Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th October 2021, 06:51   #31
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
No problem Bob, need to ask Dawn first, is the yellow one up and running yet.

Rev.
She starts and ticks over ok. But I have lost my confidence to drive her anywhere.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2021, 17:11   #32
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Today I took Strawberry on her first long round trip to the Simply Smart Car day out at Beaulieu. Met up with a fellow Smart Car owner at Exeter services and we convoyed to the show. By the time we got to the event there was further 10 cars with us.
Over 300 cars attended with some odd creations including a Supermarine Spitfire limited edition 1 of 3 produced.
We was the only Pink car there. We got a lot of attention.

So we covered a round trip of 308 miles, the radio stopped working. But other than that the car behaved itself.
Photo’s to follow.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 7th November 2021, 18:01   #33
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default smart car

My daughter had a serious accident in one of those, hit from behind going round a roundabout, car rolled and she had serious damage to her hand from the sunroof, this after a previous accident when the car was written off after slipping on ice going through a tree and also hospital visit, unfortunately her boss repaired it and that resulted in the really bad accident. Took 10 years to fix her hand, but never right.

Think you extremely brave but will stick to the 75, however would be good to see pics from your meet.

cheers and hope to see ou at next meet.
Old 17th November 2021, 21:36   #34
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Booked Strawberry into the Smart garage to have some work done as I had decided to keep the car, well that was the idea. Booked in for Tuesday 16th. Got in and started it up but couldn’t select reverse, in fact couldn’t select any gears. Turned it off and tried again. Tried a further 4 attempts but nothing happened.

Phoned the garage and spoke to the boss, Chris. He said it was the foot brake switch sticking. The gearbox “thinks” that you haven’t put you foot on the brake before selecting a gear. Chris told me to pump the pedal hard to get it to work. Nothing.
Turned it off and tried to lift the pedal up with my foot. Started it back up, but still no joy.

Turned it off and went indoors to look for some matches, I felt like setting light to it. Came out and tried once more. And we got reverse. Reversed out and moved the gearstick over and I got the auto box sign. Drove off to the garage.

It’s still there.

onen hag oll
Old 17th November 2021, 21:44   #35
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Cars

So sorry to hear about your car troubles Bob, you not having a lot of luck but sure they will come right.
Old 18th November 2021, 13:55   #36
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Sold it back.

Following on from the conversation I had with the garage this morning Matt is going buy Strawberry back from me. Full price as well. Even the garage said it was not economical to repair. It needs far too much. Shame really as I did like the car.

Matt said that if he had realised that there was so much wrong he wouldn’t have sold me the car in the first place. And I know Matt to be as honest as the day is long, and I thank him for giving me my money back. I’m dropping the car back with him tomorrow, Allen is going to follow me up and give me a lift home.

I’ll not bother to get another car for now. Just keep my two favourites. One for show, and one with plenty of go.

onen hag oll
Old 19th November 2021, 15:40   #37
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool The love affair……………

……………………….. is over.
Collected Strawberry from the garage this morning and took back to Matt’s, with Allen following. It was nice to that the EML had been extinguished and the ride was better. The front shock absorbers had seized but the garage had freed them up.

Matt is going to repair the car, and I expect he will end up keeping the car.

onen hag oll