Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th March 2015, 17:26   #21
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berty Jones View Post
I don't see why anyone would ever say bad things about someone else's car. Surely we are al here because we love these fine cars? If people choose to customise their car, wouldn't that be entirely up to them? They aren't doing anything wrong, and certainly the fitting of DRLs wouldn't affect anyone in any way.

As a side note, I am sure I read that our cars were fitted with the facility of DRLs, which is activated by some sort of computer? T something (can't remember, sorry). Am I correct in this, and instead of fitting aftermarket ones, wouldn't it be better to use this option?
A T4 can be used to allow "Scandinavian" running lights, which is headlights on a la Volvo
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 17:27   #22
Berty Jones
Banned

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
A T4 can be used to allow "Scandinavian" running lights, which is headlights on a la Volvo
Ah right. Thanks for that Suzublu. I wasn't sure how they worked. Thank you.
Berty Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 17:28   #23
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berty Jones View Post
Ah right. Thanks for that Suzublu. I wasn't sure how they worked. Thank you.
Another local,
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 17:48   #24
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Hi chad sorry you feel like this as others have said its your car so your choice really have a rethink about not going to Sherwood as this looks again its going to be a great meet as again (all thanks to mark ) I know you enjoy meets as ive spoke to you at thybrygh why don't you pop down on sat to the Yorkshire meet as I know you'll be made most welcome I hope you have a change of heart chad were not all bad
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 17:58   #25
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

That's sad news to read that you will not be attending any more meets because of the comments made by others. We are all different and like different things in life. Our cars were produced with numerous different colours to suit our individual tastes .Some people like cars to stay original others don't . Just imagine going to a Zt/75 meet and every car looked exactly the same and had the same engine spec ect with no individual touches to them. I would be bored in 5 minutes of being there !! Stuff what anybody thinks about your lights. I personally like them and obviously you do too. That's all that matters buddy. You've got a fantastic looking car and it would be a great shame not to show it off to others. If people don't agree with any of your mods and are rude and disrespectful towards you then stuff them.
Go and enjoy yourself Chad at the meet as your car will be admired by many good fellow enthusiasts around you .
Take care
Johnny
Old 18th March 2015, 18:03   #26
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

I can only echo what others have said. It is your car and if there are those out there who can't accept your individuality for what it is then stuff em! We are all unique, and what I like may not be to others taste or preference, but I accept that there are people who like what they do to their cars and that is that. Nils illegitimus carborundum.
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 18:06   #27
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo65 View Post
Hi chad sorry you feel like this as others have said its your car so your choice really have a rethink about not going to Sherwood as this looks again its going to be a great meet as again (all thanks to mark ) I know you enjoy meets as ive spoke to you at thybrygh why don't you pop down on sat to the Yorkshire meet as I know you'll be made most welcome I hope you have a change of heart chad were not all bad
Agree with you totally Rich (and thanks for the kind comments) I for one will certainly admire your car Chad, as I know how much you look after it and the nice little touches you have done.
I know you will be made most welcome at Thrybergh as Rich says, and you will certainly made welcome at Sherwood.
Again, I have not took you off the list just yet, in the hope you will have a change of heart, if not mate, just contact me and I can take you off the list (or just leave it open).
Old 18th March 2015, 18:12   #28
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Sticks & stones and all that.
I wouldn't let it put me off & don't let it put you off either.
As already said everyone is unique and like different things on there cars whether it's the colour or engine type.
I probably have things on my car some members don't like or wouldn't agree with but who cares not me I suppose if there talking about me they are leaving someone else alone.
Old 18th March 2015, 18:14   #29
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

There you go Chad.
From the above posts you will have a fantastic day out with some real good friends around you. I really do hope you go and have great time and put the negative minority of nasty comments behind you in the bin.
Johnny
Old 18th March 2015, 18:30   #30
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

I have 4 DRL's on both of my cars, I do not have them because I am trying to look like a beemer, I do not have them because I want to look like a boy racer...

I have them because I think they look ****ing brilliant and I could not give a flying monkeys about any other ******* comments to the contrary..

Plus I do actually think they help you get noticed a fraction of a second sooner by other car users... little bit safer

But mostly because they look the muts nutz

have em and enjoyem.