Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th November 2014, 19:02   #1
dutch34

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default Coolant flush and refill

Hi all i have a Rover 75 1.8 turbo tourer 2002 i have had heating problems garage has quoted me £370 for fitting new themostat, flushing out system including heater matrix using flushing liquid then checking hoses and refilling system with correct anti freeze, does this sound reasonable for the work to be done many thanks.
dutch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 20:26   #2
michael peters
Regular poster

rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch34 View Post
Hi all i have a Rover 75 1.8 turbo tourer 2002 i have had heating problems garage has quoted me £370 for fitting new themostat, flushing out system including heater matrix using flushing liquid then checking hoses and refilling system with correct anti freeze, does this sound reasonable for the work to be done many thanks.
Stitched up, I would think,
michael peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 00:38   #3
andrewinpopayan
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT manual tourer SE with farkles

Botty savaged and abused, avoid

Bodges and "quick fixes" have a nasty habit of reminding you at the MOST inconvenient AND expensive time that you should have done the job properly in the first place.!
andrewinpopayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 06:57   #4
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:

they dont know the price of a flush about £60 so i think they wouldnt know how to bleed the system stay well clear of them and stat is the ptr type so about £120 all in
Old 12th November 2014, 10:26   #5
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Default 1.8t

Quote:
.. i have had heating problems garage has quoted me £370 for fitting new themostat, flushing out system including heater matrix ...
Kevin,

I responded to your earlier thread pointing out that your thermostat and heater matrix cannot be responsible for the symptoms you describe. My advice was that the cooling system should be bled according to MG Rover's procedure and that is what your garage should be doing. It ought not to take longer than an hour.

Note that if your cooling system has OAT antifreeze (pink in colour) then you should ensure that the garage uses the same. It's best to buy some yourself and supply it to them because they're very unlikely to keep it in stock. Comma G30 is widely available at motor factors.

I also asked you in your earlier thread whether sealing additives such as K-Seal have ever been put into your cooling system but you didn't answer. If they have, then there's a struggle ahead of you, and probably an expensive one too.

Simon