Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,447 79.77%
Linked from another website 169 9.32%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.45%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1814. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st October 2016, 01:16   #631
Lysander

None at the moment

Smile Newbie, "Lysander"

Hello,
Let me introduce myself & explain how I found this site.

I was a member some years back when I was a 75 owner. I've had 2 Rover 75 Clubs in total. A 1.8 W reg car in Dorchester Red and a 52 plate 1.8 in Dark Blue.
Between the two cars I liked the earlier model the best, it was a Cowley built car with the real Burr Walnut dash and matching accessories, steering wheel & gear knob.
They were the most comfortable & quiet cars I've ever driven.
The first blew a head gasket at 56000 miles and the second at 52000 and 80000 respectively.
After the expense of replacing 3 head gaskets plus head skimming I thought I'd have a break and bought a Toyota Avensis Diesel 2.0L.
I've had it 4 years without a problem but really miss that 75.

I'm planning to buy another 75, a Connie, even if it's just for weekends as I don't envisage doing heavy mileage in it.
I'm now retired 3 years so won't need to be using it for work. My annual mileage has dropped from 20,000plus to 7,000
I'm thinking about either a 2.0L Diesel or a 2.5 KV6 model.
I'm in no immediate rush and I want to take my time and find a decent car with service history.
Any advice on the best option would be most welcome.
I really would like to get involved with the club rallies & meet other enthusiasts.

When I was a member previously, I bought a brand new Walnut Steering Wheel through the club website & never got to fit it.
Now I'm looking for a car to fit the steering wheel!

Looking forward to talking with you guys.

Lysander
Lysander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 11:14   #632
Oldmanam

Looking to buy

Search for buying a mg zt and top of the search was a link to this website.

Looking at buying v6 mg zt.
Oldmanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 21:48   #633
leylandtrucker1

75 saloon

Default new member leylandtrucker1

good evening all, just bought my 1st 75 , 1.8 auto 54, 66000 miles. always thought the mk2 was a lovely looking car, and despite 'horror stories' was convinced to go for it by a really nice chap who ive just bought it from. must say, what an informative bunch you are so happy to pay up my £10 , first impressions -: what a quiet smooth ride, mrs loves cream leather interior, looks like plenty of room under bonnet to work, reasonable parts prices, 18 yr old step daughter and 22 yr old step son think its 'real smart', (but they used to the sXXt I normally drive). so heres to many happy miles of rovering , cheers mike scott 43, haulage contractor from sunny hull
leylandtrucker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 20:45   #634
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylandtrucker1 View Post
good evening all, just bought my 1st 75 , 1.8 auto 54, 66000 miles. always thought the mk2 was a lovely looking car, and despite 'horror stories' was convinced to go for it by a really nice chap who ive just bought it from. must say, what an informative bunch you are so happy to pay up my £10 , first impressions -: what a quiet smooth ride, mrs loves cream leather interior, looks like plenty of room under bonnet to work, reasonable parts prices, 18 yr old step daughter and 22 yr old step son think its 'real smart', (but they used to the sXXt I normally drive). so heres to many happy miles of rovering , cheers mike scott 43, haulage contractor from sunny hull

Hi Mike! Welcome to the club. It's hard to compare these cars to any other on the market. There's just something about them. Very good value for money, generally reliable and easy to maintain. Everything you'll ever need to know can be found on here either via the search facility or the very knowledgeable members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 12:20   #635
dougrayn

MG ZT

Google was my way in.
I have inherited my late brothers unloved ZT along with several sheds and garages of car stuff. I hope to be able to give the car some TLC and keep it running a bit longer!
dougrayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 20:16   #636
Bobblehead006

MG ZT

I've had a ZT 190 before. It died, but after a bad experience with a BMW that's being returned to the garage I purchased it from, I've gone back to a 190 ZT. This had the sticker for the owners club in the back so I thought game on...
Bobblehead006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 22:10   #637
Groupie Grumpy

Rover 75

Talking

I found the club after chatting to guy in my other Rover club - the RSR...

I own a lovely 1938 Rover 12 and two Range Rovers, n have always had Rovers and grown-up with them - my dad always had them too...everything from a 1921 Rover-8 thru ton's of P2's, p4's, P5B Saloons & Coupe's, P6's SD1's (even a twin Plenum Vitesse!) and various Range Rovers...so it was only natural that i'd end up with a nice '75 at some point too!!!

Regards,

Guy.
Groupie Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2016, 16:39   #638
Tony Sirett
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tour

bought a 75 and was looking for answers to the many problems it had and every time i did an internet search of the problem, the answer seemed to come up on this forum so joined the forum, liked it so paid to become a member
Tony Sirett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2016, 15:59   #639
SkunkMunkey3000
Regular poster

Rover 75

I'd decided on a 75 as I wanted something comfortable to do my weekly 150 mile round trip to the office in, needed something that was good on fuel and wanted something that was a bit different to the Mondeo's and Vectra's out there (and also needed to be pretty cheap).

I've had an MGF and a TF before so knew what I was letting myself in for, in regards to the never endinglists of niggles and MG-Rover nuances. Used to hang around on .org and my wife was one of the initial admins for the T-Bar when that branched away from .org due to the usual politics nonsense.

I read up on the 75 and kept finding myself coming here to find out things and after getting the car on Sunday I realised this seems to be the most active, friendly and helpful forum on these cars. I've not had it a week yet but members on here have already helped me out on cooling fans, bushes, window switches, fuel pumps, cruise control and probably other things I've already forgotten. After a couple of days I realised the how vital a forum this is going to be during my ownership so have paid my subscription even though almost all the information is provided for free.
SkunkMunkey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 14:34   #640
Bertiegrey

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Are you a new member to the club? How did you hear about us?
Hi Simon my long time friend Matt darke told me about the club and I've meet a few members at various car shows such as powerham castle and ugbrooke house ., Flying banana and ratty but to name a few and many other friendly members . I have just bought a mg zt of my own again thanks to Matt darke for all his help and telling me about the club and finding me my new mgzt kind regards Nathan
Bertiegrey is offline   Reply With Quote