Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th March 2015, 11:39   #1
Grumpy1
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 2.5 2001 Royal Blue Connoissuer Auto Saloon

Default Controversy over after market DRLs.

I noticed an old thread was revived yesterday about the fitting of after market DRLs. Some of you may remember a thread I started after I fitted some last year. This almost started World War 3! There was much animosity towards them, some replies being quite unpleasant, negative and very opinionated. At my time of life I really don't need this sort of controversy so I have decided not to attend any more club meets. Which is a shame, because I was going to put my name down for the Yorkshire meet this weekend were I was going to give away a mk1 meshed grille complete with a Viking badge. Never mind, I'll keep it as a spare in case the one on my car ever gets damaged.

If you see this Mark2000cc, will you please remove my name from the Sherwood Forest meet in September.

Chad.

Oh no! Not DRLs! Yes, I can open the bonnet.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 11:49   #2
Neil1

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
I noticed an old thread was revived yesterday about the fitting of after market DRLs. Some of you may remember a thread I started after I fitted some last year. This almost started World War 3! There was much animosity towards them, some replies being quite unpleasant, negative and very opinionated. At my time of life I really don't need this sort of controversy so I have decided not to attend any more club meets. Which is a shame, because I was going to put my name down for the Yorkshire meet this weekend were I was going to give away a mk1 meshed grille complete with a Viking badge. Never mind, I'll keep it as a spare in case the one on my car ever gets damaged.

If you see this Mark2000cc, will you please remove my name from the Sherwood Forest meet in September.

Chad.
That's a shame!

I wouldn't let what other people think of DRL's fitted to put me off, it's your car at the end of the day.

I've been looking at the ones from Osram which are fog and DRL's incorporated because my car doesn't have any fog lights fitted.

I'm not a purist and have upset so many people over the years with some of the changes that I have made to my cars that I just don't care what others think anymore.

Some liked what I did while others didn't.

The standard Rover 75/MG ZT can have so many options fitted that no two cars are ever the same and I think we all like to tinker to some degree.

I say go to the Show's and show off your pride and joy because I would very much like to see it!
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 19:36   #3
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

[QUOTE=Neil1;1951226]That's a shame!

I wouldn't let what other people think of DRL's fitted to put me off, it's your car at the end of the day.

I've been looking at the ones from Osram which are fog and DRL's incorporated because my car doesn't have any fog lights fitted.

I like the look of those Osram fog / DRLs but at £349???

What brand of aftermarket DRLs are people fitting? Some of the obviously cheap makes do look dim / fall off / stop working and generally look **** IMHO however the better quality ones are definitely a decent bit of kit.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 19:56   #4
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

I can supply these
Fitting service as well.
Www.klarzy-dials.com

Look under angel eyes.
Old 18th March 2015, 19:57   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post
I can supply these
Fitting service as well.
Www.klarzy - dials.com

Look under angel eyes.
Business must be really slow, a plug in every thread going
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 20:00   #6
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Offering services to help members get what they may want. Isn't that why I pay my 240.00 a year ?

Old 18th March 2015, 20:01   #7
Spike
Posted a thing or two

Spike, Burt & Daisy

Quote:
Faint hearts never won fair maidens! Er... Or something...
Old 18th March 2015, 22:59   #8
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
A truly disgraceful response from a moderator and if you don't like what I'm saying ban me. You've already got my £10 and Klarzy's £240, so nothing to lose except your self respect.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 20:01   #9
ninaandphil
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

I replaced my fogs with Ring DRL's long ago, quality product and no issues.... In my opinion they look very tidy, and as it's my car, it's my opinion that counts :-)
ninaandphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 21:57   #10
RogerHeinz57

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

This member is very passionate over the car he owns drives and clearly enjoys!
The site does harbour several regular critical contributers, who seem to be aroused by the idea of making a fellow member feel bad about his car. There has been a recent level of bitchyness which has caused problems for the club at most levels, and there have been casualties. I have fallen a number of times when criticised for either advice or parts made available to help other members, this almost led to my departure from this club at the beginning of this year! I took some time out, made a few decisions, and remained here. We have to accept that as this is a club that relies on the written statement rather than face to face conversations, sometimes things go wrong due to either wrong perceptions or in some cases, the critic is not too well blessed in writing something constructive or useful, this seems to be common these days! We have so much technology to communicate compared to years ago, but we still cant communicate with the use of manners or feeling. The conflicts are hardly done in a manly fashion either ! They hide at home on their PC and do it, I was accused of being a mass homosexual hater a while back, it was not brought to the air by face to face conversation, it went on here instead of speaking to me directly after I made a silly choice of phrase. Now that issue got tidied up in a mature decent manner, apologies were made for offending each other (If we really did) and all is well.

My car is no peach, but it is something that has generated levels of interest far above my expectations. Its a R 75 on the outside, and an MGZT inside, sounds silly and probably is, but it is exactly how I want it.

My thoughts are with you on how bad you are feeling, but don't worry about the critics, they are too simple to recognise efforts made by passionate owners to achieve their desired specifications!
Please do the meet, you know you want to as do all of the other attendees.
Enjoy your car and day out please, regards John H.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote