Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2010, 21:33   #21
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 squadron View Post

Do you think I a little biased against football????
Yes,and i can't understand why someone would keep spamming a thread just because they have no personal interest!

It's our NATIONAL GAME get used to it

Old 28th June 2010, 21:41   #22
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Yes,and i can't understand why someone would keep spamming a thread just because they have no personal interest!

Perhaps it's because those of us with with a perfectly valid dislike or ambivalence toward the subject know how easy it is to get a rise out of some of those who profess to liking the game.

Hence, I would guess, the patently groundless accusation "keep spamming" when the person concerned has made but a single comment on the thread

I know, how about a thread based upon an anti-football theme where only those who are anti-football are safe to make posts and if anybody dares to disagree they get roundly abused

Last edited by Raistlin; 28th June 2010 at 21:44..
Old 28th June 2010, 21:47   #23
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

To be honest i hate football and think that the players are terribly overpaid........however I know that it tugs on a lot of people heartstrings and people tend to take it rather serious when people slag it off so i tend not to mention it or anything about it, but as you can see it only takes one comment and people get emotional so keep it on thread guys !
Old 28th June 2010, 21:59   #24
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Perhaps it's because those of us with with a perfectly valid dislike or ambivalence toward the subject know how easy it is to get a rise out of some of those who profess to liking the game.
Well go start your own thread then as you suggest in your final comments
I'm curious how you know who only professes to like football?Are you psychic?

Do i come onto a diesel related thread so say i would never dream of buying one.Of course not,i respect other peoples choices

And yes your right as i realised following my previous post,he has only spammed once on this thread but check out the other football related posts.

Old 28th June 2010, 22:02   #25
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:

Do i come onto a diesel related thread so say i would never dream of buying one.Of course not,i respect other peoples choices
Which is precisely what you DIDN'T do when you replied to Mike's post surely?

Quote:
And yes your right as i realised following my previous post,he has only spammed once on this thread but check out the other football related posts.
Oh well, since you seem intent on getting the thread closed. Who am I to stand in your way?

The whole point of a forum, surely, is as the Romans presumably would have wanted in their original concept, where opposing points of view were accepted to be as valid as each other?

Or maybe not?

Last edited by Raistlin; 28th June 2010 at 22:06..
Old 28th June 2010, 22:12   #26
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:

Ah yes, national game.....we do enjoy being the underdogs....because if we DO happen to win owt it is such a big surprise we remember it for oooh the next 44 years....as if it were yesterday..

Emotional subject is it? Get over yourselves...a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around in an incompetent fashion...

How can we keep it on topic? we lost.... sorry...we lost again...so the topic is an ex topic, it has ceased to be, it has fallen off its perch and no it is NOT just sleeping....

Btw...Have people taken all their flags down so they can save them ready for the next World Cup?

I like football....but take it seriously? That'd be silly...a triumph of hope over reality.... If we want to win we need to stop paying players more than a token amount for playing in the world cup, it is an honour and a privilege not a chance to make money at the expense of poor suckers taken in by the hype....oops..there I go again...
Old 28th June 2010, 22:47   #27
Wolves 75
I really should get out more.......

75 connoisseur SE CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 squadron View Post
Thank goodness it's all over for England. Now perhaps we can all get back to normallity. The hipe that football causes is pathetic that 22 supposedly grown men [or are they still children without a brain] kicking a bladder about a field and when they get a goal jump for joy [thats what they get paid to do] and then they hug and kiss each other! For god sake it's obscene. If I jumped for joy, hugged and kissed my mates everytime I did my job correctly I would be locked up as being insane!!!!!
Get a life lets face it football is over-rated, turn all the football grounds into speedway stadiums and lets see some REAL exciting entertainment.
Do you think I a little biased against football????

And lets ban Christmas and kill 3 legged puppy's,
Personally I like the world cup, I don't personally like the Speedway, but I would not comment on Speedway being Pathetic just to get a rise out of people, it seems to be getting more and more regular that people are trying to get an argument going, since the problems on the site,

Old 28th June 2010, 22:47   #28
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Which is precisely what you DIDN'T do when you replied to Mike's post surely?
Check the OP's subject for the thread,it was his anaylisis of yesterdays crucial game.Not to open a debate as to who does and does not like football or whether they are all whinging overpaid primadonnas

Quote:

Oh well, since you seem intent on getting the thread closed. Who am I to stand in your way?
Now why would i want this thread closed Surely that's your paranoia.

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 28th June 2010 at 22:55..
Old 28th June 2010, 23:05   #29
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

It could be worse, we could be arguing about flags....
Old 29th June 2010, 14:52   #30
lightpainter
Posted a thing or two

2004 Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Conn SE Auto

Oxo's new cubes have a silver foil wrapping with a red cross on them to commemorate England's showing at the World Cup. It is called the laughing stock.I'll get me coat.......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread