Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st November 2021, 20:37   #31
bluebird
Passed Away

Trophy Blue ZT T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
You have to subscribe to trikey's pension fund!

I think your original post is a good one!

U mean his hob nob fund lol
Old 22nd November 2021, 09:28   #32
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
U mean his hob nob fund lol

Yep - that is the sort of fund holding I had in mind.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:48   #33
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

The key to this oft repeated debate is surely in the stats. As I type there are only eight (paid up) members but some 83 guests reading this Technical Forum. As I've said before - and shouted down - I think we're being taken for mugs - but it ain't my forum.
Old 23rd November 2021, 06:56   #34
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
The key to this oft repeated debate is surely in the stats. As I type there are only eight (paid up) members but some 83 guests reading this Technical Forum. As I've said before - and shouted down - I think we're being taken for mugs - but it ain't my forum.
Ive been a paid up member but no longer have a MGZT or R75. If the club was losing money I agree but the ethos of the club is to help one another and a tax for people to read some posts goes against the grain. If they were to pay where would the money go to and how would every paid up member equally benefit more than they do now? Ive been on many car forums looking for advise and Ive never been denied access to helpful posts that have been of great help to me. It does make me chuckle when a new member alone has suggested this where as members who have paid year on year have not! He may well get fed up of his "new" car in the near future and after successfully changing how the subs are paid etc vanish off the sight of the earth!
Just saying like..........

Last edited by coab; 23rd November 2021 at 06:58..
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 10:27   #35
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
. . . If they were to pay where would the money go to. . .
Before I acquired the V6 I ran a Stag and belonged to the Stag Owners Club - £32 annual sub. You had a printed mag that I personally found of little use, but I think much of the subs had accumulated over the years to finance the production of parts and panels that had become unobtainable. OK the Stag is a much older marque but from memory only some 26000 had left Coventry but the SOC claimed that more Stags were still runners, or SORN, (6000) than any other classic car.

There may well be plenty of R75 scrap parts around now but this won't be the situation for ever, and if this club is to remain a viable support would it not make sense to follow some of the same course?

Even club stalwarts like say Arctic, Big Russ, SD1, Trikey etc and etc just possibly may not be immortal and where will we be without 'em?
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:15   #36
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Green View Post
Hi Ian. I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough about the Club to give specifics, I would be prepared to leave that to those better placed.
I was really just pointing out the incredible and vast amount of expert advice and solutions available at such a small price. I know that helping each other out is what the Club is about and there are numerous examples in many threads. I've been really impressed by the amount of parts you've supplied f.o.c from your donor car. But I digress. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more.
The value of this club is nothing to do with the £10 subscription. It is all to do with the members. Over the many years that I've driven a 75, I've had a few problems. A short question results in a bucket load of knowledge and experience from people with an interest. £10 may not be much to you, but for some of us it is several meals. What would members gain by increasing the subs? For instance, I joined the IAM in 1989. The subscription was fair and it was for drivers. Over the years the subscription increased by huge amounts and it changed from being for drivers to a political campaigning group. They even got rid of the driver fora. Result? I saved my money and left the group.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:19   #37
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

A well argued, balanced view, I agree 100%
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:21   #38
Lincoln Green
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon manual

Hi coab and Polinsteve
Well at least it made you chuckle and I promise not to get fed up with my "new" car as I had one for 5 years before this which,rather than scrap, I donated to a Club member. I don't want any other car. If money was no object I'd buy the best one I could find.
I'm not worried about benefiting equally or in personal gain, I just thought a Club like this could always find a good use for a bit more cash. Miss Moppet seems to have some good ideas.
As I've mentioned previously, nothing compulsory. Perhaps an opt in or out PM to subscribers. Until then I have and will use the donate button
as often as my universal credit allows.
Cheers Guys
Pete.
Lincoln Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:46   #39
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polinsteve View Post
£10 may not be much to you, but for some of us it is several meals.
Wow really? several meals You can do my housekeeping too if you only pay that sort of money

Getting back on topic, I belong to several owners clubs and the subscriptions range from £25 to £35. For that I get access to club forums (some of which are very quiet and others only accessible to paid members i.e. no free content) the occasional newsletter and some club discounts. The main benefit being the opportunity to meet up with fellow owners and seek help with technical issues etc. Some are asking what does this clubs £10 subscriptions pay for? I confess I haven't a clue on the full costs of running this club but someone must be paying for the servers to support and maintain this forum which is openly free to all and sundry in the world. Then there must be some form of insurance and other costs for Club organised events such as the Nationals as well as outlay for items for the club shop (although that is recouped by sales eventually). And I'm sure there are other hidden costs just to maintain the current status quo. Its an absolute bargain but surely not sustainable in the long run if membership numbers slowly diminish as the number of Rovers/ZTs get fewer and fewer. This is imho one of the best club forums anywhere on the net and I for one would not object to a small increase in subs or indeed a revamp of the forum into two parts - one general open to all and one only for subscribers. This would be in line with most other clubs.

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2021, 23:48   #40
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
Wow really? several meals You can do my housekeeping too if you only pay that sort of money

Getting back on topic, I belong to several owners clubs and the subscriptions range from £25 to £35. For that I get access to club forums (some of which are very quiet and others only accessible to paid members i.e. no free content) the occasional newsletter and some club discounts. The main benefit being the opportunity to meet up with fellow owners and seek help with technical issues etc. Some are asking what does this clubs £10 subscriptions pay for? I confess I haven't a clue on the full costs of running this club but someone must be paying for the servers to support and maintain this forum which is openly free to all and sundry in the world. Then there must be some form of insurance and other costs for Club organised events such as the Nationals as well as outlay for items for the club shop (although that is recouped by sales eventually). And I'm sure there are other hidden costs just to maintain the current status quo. Its an absolute bargain but surely not sustainable in the long run if membership numbers slowly diminish as the number of Rovers/ZTs get fewer and fewer.
Quote:
This is imho one of the best club forums anywhere on the net
and I for one would not object to a small increase in subs or indeed a revamp of the forum into two parts - one general open to all and one only for subscribers. This would be in line with most other clubs.
Hi Paul.
It is one of the best on the net, because of it's members and owners whom share their knowledge for free, and want to help each other, that help should be for all walks of life even those whom cannot afford to pay the subs.

I note that the OP stated he will donate as often as his universal credit allows him too, personally i would say the club does not need donations to keep running therefore his money will serve him and his family better, but that is a decision only he can make.

If anyone feels that they need to subscribe to gain access the willing shared knowledge from the Rover 75 car owners, please do not as it is available on other forums as well, as 99% of those that share that knowledge are also member of the other clubs so most if not all the how too's are repeated on the other forums, which are not hard to find and are also free no subscription but do have a donation button which can be used if you feel you wanted too.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote