Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th August 2014, 09:47   #31
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default The Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
(edit: sorry Julian, sign should read "..He said"!) Was a really good turnout - well done and thanks to Yeti. Next time I'll make sure I can hang around for a little longer - might even bring some Werthers Originals for Vinnie, just to bring out the inner Rover in him!

A few quick pics from the day - didn't get all the cars, so apologies to those I missed.

Cliff

You need to bring soft sweeties for Yeti cos! he had problems chewing his dinner at The Star yesterday shame really??? LOL!

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 10:22   #32
Yeti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT190+, MG ZT-T Diesel

Default The Star, Leatherhead. August 17th

Hi Phil, re your question about Z-Carz GB, we only allow people who own MG ZR, ZS, ZT and ZTTs to join our club for two very important reasons.
Firstly, we started this club for the promotion of this section of the MG marque as felt it was left wanting in the face of so many other sections of the marque or the Rover of the MGR seem to have. The fact that we have over 80 members in two months seems to bear that point out.
Secondly, as well as being a member of The 75 and ZT Owners Club, I have good dealings with them and accepting Rovers would put us in direct competition with them (which I do not want), whereas just the MG side plus the ZR and ZS doesn't. I am sorry if this offends anyone, but this club was set up to run alongside the owners club not compete with it, hence the joint meetings I host. Any Rover owners are welcome to come to our meetings at The Star because it is a joint club meet, however Z-Carz GB will stay strictly with MG owners.
I am glad that Jessica and yourself had a good time yesterday, as did everyone else judging by the feedback. I have changed our date to the 2nd Sun of the month, because the Halfway House meet is the 3rd Sun of the month, and didn't want to clash. Hope to see you again shortly

Last edited by Yeti; 18th August 2014 at 10:34..
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 11:05   #33
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Well despite some sulmmer type showers or mizzle as we west contry types call it we had a good time, the banter regarding 75's was as acute as usual bu;t all in good humour you should have told me you like werthers yeti as i had a box of werthers sugar free caramel coffee ones in my pocket LOL. As to photos I did take some but as so many excellent ones have been posted I wont bother to put mine up as they are all excellent.

I have now problem being the 'guest' of another club despite the ribbing I get from yeti I am always made welcome, just as I am at the Halfway House meets I go to both, meets to meet people I regard as friends regardless of what car they have at least two at HH drive audi's Gatekeeper will know who I mean.
When I organize a meet I do make it clear that all MGR derivatives are welcome to come the more the merrier I say. The cars are a vanishing breed & we should support each other in keeping therm on the road as long as we can sermon over.

Well from darkest north, london farewell and hope to see you at the Ely on the 31st as andy deserves the support of all of us who have benefitted from his help on many occasions
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 11:52   #34
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
Hi Phil, re your question about Z-Carz GB, we only allow people who own MG ZR, ZS, ZT and ZTTs to join our club for two very important reasons.
Firstly, we started this club for the promotion of this section of the MG marque as felt it was left wanting in the face of so many other sections of the marque or the Rover of the MGR seem to have. The fact that we have over 80 members in two months seems to bear that point out.
Secondly, as well as being a member of The 75 and ZT Owners Club, I have good dealings with them and accepting Rovers would put us in direct competition with them (which I do not want), whereas just the MG side plus the ZR and ZS doesn't. I am sorry if this offends anyone, but this club was set up to run alongside the owners club not compete with it, hence the joint meetings I host. Any Rover owners are welcome to come to our meetings at The Star because it is a joint club meet, however Z-Carz GB will stay strictly with MG owners.
I am glad that Jessica and yourself had a good time yesterday, as did everyone else judging by the feedback. I have changed our date to the 2nd Sun of the month, because the Halfway House meet is the 3rd Sun of the month, and didn't want to clash. Hope to see you again shortly
On second thoughts Vinnie, I am quite relieved not to be a member of the Z-Cars GB group. There is nothing wrong with it, but as I am a member of MG South East, The Enthusiasts Club, The 75 Community, The Everything Rover Club and The Breakfast and Food Club, lastly but not least, the 75 and ZT Club, I have more than enough to keep me going.

I am not offended by your rules Vinnie, which I respect. Clearly you have direction and leading a new club requires a strong and flexible personality in my humble opinion. I wish you every success with this in the future I like your strategy in making sure the dates do not clash with Halfway House, so I will do my best to attend the meets at The Star when ever it is possible.

Thanks for clearing up those points, even though I can't became a member, as it would leave me feel like a watered down malt Oh we'll, rules are rules You might not have seen it Vinnie, Christopher posted up yesterday that he has bought himself a Trophy Blue. I suggest you invite him to join your club

In passing comment, I see no reason why the Z-carz GB group can't get along with Rover 75 crowd who are as enthusiastic as I am, without having the need to be elitist or competitive. Cheers they are all a great bunch of lads and lasses. One example of this was when we saw yesterday Ed very kindly helping out Col G with his T4 skills I had better not bore the pants off you anymore and will pause .....p.s above all else don't take me too seriously

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 18th August 2014 at 16:31..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 13:06   #35
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
........Cliff, keep the Werthers old man sweets mate as I am diabetic lol.....
Doh - foiled again!

Take care mate.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 01:05   #36
Yeti
Posted a thing or two

Cliff, you coming to The Star on the 14th?
Old 22nd August 2014, 08:38   #37
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Think I said at the last meet but woof and me will e attending on the 14th, he may be a rover but he has heart of a lion lol seriously though I enjoyed our last meet with some old friends and meeting new ones was nice too.
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:35   #38
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Cliff, you coming to The Star on the 14th?
Hope to be there - yes.

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 19:26   #39
Yeti
Posted a thing or two

Can this thread now be locked as out of date. I would have said deleted, but it has our photos on which I would like kept