Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th December 2014, 23:28   #121
rathlindri
Loves to post

2004 MG ZT CDTi 135+ saloon

Whoever buys the diesel will be getting probably one of the most mechanically sorted examples on the road. A credit to you Jim. Really enjoyed following the story and admiring your work. Thanks!
rathlindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2014, 17:45   #122
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Been to my local breakers today and picked up a pair of front wings in very good condition, so as soon as the new car is up & running I will get the work done.

I also picked up a fuel filler flap to replace the dented one and an eyebrow for the dash as when I fitted the sat nav. I permanently wired it and fitted the sat nav. onto the radio plate which involved cutting the centre of the eyebrow.

I may let the car go with the sat nav in it as the new one has already got one as standard fit.

On top of the two wing for the diesel I also picked up a Wedgewood one for the N/S of the V6.
When it was fitted at the factory the stud securing the front bumper to the wing was not entered into the nylon nut but alongside it into the metal.
This has caused the wing to rust away just at the nylon nut mounting hole with a small rust area the result.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 21:33   #123
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Had the XF one week now and loving every minute. Some of the toys would really appeal to you guys on the 75's
It has powerfold mirrors as standard but they also are self dimming at night and dip when reverse gear is selected. The memory seat system also powers the steering column to the set driver and goes to full up when you open the door to allow max room for exit.
A couple of little gripes though is I cant' spin the steering with one finger as comfortable because of the wheel design and you have to switch the ignition on to view the clock, but hey that's nothing.
The extra power being a 3.0 is phenomenal and fuel consumption is pretty good at just over 30mpg so far.
Here's a shot of the line up taken earlier this week.

~original

Today was a rather sad day as I transferred the insurance and plates over to the XF. I had been running it on the cherished plate supplied with the car and Jaguars' 7 day courtesy insurance.
But before that I took the old girl for what will be its' final official drive gave her some diesel then back home.
She's now sitting on her original plates from new SA02 ASO.
It's a bit frosty just now but as soon as possible I will get the new wings fitted and also the new drop links before preparation for sale.

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 16:35..
Old 23rd March 2015, 20:39   #124
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Wow ! how time flies, cant believe spring is just around the corner.

Well the 75 diesel is now sold and it's new owner lives in Cumbria.
It was really sad to see it going but you can't keep good things forever.

We're really enjoying the XF with all that extra power but I just can't seem to stop comparing it with the 75's and believe me there's a lot of the 75 features that are much better than the Jaguar.
For example there's more storage space around the dash for that bag of sweeties or the house keys, the fuel consumption readings can be read at the same time as trip distance but not on the Jag, even the outside temp disappears when using the sat nav and the time clock, well you have to have the ignition on to read this whereas it's there all the time on the 75.

I could go on and on, however there's no doubt the XF does have a more appealing presence to it and now that I have the tow bar fitted, completely concealed when not in use so much better than the 75 here I'm now looking forward to getting it hitched up to the caravan and get away for a nice break.

I still cherish my V6 even though it is on SORN , I spent a whole day last week claying and polishing it and I have a new N/S wing to go on it as there is a rust spot where the factory badly fitted the screw going up into the front bumper, missing the plastic fixing nut entirely which caused some corrosion. It's the only bit of corrosion on the bodywork and to see it sitting in the driveway alongside the XF it's hard to imagine they're a decade apart in age.

The V6 was listed as having four previous keepers from new but looking through all my receipts I could only see two and counting the fact that it was dealer registered that made three.
So as I was requesting a search from DVLA on the Jags' history I also applied for one on the V6. It only costs £5 per car and it's really worth it as I have just received the full history on my V6 all fourteen pages of it.

The car built on 07/02/02 was actually registered by MG Rover Group on 23/09/02 and disposed on 13/03/03. It was then registered by the Main dealer The Park Automobile Co. on 29/07/03 and disposed on 19/08/03 so I can only assume that this was the actual date the first lady owner took possession of the car as I have the original invoice dated 08/08/03 when it was purchased with only 7 miles on the clock.

I have previously noted that this car lay unsold on the main dealers premises for almost 18 months. I did not know until now that it was registered by both MG Rover Group , then the Main Dealer in East Kilbride Scotland.

