Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th June 2020, 23:00   #1
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Default K Series Cold Running issue

Right, at my wits end with this, but can't bring myself to go as far as replacing the engine wiring loom as I've had suggested elsewhere.

Every time when starting from cold, the car will misfire until it fully warms up. Most of the time it will start OK, and then develop sometimes to the point of stalling, however every now and then it will stumble into firing up and have a miss from the instant it starts.
The severity of symptoms isn't consistent - sometimes it will be a little fish-bite misfire, other times it will stall 3 or 4 times before it runs. Does seem to be worse in the cold/wet though. And finally, sometimes when driving it feels a bit down on power for the entirety of the trip - not enough to say there's definitely something wrong, but enough to feel like its struggling a bit. Other times once it's warm it's completely fine.

It's a 1.8 non-turbo, VVC inlet manifold and ported cylinder head but both Kmaps and DVApower have said they've never come across something like this before from the inlet/head work alone.

I've done quite a bit of diagnostics/code reading/parts cannon but I don't want to start off by listing it all in case it leads people down the wrong path/into the same trap I seem to have fallen into.

Thoughts and suggestions of what to do welcome, please!
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote