Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Market
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th February 2012, 19:11   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Vfr 750 fv

Not a car!

I'm now selling up everything bike-ish and looking for an offer of around £2000 for the entire lot - I'm now giving up bikes, it has done less and less mileage as the years have passed, so now is the time to pass this on.

A Honda VFR 750 FV 1997, one of the final VFR 750's Honda built and generally regarded as the best of the VFR's. Cam driven gears and pretty much bullet proof unit, a very torqy V4 OHV. 6 gears, but the torque and speed range of the V4 gives you three usable gears at almost any speed.

The only minor regular issue on this model was the rectifier / regulator unit, which Honda mounted adjacent to the hot exhaust and with no heat sink. I devised an heatsink to keep it cool, added some ducted cool air from the front and added a voltage and temperature monitor system to keep an eye on how effective my modifications were.

The above monitor was added temporarily 12000 miles, looks tatty, so now can safely be removed - now I have proven my my modifications work

23,203 miles in metallic green. MOT until 25th March, but will have a fresh ticket on it. Presently sorned for the winter.

Fitted with a fancy remote alarm system, which allows you to start the bike from quite a distance and also stop it / immobilise it - if you left the key in and someone tried to ride off on it. Makes a speech announcement if the bike is touched, triggers the alarm if the bike is is further interfered with. If you loose the bike in a car park, it has a button to get the system to bleep and flash the lights to help you find it again. Remote works for >200yds.

Automatic rain sensing electronic pumped chain oiler, pic microprocessor controlled, no over oiling, it puts oil on the chain based on distance covered and weather conditions - no crud sprayed onto the back wheel, comes with spare supply of oil. Chain is original and has never needed adjustment mostly due to the oiler working so well.

Fitted with LED digital gear indicator. Bike was better than showroom when I bought it and had never been out in the wet until I bought it.

New battery, new tyres.

Comes with Oxford Oximiser battery charger.

Fitted with Wingrack II, plus Kappa hard luggage side luggage, plus set of as new Oxford Sports Lifetime soft throw over luggage and tank bag, plus a second tank bag. The panel thingummy which covers the pillion seat, comes with it - not fitted at the moment due to Wingrack.

Garmin Quest watertight Satnav, wired in to run from bike's 12v via a bracket on the headstock, plus a hidden ciggy lighter outlet to charge a phone. This can also be run on its internal rechargeable battery, so you can use it for walking too. This has been adapted so it has an audio output for helmet earphones.

Includes cheap set of helmet intercoms.

Two full sets of water proof fabric armoured clothing, one almost new, one well worn - but still very usable, plus three helmets (no I only have the one head). 2 or 3 pairs of gloves, 2 or 3 pairs of boots, plus one light rain suit unused, in case you get caught out. Basically all you might need to get two of you on the road. Includes a set of waterproof maps of the UK. One waterproof rain cover for bike.

Fitted with bar risers, to ease your back and shoulders on the longer runs.

New spare air filter.

I have modified the original rectifier/regulator to improve its cooling with a proper heatsink and ducted air - this was the only regular issue with this bike. I also added a temperature and voltage display, to help keep an eye on the R/R's temperature and the charge.

When I bought it, it was in better than showroom, now it looks carefully used, but still in absolutely brilliant condition for its age. Bike has been garaged all of its life, but has been caught out in the weather a few times on the road.

The side fairing panels were damaged when the bike fell off its side stand a while ago, scratching the paintwork of the side fairing panels on both sides. These have now been repaired at great expense and bike is now as good as new.

Comes with Hugger for the rear wheel, but this was never fitted.

Home made, in stainless steel, fork lift type bike lift. This winches the bike up to a comfortable working height, but only gives good access to one side of the bike at a time.

A spare, but rather tatty single bubble screen - I bought it as a second hand spare, but when it was delivered I found it to be quite badly surface scratched - I may get around to polishing the scratches out. The one fitted is a double bubble type, with a slight repaired crack in it.

Comes with both ignition keys, both alarm remotes and both Kappa luggage keys and a big grin when you press the alarm remote to start the bike from a discrete distance

Will come with one DIY modified saddle, to reduce the saddle height a bit, plus the original saddle which is pristine.

Haynes manual + original user manual plus original tool kit, plus history.

Set of waterproof UK maps.

Chain riveter kit, used once, but never on this bike.

Morgan 4x channel Carburetter balancer.

Padlock and chain, never used, plus probably other items not yet thought of.

Bike has absolutely no issues and has been serviced regularly.

A perfect long distance high speed sports tourer.

Located 8 miles east of Leeds, if anyone is interested.

Below - Satnav, monitor for R/R voltage and temperature on top of dash, with above that the monitoring LED's for the chain oiler system.

LED Gear indicator just to left of ignition key. Bar risers shown in above photo.

You can just see the added heatsink for the R/R peeping out under the cover at the bottom, to its left is the chain oil tank and to the left of that is the alarm system. Under the other side of the cover is the (top of photo) is the control system for the chain oiler.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 3rd March 2012 at 09:38..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 20:12   #2
Stephen Palmer
Regular poster

MGZT-T

You have a PM
Stephen Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 21:00   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Palmer View Post
You have a PM
You have a reply

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 2nd March 2012, 22:49   #4
James_Death
Gets stuck in

EX.2001 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.0, CDT,155 Brake, BRG

Sounds a good deal of kit there, im in leeds Tomorrow that been saturday doing a wet sanding course...

However my BMW R1100R has been off the road for 2 years so i shouldnt...
Pics would help if the other member does not pursue a purchase.
James_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 09:21   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Death View Post
Sounds a good deal of kit there, im in leeds Tomorrow that been saturday doing a wet sanding course...

However my BMW R1100R has been off the road for 2 years so i shouldnt...
Pics would help if the other member does not pursue a purchase.
You have PM, if you want to take a look at it while you are here?

Yes there is rather a lot of kit included both on it and with it - I want to try to have it all go as one sale if possible. Some photos added.

Old 12th March 2012, 17:04   #6
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Bump!

The weathers picking up and no serious offers to buy it as yet.

Old 24th March 2012, 09:09   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Bump!

19 degrees expected today

Old 26th March 2012, 09:35   #8
Cliff Fearn
Regular poster

2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE CDTi

Bike looks great mate! I've got a CBR600f the same year, fantastic machines. Unfortunately I've got no more space for bikes (11 at last count ) or else a sports tourer like this would be high on my list.

All the best with the sale!

Clifford
Old 26th March 2012, 10:04   #9
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Bump!

The weathers picking up and no serious offers to buy it as yet.
The reason it's not sold, is that it's simply too much money!

As nice as Bike as it is, you have to bear in mind, that not everyone will want the accessories on it, Green is not everyone's 1st colour choice and that it's still a 15 year old Bike and you're asking retail money for it!

£2,000 in the current market place, will buy you a very nice 800 FY or F1!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 15:55   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
The reason it's not sold, is that it's simply too much money!

As nice as Bike as it is, you have to bear in mind, that not everyone will want the accessories on it, Green is not everyone's 1st colour choice and that it's still a 15 year old Bike and you're asking retail money for it!

£2,000 in the current market place, will buy you a very nice 800 FY or F1!
Bikes sell on mileage and condition, rather than age and the 750 has a much better reputation than the 800.