I have owned it since Feb 2011 when it had just 36k on the clock and it now stands at 50k.
Final note on the paperwork from DVLA ;
It states "Date of Expiry of vehicle tax. 31/12/2049 "

Hmm! that will save me a bob or two.
Old 11th September 2015, 23:07   #125
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Update

Like my last post "How time flies" since then my old diesel has moved on again to another keeper in the Stockton on Tees area.

He made contact with me just after purchasing the car from Grandad Les but I've not heard from him since but I do believe he spends some time abroad.

I've been so busy this summer with work at home, I repaired my broken garden fence and it required 13 new posts along with around 60 new lengths of timber. I decided to paint all this with two coats of fence life and ended up using "wait for this" 90 litres of paint.

I had to go into hospital for an operation to remove the paintbrush from my hand

On top of this I have been renovating my father-in-laws house for re sale as he passed away in January, he was 92. Rip Bill

Finally this week I have managed to get two new tyres fitted for my V6 and very soon (I hope) I will be ordering all the bits I need for a cam belt change.
I really could do with having the car on the road as with all the running about I'm doing the missus is left at home with no car.

In between we have been getting a few holidays both abroad Malta and Italy and a few weeks away with the caravan.

The Jaguar XF is doing fine but the missus commented just last week when I had to drop the rear seats down to fit in the wheels for the 75's new tyres the road noise was awful compared to the 75. I will have to do some research to rectify this possibly doing a similar job to my V6 where I fitted loads of extra insulation to the boot area.

Meantime I just can't wait to get a drive in the 75 again.
Watch this space
Old 17th October 2015, 21:33   #126
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Well it's going to be next year before I get that drive in the 75 again.

We had some bad news in the family, so the missus has been spending some time with her sister and I've been busy carrying out some work on her fathers house as he passed away in January and we will be selling his house.
We've put the caravan holidays on hold for now but at least this has given me just enough time to squeeze in some work on the V6.
I've prepared it for cam belt replacement right down to removing the old belts. I've started to clean everything up in readiness for the rebuild and will be ordering some new parts next week. I'm going to replace the water pump, auxiliary belt and anything else it requires. It also now requires a new battery as the original one has just packed up after 13 years "they don't make em last anymore"
I've also decided to do a similar job to the rear suspension that I did with our diesel a couple of years back although not with new springs as the car doesn't need them.

Hopefully by the spring It will be ready for action again as this year I've even been using the bus to allow the missus use of her Jaguar.

As I said before "watch this space"
Old 10th November 2015, 22:11   #127
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I'm afraid everything's at a standstill on the car front.
Sadly we lost another member of the family so I've simply not had time to get onto the V6.
I do have all the parts now required and hopefully before Christmas I will have the car mobile, believe me I could be doing with it just now as I'm now down to using the bus to travel to and from my late father-in-laws house to carry out some necessary remedial work in order to sell the house.
It's a heck of a work involved and sometimes I wonder if we should just have sold it the way it was and let the new owners do the work, after all I'm now officially retired passing my 65th birthday just last week.

More and more I just cannot wait to get back into my lovely V6 and get out there for some pleasure.
Old 12th November 2015, 17:29   #128
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Jim hope your well, I hate to see threads where people have taken the time to type up stories and no-one replies.

im sorry to hear of the losses in your family and I hope you get everything sorted soon.

Take care and will hopefully catch up with you at the next Gretna meet
Old 13th November 2015, 23:19   #129
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Thanks Thomas It doesn't' bother me too much not getting replies but at least my post is there for interested parties to see.

By that I mean it is impossible to enter into every post as I find, but just "skim" over them and hit one which stands out.

I like to keep this post running giving "interested parties" an update on my sole remaining 75
I do miss not driving it but at the moment I'm just too busy fixing up Mary's fathers house.
I fully intend to have it back on the road by next spring so keep looking in.

Jim
Old 19th November 2015, 23:38   #130
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I'm praying for a dry day tomorrow (doubtful) as I'm having a day of "rest" from the house repairs.
The missus is spending the day with her sister so at the very least I will get the parts washed. I may even get some of the belts done as the engine is stripped right down and ready.