Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th September 2019, 11:43   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Preparing for a wee trip..............

...................................... in Banana tomorrow up to London. Had no plans to travel up this side of Christmas but I have a special event to go to. Going to a surprise birthday party for a very special friend of mine, Steve. He emigrated out to Australia with his Mum, Dad, brother and sister over 60 years ago. He has been back only once, and that was for a funeral of his mother and father who were both killed in horrendous accident in Oz. His parents wish was to be buried back in the UK. Saw him then for only a few hours.

We’ve kept in touch over the years with Birthday and Xmas cards. We tried the web cam but I kept getting it wrong. Spoke on the phone at various times. He phoned me on the day I got married to Val, and phoned again when she passed away.

Both his daughters live and work here. And his brother and sister returned here.
Steve is divorced but has a new lady in his life.
In the same accident that killed his Mum and Dad Steve suffered serious injuries which paralysed him from the neck down, over the years he gradually got the feelings back in his lower body and eventually was able to walk again.
But he was warned that he may become paralysed again, and that has now happened. He is now confirmed to a wheel chair.

So been getting Banana ready for the trip up. Oil, water, tyres checked and the screen wash topped up. Tank of Banana juice put in.
Be staying at Michaels for a few days. Hoping to see my god daughter on Saturday morning, she lives up in Earls Colne near Colchester. Then drive back to go to the party in the evening.
Sunday morning will see us attending the Ugly Duckling breakfast meet.
Sunday afternoon we will be travelling over to Kent to see my friends. We need to finalise their trip to me in October, plus I need to pick up a spare bed.

Not sure quite what is happening Monday. Might get to see my niece, if she is not working. If not, I might try and get to see Steve again for a chat over memory lane. Or failing that then a day out with Michael.

The plan is to leave early tomorrow morning, by 7am. We will be travelling up via the A38-M5-M4-Car park and onto the A1.
So should you see something bright Yellow hurtling along at Warp Factor 3 don’t forget to give us a wave, toot on the hooter or flash those newly restored headlights.

I’ll keep the diary going as we have a fan club to keep informed.

Mileage reading 205,795

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 12th September 2019 at 13:33.. Reason: Mileage
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote