Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th November 2006, 09:04   #1
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Default SMC Trading

Hello everyone!

Now this is not a blatant plug, just a bit of feedback following an earlier thread on the door mirror covers being sold by SMC Trading on fleaBay. We've all heard the horror stories about spivs ripping people off on there, so I thought I would say something positive for once.

I had a look through their listing on the site and ordered a pair of bullet covers for my Mk1 in Midnight Blue (as coincidentally my car is that very colour). Two days later the covers arrived, in their original Rover boxes taped together to make postage easier, snuggled up in bubblewrap. Popping outside the paint match was spot-on. Well it blimmin well should be seeing as they are MGR parts but paint can still change shade slightly between batches so it pays to check anyway. And both items were spotless, flawless, perfectly finished. The price was a very reasonable £4.99 each and the postage £3.00 on top, about right after Royal Mail's recent changes.

So thanks to SMC for the covers and if you are thinking of a new set, do bear them in mind. They do chrome ones too which I may get for alternative use.

Cheers,

Pete
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote