Old 11th November 2022, 20:13   #167211
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
It's not a treat - it's a basic essential

Absolutely I have best butter for baking but use spreadable for toast & sandwich duties

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2022, 20:19   #167212
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
That’s great news Ian that you are on the mend and you managed to walk to the corner shop, 500 yards is quite an achievement. We get the Sainsbury spreadable slightly salted 500g for £2.60, real butter would be a treat. Just had a toasted hot cross bun for tea

Thanks Phil, It just seemed to disappear mid morning so I though I'll see if I can make it to the corner shop & back without pain, I really needed the exercise & I just got the odd twinge coming back.

Yes that's a good price for the Sainsbury butter but no way am I paying £5.60 for spreadable Lurpak. I'll wait until we do the big shop. a drizzle of good olive oil will suffice until them.

Old 12th November 2022, 06:28   #167213
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all,

First again .

Off for a walk with Quizzie & Bertie in a couple of hours. It's dry and mild here so it should be a good one.

Loony & Nutter shall doubtless charge around in playful exuberance spending more time rolling over each other than actually running. Oh, what a joy to see.

Take care everyone.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2022, 06:50   #167214
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning Andy and everyone else.

Dry here today. So the cars will get washed.

But first off to the Post Office to send out another batch of calendars.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2022, 07:37   #167215
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Morning all It's dry & sunny here this morning, I might be able to get in the garden if it stays dry.

Old 12th November 2022, 09:35   #167216
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Sunny and clear blue sky at 8am but clouding over now. Fleece on indoors as I refuse to line the pockets of the energy company. Kettle is on with just enough for a drink.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk
Old 12th November 2022, 09:57   #167217
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all It's dry & sunny here this morning, I might be able to get in the garden if it stays dry.
Good morning everyone, good morning Ian,

Do take care of your back if you are gardening today. Last night I had a flare up of the back ache, hey ho! I am doing my best to follow my own advice. So won’t be able to make it to the NEC.

Last week I visited a new GP practice in order to get blood tests to monitor for kidney failure and anaemia post op. The new practice pharmacist rang yesterday and went through all of my medication to see if I am able to cut out the expensive ones and to discuss pain management. Okay, so one expensive brand was replaced with a cheaper one, fair enough.

She said if the pain gets worse I am to let them know. In the meantime she is sending a new prescription online to the pharmacy for the analgesics and regular medication to continue. Having a day off from the country walk

The kettle has only been boiled once to fill up the flasks which should last us all day, thank you Jessica for doing that and for being attentive

The forecast is 18C and sunny, mild for the time of the year.

Mind how you go …….
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2022, 10:09   #167218
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Good afternoon all.

Sorry not been on here much the last couple of days. A mixture of work, camera club committee meeting and dinner out last night at the Curry House kept me off here.

Molly is having a chilled out afternoon today

Molly by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Currently I have run out of the “thanks” quota.

Molly is certainly looking rested and content. What an impressive and natural looking photo. Please do keep posting

Jeff, absence noted, I had you down as …...Missing in action!

I want to ask you about Neutral Density filters. I don’t have any but am thinking of getting the screw in type. Have you any recommendations or preferences?
Old 12th November 2022, 10:09   #167219
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning everyone, good morning Ian,

Do take care of your back if you are gardening today. Last night I had a flare up of the back ache, hey ho! I am doing my best to follow my own advice. So won’t be able to make it to the NEC.

Last week I visited a new GP practice in order to get blood tests to monitor for kidney failure and anaemia post op. The new practice pharmacist rang yesterday and went through all of my medication to see if I am able to cut out the expensive ones and to discuss pain management. Okay, so one expensive brand was replaced with a cheaper one, fair enough.

She said if the pain gets worse I am to let them know. In the meantime she is sending a new prescription online to the pharmacy for the analgesics and regular medication to continue. Having a day off from the country walk

The kettle has only been boiled once to fill up the flasks which should last us all day, thank you Jessica for doing that and for being attentive

The forecast is 18C and sunny, mild for the time of the year.

Mind how you go …….

Morning Phil, Yes I should heed advice, The lawn is still growing & lush & green even in November, I was just doing the lawn edges with the strimmer when I felt the twinge again, I'll leave it for another time as three weeks with sciatica has been more than enough for me I don't want that back any time soon.
I got a letter from Bolton hospital urology saying Sorry my flow test & bladder scan appointment on the 17th November is cancelled

Just had another letter from them saying the urology appointment is now on the 16th November

It's clouded over here now with a high of 13C today, I might make some chicken soup later.

Old 12th November 2022, 10:53   #167220
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning Phil, Yes I should heed advice, The lawn is still growing & lush & green even in November, I was just doing the lawn edges with the strimmer when I felt the twinge again, I'll leave it for another time as three weeks with sciatica has been more than enough for me I don't want that back any time soon.
I got a letter from Bolton hospital urology saying Sorry my flow test & bladder scan appointment on the 17th November is cancelled

Just had another letter from them saying the urology appointment is now on the 16th November

It's clouded over here now with a high of 13C today, I might make some chicken soup later.
You are doing well Ian to get back on your feet again and to get another appointment for the flow test next week. It’s not a very nice test having to make your bladder hold for so long, good luck with that.

Talking of gardens

Yesterday we had photos from the tenant living in the family house on the mountain in South Africa. I have to say he is an ideal tenant who is very good with his hands, he is a builder and he loves living there because of the mountain and sea views and because where the house is, it’s on its own and it’s isolated. It’s too far up the mountain for him to be bothered by anyone.

He is into gardening and has a thing about making stripes on the lawn. He has almost finished building a very large deep pond for his collection of Koi’s.
If I get the chance I will post up a photo of the pond. We said we will reimburse him for his costs and expenses.

Chicken soup, just the ticket yum yum