Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Humour Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st February 2017, 08:32   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Sent to me...

My mum used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread butter on bread on the same cutting board with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn't seem to get food poisoning.
Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper in a brown paper bag, not in ice pack coolers, but I can't remember getting e. Coli. Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake or at the beach instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.

We all took PE ..... And risked permanent injury with a pair of Dunlop sandshoes instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors that cost as much as a small car. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened because they tell us how much safer we are now.
We got the cane for doing something wrong at school, they used to call it discipline yet we all grew up to accept the rules and to honour & respect those older than us. We had 50 kids in our class and we all learned to read and write, do maths and spell almost all the words needed to write a grammatically correct letter.......,
FUNNY THAT!!

We all said prayers in school irrespective of our religion, sang the national anthem and no one got upset.
Staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention we wish we hadn’t got.
I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself. I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations. We weren't!!
Oh yeah ... And where was the antibiotics and sterilisation kit when I got that bee sting? Could I have been killed!

We played “King of the Hill” on piles of gravel left on vacant building sites and when we got hurt, mum pulled out the 2/6p bottle of iodine and then we got our backside spanked. Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10 day dose of antibiotics and then mum calls the lawyer to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.
To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a dysfunctional family. How could we possibly have known that?
We never needed to get into group therapy and/or anger management classes. We were obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac!
How did we ever survive?.......

233,603. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2017, 09:15   #2
Fifer
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE + 1947 Morris 8

Sad, but oh so true!
Fifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2017, 09:35   #3
Santara man
Avid contributor

2004 Rover75 Tourer

And what about your local beat policeman who knew everybody and if you were caught doing wrong would give you a clip round the head, then take you home to your mum where you got more of the same.
Cops can't do that now and the kids know that ergo no respect.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:00   #4
IverRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0ltr V6 Connoisseur SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
We got the cane for doing something wrong at school, they used to call it discipline yet we all grew up to accept the rules and to honour & respect those older than us. We had 50 kids in our class and we all learned to read and write, do maths and spell almost all the words needed to write a grammatically correct letter.......,
FUNNY THAT!!
How did we ever survive?.......
Kids now grow up learning their so called human rights before they learn how to read and write. My wife works in a school and the abuse she and other teachers get now from kids if they dare to exact any form of discipline is scary, and the parents aren't bothered. In my day, as you rightly say, you grew up with respect for others. The cane, blackboard rubber, teachers book, clip round the ear, ahhhh, the good old days haha.
50 kids in our class......yes and the one teacher. In the classes my wife dealt with in a previous infant school, 28 children, 1 teacher, 1 teachers assistant, 1-to-1 teacher(s) as required, and parents to listen to readers. REALLY!!! And the teachers unions then claim teachers have never had it so bad and need more and more money for having their workload shared around more than ever before and a 1/3 of the year off (minor rant over).

Also......growing up living with my grandparents, when the washing up was done, the same clothe was used for wiping over the worktops etc and quick rinse under the tap, and ready for next time. Didn't have to used anti-bacterial sprays then. Our immune systems developed as we grew up to deal with normal daily life. Now we are encouraged to kill off anything and everything, no wonder our bodies go into shock at the sniff of dust in the air.
IverRover is offline   Reply With Quote