Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th September 2010, 14:09   #21
gavcar

MG ZT CDTI

Hi Victor
I have pm you
gavcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 17:53   #22
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I'm one of the ones watching this thread from a distance with some interest. I'm not really satisfied with the Hi-line Nav system I have, it is not very user friendly and its addresses database isn't a patch on my old Garmin Quest which not only takes me to the street, but usually right to the correct door/house number.

I appreciate it can use which ever mapping system you install in it, but is the IGO system better?

Are these units delivered from a UK address or sent out directly from China which I assume will attract some payment on delivery - if the later, how much is this likely to be?

I hear it is a straight swap for the Hi-line, but I don't really see how it can be - the radio antenna feed will need to be extended from the boot to the unit and I would assume the GPS antenna too?

The Hi-line nav system makes use of the speedo feed and has (I believe) an accelerometer to help it keep track of its location, when it looses the GPS signal - does this unit have something similar?

I am also not that impressed with my Hi-line + HK sound system when compared with my last car's (Ford) system. Is this (hopefully) better?
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 18:41   #23
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hello Harry
Welcome to our thread
The IGO system is better and I call on other members to qualify that further

They are generally sent from China Direct to you but we do it in such a way that there are zero taxes. We have sent about 140 Units to the UK in the last 6-7 months and no one has paid taxes. Or additional costs.
We have a UK repair/return depot should there be a defect that has to be addressed. And we have a special warranty for forum members where we cover the costs and get a new one to you fast. We have had to us this only 3 times so far.

The Unit comes with its own GPS Antenna but you are correct regarding the Radio Antenna in most Hi Lines. The IGO program has Speed camera warnings but does not show a speedometer on the screen if that is what you mean ?

Your sound will improve according all members. This unit has an Output of 240 Watts , 4 channels

I am sure others will add to this

Cheers
Sean (RadioGuy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I'm one of the ones watching this thread from a distance with some interest. I'm not really satisfied with the Hi-line Nav system I have, it is not very user friendly and its addresses database isn't a patch on my old Garmin Quest which not only takes me to the street, but usually right to the correct door/house number.

I appreciate it can use which ever mapping system you install in it, but is the IGO system better?

Are these units delivered from a UK address or sent out directly from China which I assume will attract some payment on delivery - if the later, how much is this likely to be?

I hear it is a straight swap for the Hi-line, but I don't really see how it can be - the radio antenna feed will need to be extended from the boot to the unit and I would assume the GPS antenna too?

The Hi-line nav system makes use of the speedo feed and has (I believe) an accelerometer to help it keep track of its location, when it looses the GPS signal - does this unit have something similar?

I am also not that impressed with my Hi-line + HK sound system when compared with my last car's (Ford) system. Is this (hopefully) better?
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 18:57   #24
oldyellow
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Installed my unit today and i'm well impressed but 2 things are puzzling me. Is it possible to set the gps units to miles instead of kms and should the brightness dim when the lights are switched on?
oldyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 18:57   #25
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hello Harry
The IGO program has Speed camera warnings but does not show a speedometer on the screen if that is what you mean ?

Your sound will improve according all members. This unit has an Output of 240 Watts , 4 channels
No, not the speedo on the screen - The hi-line sat nav is able to continue navigating and showing you where you are on the map, even whilst you have no GPS reception whilst in a tunnel. It uses some sort of sensor from the speedo combined with some sort of accelerometer to make a guess where it is, when GPS is lost. Not by any means a sticking point.

240w sounds like a useful output :-)

So assuming the other problems are resolved - I hope hope to be ordering one soon.

Thanks for your hard in this and quick responces to questions.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 20:08   #26
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Harry,

Hopefully I will have mine soon, so if you want to see on in before you take the plunge let me know...I am just down the M1 in Barnsley..

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 20:37   #27
Brooley

ROVER 75 1.8 CONNOISSEUR SE AUTO

Default Ice

Hi Radioguy, I have just joined the 75 club, upgraded from a 420 GSI. Am really interested in one of these units. Don't know if I am being a bit thick but can't find where I can actually purchase one, please help lol

Regards
Steve
(Brooley)
Brooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 20:39   #28
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooley View Post
Hi Radioguy, I have just joined the 75 club, upgraded from a 420 GSI. Am really interested in one of these units. Don't know if I am being a bit thick but can't find where I can actually purchase one, please help lol

Regards
Steve
(Brooley)
WELCOME STEVE !

Finally an easy question !

You can follow this link and if you have any questions ! We are here or my email is [email protected]

http://www.autogpsdvds.com/index.php...tegory&path=48

Cheers !

Sean
RadioGuy
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 09:51   #29
oldyellow
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavcar View Post
Hi Victor
I have pm you
Hi Gavin sorry but didn't get anything
oldyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 13:23   #30
gavcar

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellow View Post
Hi Gavin sorry but didn't get anything
Hi Victor

Just to answer your 2 issues

You can change miles/Km press settings and then regional when in igo

I never noticed before, but yes the display does dim slightly when lights are turned on
gavcar is offline   Reply With Quote