Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st November 2021, 10:30   #41
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Sorry to see this Andy!

Bleedin' British weather
Old 1st November 2021, 10:52   #42
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Just noticed this thread. Can only add my hope that all ends well. you've a lot going on at the same time. I had a Clarke garage/tent which I had to modify a lot since it kept threatening to fly away in the winter storms. Oh for a nice solid structure and curses to the bad weather gods. Hope your Debs makes a good strong recovery.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2021, 12:05   #43
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Really so sorry, Andy for this lousy luck.

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2021, 14:27   #44
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Damn frustrating. See if you can find out what the wind speeds were in your area. Wife checked our insurance a week or so ago and our outbuildings are covered for wind damage above 55mph.

macafee2
That is just awful, very sorry to see that, wind damage cover from most insurance brokers is for above 55mph. I do hope you get it repaired to bring you some good cheer, I wish you well.

Last edited by grivas; 1st November 2021 at 14:34.. Reason: additional
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2021, 15:24   #45
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Commiserations on your bad luck from me too Andy. Not sure how the garage was tethered but I doubt if the oem provision for doing so is sufficient with many of these type of tent structures. Where strong winds are par for the course in parts of the world I've seen relatively small plastic greenhouses strapped down permanently with a number of strops thrown over the top and fixed to the ground with more substantial anchorage. Its what I would do maybe in except for the most sheltered of locations and for a very brief period of use. Maybe make some heavy anchor points for some slung over-the-top strops/ropes with something like postcrete.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:20   #46
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Terribly bad luck, especially for such a beautiful car, and especially when you were having a tough time already. Really hoping that the insurers will do the right thing and allow you to return the car to its former glory soon.
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:43   #47
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Commiserations on your bad luck from me too Andy. Not sure how the garage was tethered but I doubt if the oem provision for doing so is sufficient with many of these type of tent structures. Where strong winds are par for the course in parts of the world I've seen relatively small plastic greenhouses strapped down permanently with a number of strops thrown over the top and fixed to the ground with more substantial anchorage. Its what I would do maybe in except for the most sheltered of locations and for a very brief period of use. Maybe make some heavy anchor points for some slung over-the-top strops/ropes with something like postcrete.
Sadly the OEM instructions don't hold up in a UK winter storm. I had damage, but only to gardening equipment and a mower, so nothing too bad really. So I postcreted all of the four corner anchors and had to replace the wire ties provided with solid bolts which went right through the frame. Then boards clamped onto the gable ends to stop them flapping. Then we moved house and I left the tent for the new owners to deal with.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2021, 21:48   #48
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Sad to see this. The exact same thing happened to my old TF that I stored in a poly-tunnel over winter to keep the rain off. We had some particularly heavy winds one day that lifted the structure clear of its fixings, then as it came back down a bolt ran a zigzag scratch down the rear wing near the fuel cap. A lacquer repair pen helped disguise damage and fortunately the other scuffs mostly polished out.
Old 3rd November 2021, 15:20   #49
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

so sorry to hear this andy. not been on here for a few days and just read it. hope things pick up a bit from now on for you. fingers crossed....
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote