Notices

Old 13th January 2015, 22:27   #101
rosephus
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 CDTi 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
They look like the best of pals as well
She keeps him in his place when required.
rosephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 22:28   #102
rosephus
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 CDTi 135+

This is them just now! Both fast asleep! :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1421191671828.jpg (131.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 13th January 2015, 22:29   #103
rosephus
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 CDTi 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefro View Post
She keeps him in his place when required.
He has a lot of energy!
Old 23rd January 2015, 21:31   #104
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Default Sorry Geoff, No pussycats for us this time..

As per title really, After being without the patter of tiny paws for a few months and me now being at home all day we decided to hunt out a dog.

After a few meetings and disappointments, tomorrow I am off to sunny Colchester to pick up this bundle of fluff (but not a little bundle). His name is Marley and he's a 2yr old bear headed American Akita, grown up with kids around (6 at one point). He's only been with his current family a week, but tbh they messed up as they have a male Akita already and you don't put boys with boys. I expect it to be hard going initially but hopefully after a few weeks they'll be one more permanent member to the Richardson household.

He's a little underweight atm at 100Lbs so we'll have to get him fed up a little, but you can see his size next to the washing machine. Kids love him already and they only met him for 30 mins

I'll try for a better pic tomorrow if he lets me

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..

Last edited by whitevanman; 25th January 2015 at 16:17..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 22:24   #105
rosephus
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 CDTi 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
As per title really, After being without the patter of tiny paws for a few months and me now being at home all day we decided to hunt out a dog.

After a few meetings and disappointments, tomorrow I am off to sunny Colchester to pick up this bundle of fluff (but not a little bundle). His name is Marley and he's a 2yr old bear headed American Akita, grown up with kids around (6 at one point). He's only been with his current family a week, but tbh they messed up as they have a male Akita already and you don't put boys with boys. I expect it to be hard going initially but hopefully after a few weeks they'll be one more permanent member to the Richardson household.

He's a little underweight atm at 100Lbs so we'll have to get him fed up a little, but you can see his size next to the washing machine. Kids love him already and they only met him for 30 mins

I'll try for a better pic tomorrow if he lets me
He is very cute! Monster appetite.
Old 24th January 2015, 06:52   #106
whitevanman
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefro View Post
He is very cute! Monster appetite.
Not that terrible all things considered, the other one eats 15kg of dried every six weeks and it costs roughly £45 if you get the 15kg bags. Plus obviously the treats etc.

I said the the wife & kids if you want him it'll be Maccy D's & a meal out every month not every fortnight like now and they said ok. Whether that happens of course is another issue

This chap will defo be insured though, after spending nigh on £800 on Marco the moggy only for him to have to be put to sleep due to something else three months later was somewhat of a kick in the teeth, Especially as he was only 2yrs old.

Agreed, Super cute he is

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
Old 24th January 2015, 07:47   #107
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

He looks lovely Steve,

I'm sure he will be a welcome addition to the family

Lots more photos when he's home please
Old 25th January 2015, 16:28   #108
whitevanman
This is my second home

Here you go Geoff, A couple from home and one from our walk at Maldon prom this morning. Someone commented that he looked like he'd been part of our family forever as he was so at ease with us, When I told them we got him yesterday they couldn't believe it..

Luckily he doesn't fit on the sofa..

Sitting with Hayley

With Sydney, Georgia & I. T'was interesting, pulls like a 'sterd and wants to play with smaller dogs (He was brought up with one) and argue with bigger ones , so head collar & training to be done..

Think it would have been cheaper to insure & feed a ZT260 tbh

Old 25th January 2015, 16:31   #109
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
Here you go Geoff, A couple from home and one from our walk at Maldon prom this morning. Someone commented that he looked like he'd been part of our family forever as he was so at ease with us, When I told them we got him yesterday they couldn't believe it..

Luckily he doesn't fit on the sofa..

Sitting with Hayley

With Sydney, Georgia & I. T'was interesting, pulls like a 'sterd and wants to play with smaller dogs (He was brought up with one) and argue with bigger ones , so head collar & training to be done..

Think it would have been cheaper to insure & feed a ZT260 tbh
He's georgous Steve
Looks like he has well and truly landed on his feet with his new family
Old 25th January 2015, 16:46   #110
whitevanman
This is my second home

Cheers Jeff, He's obviously been trained well in the home, doesn't beg or hover when you have food etc.

This was him earlier as I was dishing up a full on roast dinner, Only problem atm is that his sin bin cage takes up so much room, but I don't think we'll ever have to use it tbh so we'll put it away soon..This was also before we'd given him his dinner so I would have expected him to be making a nuisance of himself really