity, the ones that stopped breathing don't.
Are you being serious? You honestly believe that overly simplistic and just plain wrong opinion? (and that is all it is, your opinion, it is not in any way a fact).

There are many reasons for people with Covid to stop breathing, for example underlying health conditions. Degree of immunity has little if anything to do with it. I'm sorry but your statement only shows up your ignorance regarding such issues.

Quote:
a true ECG is hard to read on a teenager.
Not true. I learned to read 12 lead ECGs as part of my Paramedic training. They are not hard to read for someone who has been trained to read them. However, it is well known among medical personnel who deal with ECG's that they are not 100% accurate (for anyone of any age, not just teenagers) and should only be used as a guide. That said, in emergency medicine, they are invaluable for showing up major current issues.

Quote:
the vaccines have limited protection to offer
Then why are most people hospitalised with Covid, (and especially those in ICU) people who have not been vaccinated?

FACT: The vaccine significantly reduces your chance of being hospitalised and/or dying of Covid.

FACT: The covid vaccine is not a cure, it has never been claimed to be a cure. It has never been claimed that having the vaccine will stop anyone from being infected with Covid.

Here's an interesting fact, no-one has ever died of Covid. The vast majority of people die because they either stop breathing for some reason or their heart and/or circulation either stops working or is no longer acting efficiently enough to sustain life.

Quote:
and now there's a booster jab, to set us free for the third time. I'm sure by March 22, there'll be the fourth jab to set us free all over again.
It has almost always known that booster jabs will be necessary. No secret has ever been made about it. Indeed, when I had my second jab back in May I was discussing this very thing with the nurse.

FACT: no jab will set us free. Covid will almost certainly be with us for ever more, just like the Flu is. This is not a secret.

In virtually every post of yours I can prove that something you say or believe is false and can be proven to be false.

Frankly, I'm surprised the forum moderators continue to allow you to spout your lies, mistruths etc. I sincerely hope that people take your posts with a large pinch of salt. As always, when someone makes claims, research that claim before believing it.

Of course you have an answer to that . . you don't believe official statistics. Therefore although I can prove you are wrong on many many of your beliefs, you won't believe me because you don't believe the proof.

In honestly don't see any difference between you and people who believe the world is flat or that Trump won the US election etc. It would not in the least surprise me to learn that, given your 'beliefs' you are a member of, for example, Qanon. Many of your beliefs about Covid are shared with such groups and are often put forward as arguments against being vaccinated, including delusions that for some reason or other you are miraculously 'immune'.

FACT: Those who refuse to get vaccinated are more likely to end up in hospital using up a valuable bed that could otherwise be used for someone who has a serious medical issue. Tell me, if one of your relatives needed hospitalisation for, say, heart issues, how would they feel if they were told there wasn't any beds available because they were being taken up by selfish people who refused to get jabbed? And yes, refusing to be jabbed is an extremly selfish thing to do, as is not wearing masks in public enclosed spaces.

I'm not going to look into this thread again for ages because discussing things with you serves no purpose, you believe what you believe, even it's provably wrong. You just continue to argue your opinions and present them as fact when they are nothing of the sort.

And no, I've not given any references to provide proof for the facts I have stated, mainly because you refuse to believe facts, you've said as much yourself. So it would be pointless for me to do so. However, any intelligent person can easily find the proof if they wish. For those unable to research facts for themselves I can provide links if required.

Ali.
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 10th December 2021 at 14:16..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 16:20   #185
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikris View Post
Thought I'd look in on this thread. Good grief, I cannot believe people are still conversing with you on this. I honestly hope that no-one is taking your claims as the truth, because truth they are not.

Not True. If you believe it is then please provide documentary statistical evidence from a research paper which supports your claim.

NOT TRUE.

Are you being serious? You honestly believe that overly simplistic and just plain wrong opinion? (and that is all it is, your opinion, it is not in any way a fact).

There are many reasons for people with Covid to stop breathing, for example underlying health conditions. Degree of immunity has little if anything to do with it. I'm sorry but your statement only shows up your ignorance regarding such issues.

Not true. I learned to read 12 lead ECGs as part of my Paramedic training. They are not hard to read for someone who has been trained to read them. However, it is well known among medical personnel who deal with ECG's that they are not 100% accurate (for anyone of any age, not just teenagers) and should only be used as a guide. That said, in emergency medicine, they are invaluable for showing up major current issues.

Then why are most people hospitalised with Covid, (and especially those in ICU) people who have not been vaccinated?

FACT: The vaccine significantly reduces your chance of being hospitalised and/or dying of Covid.

FACT: The covid vaccine is not a cure, it has never been claimed to be a cure. It has never been claimed that having the vaccine will stop anyone from being infected with Covid.

Here's an interesting fact, no-one has ever died of Covid. The vast majority of people die because they either stop breathing for some reason or their heart and/or circulation either stops working or is no longer acting efficiently enough to sustain life.

It has almost always known that booster jabs will be necessary. No secret has ever been made about it. Indeed, when I had my second jab back in May I was discussing this very thing with the nurse.

FACT: no jab will set us free. Covid will almost certainly be with us for ever more, just like the Flu is. This is not a secret.

In virtually every post of yours I can prove that something you say or believe is false and can be proven to be false.

Frankly, I'm surprised the forum moderators continue to allow you to spout your lies, mistruths etc. I sincerely hope that people take your posts with a large pinch of salt. As always, when someone makes claims, research that claim before believing it.

Of course you have an answer to that . . you don't believe official statistics. Therefore although I can prove you are wrong on many many of your beliefs, you won't believe me because you don't believe the proof.

In honestly don't see any difference between you and people who believe the world is flat or that Trump won the US election etc. It would not in the least surprise me to learn that, given your 'beliefs' you are a member of, for example, Qanon. Many of your beliefs about Covid are shared with such groups and are often put forward as arguments against being vaccinated, including delusions that for some reason or other you are miraculously 'immune'.

FACT: Those who refuse to get vaccinated are more likely to end up in hospital using up a valuable bed that could otherwise be used for someone who has a serious medical issue. Tell me, if one of your relatives needed hospitalisation for, say, heart issues, how would they feel if they were told there wasn't any beds available because they were being taken up by selfish people who refused to get jabbed? And yes, refusing to be jabbed is an extremly selfish thing to do, as is not wearing masks in public enclosed spaces.

I'm not going to look into this thread again for ages because discussing things with you serves no purpose, you believe what you believe, even it's provably wrong. You just continue to argue your opinions and present them as fact when they are nothing of the sort.

And no, I've not given any references to provide proof for the facts I have stated, mainly because you refuse to believe facts, you've said as much yourself. So it would be pointless for me to do so. However, any intelligent person can easily find the proof if they wish. For those unable to research facts for themselves I can provide links if required.

Ali.
Hear hear!
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 16:30   #186
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:

NOT TRUE.

Ali.
I have kept out of this thread for similar reasons. I retired from the NHS as a registered nurse NHS, Medi-Vacs/air ambulance and after retirement from the NHS, I worked as a Registered Care Manager in Hackney running a care home, so I know what you write about. During the years I have been visiting the forum, these sort of threads appear from time to time with arm chair amateur experts throwing in their ten penny worth. During Brexit it was much worse with some of the arguements becoming personal and hateful, some of the instigators were banned. The king of copy and paste is no longer here. Ultimately the moderators/directors clamped down closing all political posts. This thread is nowhere near that, although I did see a comment made about a fat controller not by you and thought if this relates to a club member, how unnecessary and insensitive.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 17:28   #187
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:

NOT TRUE.

Ali.

I agree with everything you say here. However, I would add that a person being convinced he/she is right whilst being wrong is not an uncommon occurrence and one could argue it is the person's right to remain in this state provided it does not lead to interfering with others' rights.

There is a danger that once we start to mandate vaccinations regardless of whether a person wishes to have one or not it will take us down a very dangerous path. Your post #24 when you spoke about rights etc. was in my view passionate and sincere but fundamentally wrong from the perspective of individual rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
........During the years I have been visiting the forum, these sort of threads appear from time to time with arm chair amateur experts throwing in their ten penny worth. During Brexit it was much worse with some of the arguements becoming personal and hateful, some of the instigators were banned. The king of copy and paste is no longer here. Ultimately the moderators/directors clamped down closing all political posts. This thread is nowhere near that, although I did see a comment made about a fat controller not by you and thought if this relates to a club member, how unnecessary and insensitive.

Phil - I do not remember such occurrences!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 17:54   #188
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

YOUR STATEMENT. Thought I'd look in on this thread. Good grief, I cannot believe people are still conversing with you on this. I honestly hope that no-one is taking your claims as the truth, because truth they are not.

MY ANSWER. Of course it's because you've got some medical training, your truth must be correct at all times, why wouldn't it be?

Quote:
in many people the vaccines do nothing at all

MY ANSWER. See picture 1, a random grab from a site, there's loads of them but, I'm wrong and your truth must prevail.

Quote:
no-one with Omicron has been hospitalised anywhere yet
NOT TRUE.

MY ANSWER. Earlier today before you edited your post, you Quoted a 1 in 43 figure by the CDC. Why did you edit it to just say NOT TRUE? I saw it before the edit, now it's gone. (edit, as of today 11th December, there's around 300 in hospital with Omicron in South Africa)

Quote:
The people that had covid and carried on breathing have natural immunity, the ones that stopped breathing don't.

YOUR STATEMENT. Are you being serious? You honestly believe that overly simplistic and just plain wrong opinion? (and that is all it is, your opinion, it is not in any way a fact).

MY ANSWER. It's called sarcasm, referring to people that died, they stopped breathing and no longer have anything at all. If they recovered, they have natural immunity, FACT.

Quote:
a true ECG is hard to read on a teenager.

YOUR STATEMENT. Not true. I learned to read 12 lead ECGs as part of my Paramedic training. They are not hard to read for someone who has been trained to read them. However, it is well known among medical personnel who deal with ECG's that they are not 100% accurate (for anyone of any age, not just teenagers) and should only be used as a guide. That said, in emergency medicine, they are invaluable for showing up major current issues.

MY ANSWER. See picture 2, You can't all be right and her credentials must be better than yours. There's also lots of info out there about these issues. I've had many 12 lead ECG's and catheter ablation twice, a Medtronic Loop Recorder in my chest wall for 27 months, I reckon I have enough understanding about an ECG and what it says. I was living under a cloud with an Arrhythmia that took almost 11 years of my life by the end of treatment. I learned how to build computers in less than six months, can you guess what I learned about heart problems in 11 years.

Quote:

the vaccines have limited protection to offer

MY ANSWER. We get back to my distrust of official figures here, until there's full disclosure about every aspect of covid, I'll keep an open mind. The vaccines don't seem to work for long, do they?

YOUR STATEMENT. FACT: The vaccine significantly reduces your chance of being hospitalised and/or dying of Covid.

MY ANSWER. Not really, vaccinated people are just as likely to fall ill with covid, many have died as vaccinated but, not of covid, your truth states that no-one has died of it if you read what you've written just under this...

YOUR STATEMENT. FACT: The covid vaccine is not a cure, it has never been claimed to be a cure. It has never been claimed that having the vaccine will stop anyone from being infected with Covid.

MY ANSWER. I never thought it was a cure, just disappointed that it doesn't work better.

YOUR STATEMENT. Here's an interesting fact, no-one has ever died of Covid. The vast majority of people die because they either stop breathing for some reason or their heart and/or circulation either stops working or is no longer acting efficiently enough to sustain life.

Quote:
Now there's a booster jab, to set us free for the third time. I'm sure by March 22, there'll be the fourth jab to set us free all over again.

YOUR STATEMENT. It has almost always known that booster jabs will be necessary. No secret has ever been made about it. Indeed, when I had my second jab back in May I was discussing this very thing with the nurse.

MY ANSWER. A nice play with words here, when the vaccines were rolled out with that wonderful % figure of success, no-one thought there would be any more jabs, people got them to get back to normal, I know many that will not go for the 3rd jab, your wording, `almost always known` you mean after it was realised that they don't do what was claimed at the outset of the programme.

MY ANSWER. You might be good but, you're not that good, you have no idea if a better vaccine will come along or if covid will die out like the original Sars did 17 years ago.

YOUR STATEMENT. In virtually every post of yours I can prove that something you say or believe is false and can be proven to be false.

Frankly, I'm surprised the forum moderators continue to allow you to spout your lies, non truths etc. I sincerely hope that people take your posts with a large pinch of salt. As always, when someone makes claims, research that claim before believing it.

MY ANSWER. I take great offence at you calling me a liar.

YOUR STATEMENT. Of course you have an answer to that . . you don't believe official statistics. Therefore although I can prove you are wrong on many many of your beliefs, you won't believe me because you don't believe the proof.

MY ANSWERS. I didn't back Trump, I don't like him, I'm also not anti vax, I just don't need the jabs. I've stated I have natural immunity, not that I'm immune, maybe it's your glasses.

FACT: Those who refuse to get vaccinated are more likely to end up in hospital using up a valuable bed that could otherwise be used for someone who has a serious medical issue. Tell me, if one of your relatives needed hospitalisation for, say, heart issues, how would they feel if they were told there wasn't any beds available because they were being taken up by selfish people who refused to get jabbed? And yes, refusing to be jabbed is an extremely selfish thing to do, as is not wearing masks in public enclosed spaces.

MY ANSWER. I suggest you have words with the many in the NHS that you accuse of being selfish that won't take the jabs, see if they share your views. The fact is, and this is a real fact, the jabs are personal choice and to force them on people is a breach of many laws. If any of my relatives went into hospital with a heart issue, I'd be concerned if they were put into a dedicated covid ward, wouldn't you? The masks are a joke, most of them are useless and a distraction today from Christmas parties that didn't happen.

YOUR STATEMENT. I'm not going to look into this thread again for ages because discussing things with you serves no purpose, you believe what you believe, even it's provably wrong. You just continue to argue your opinions and present them as fact when they are nothing of the sort.

MY CONCLUSION. Must try harder, I refuse to believe half a story and of course, natural immunity is part of the full story but the pages of that story are missing. I'm not going to find out what happens until the pages are put in to the story.

I hope I've got most of your typo's corrected, you really must get some new glasses. I'm waiting for eye surgery, that's my get out.

YOUR NAME.
Ali.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211210_180015.jpg (67.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20211210_175751.jpg (74.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Saga Lout; 11th December 2021 at 20:37..
Old 10th December 2021, 18:04   #189
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
The people that had covid and carried on breathing have natural immunity, the ones that stopped breathing don't. It's no contradiction, if you had it and recovered you're better placed than any vaccinated person, If you didn't recover you don't care either way. I never said people didn't die from covid. I don't get what you're trying to say, please correct me where you think I'm wrong.
I cant find you post but you said something along the lines of "your" immune system steps up and does not wane. I challenged both points. You are now saying that people can die from covid, this implies to me that "your" immune" has not stepped up to keep "you" safe. This is where I think there is a contradiction.

If media reports are to be believed people are falling ill and dying from covid and those that risk their lives believing their immune system will keep them safe or covid does not exist are either brave or stupid. I struggle to believe covid does not exist, I cannot imagine that the media would not have blown the whistle on the hoax. How serious would it be if I caught covid, I don't know but I'm not brave enough to chance catching it without having been vaccinated.

whilst I think everyone that can be should be vaccinated, I also believe that is is everyone's choice and existing care workers should not be forced by law to be jabbed.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 19:01   #190
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I cant find you post but you said something along the lines of "your" immune system steps up and does not wane. I challenged both points. You are now saying that people can die from covid, this implies to me that "your" immune" has not stepped up to keep "you" safe. This is where I think there is a contradiction.

If media reports are to be believed people are falling ill and dying from covid and those that risk their lives believing their immune system will keep them safe or covid does not exist are either brave or stupid. I struggle to believe covid does not exist, I cannot imagine that the media would not have blown the whistle on the hoax. How serious would it be if I caught covid, I don't know but I'm not brave enough to chance catching it without having been vaccinated.

whilst I think everyone that can be should be vaccinated, I also believe that is is everyone's choice and existing care workers should not be forced by law to be jabbed.

macafee2
Believe me, Covid does exist and I never want to feel so Ill again, I don't support those idiots that think it's a made up illness. I know people who have had it twice naturally, the second time was just mediocre cold symptoms. I've had a genuine cold this week since Sunday, the covid damage done to my breathing has been evident this week but I'm almost through it. I've just seen on channel 4 news that Pfizer has made 36 billion Dollars from the vaccine this year, estimated to rise to 50 billion next year, would you make it better or keep it as it is based on those figures. There's no incentive for the companies to find a real cure, too much money in these vaccines. I've yet to see a report of someone with natural immunity dying from covid but, I've seen many vaccinated people reportedly dying from it, so yes, it does kill people. I'm not a denier of covid, just the propaganda put out by governments, not one of them will tell the truth.

Last edited by Saga Lout; 10th December 2021 at 20:24..