Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st December 2008, 17:49   #31
Michal
Regular poster

Jaguar S-Type R

I am playing with intake mods at the moment. I bought revotec 76mm cold air feed and placed it as close to the radiator as possible. The rule is that the colder air the better. While idling, the whole duct gets quite warm, however after even a short run at 30mph, the whole thing gets cold.
Now I'm thinking of checking the clearance between the grille and fan as it'd be an ideal place to put air inlet. The problem is that you are only left with about 2cm of clearance, however you can always flatten the duct a bit.
Another thing is to stuck a flat shaped 200x40mm intake changing into a pipe to the place left from removing original duct.
And if you'd like to keep the stock duct, you can always remove those 3 screws, push it towards the engine and slide it back, but under this metal place that covers it. You get area of 40 square centimetres which is pretty good as even 76mm diameter duct gives you intake area of 45 square centimetres and is much more difficult to place.
Will post pictures when after the final mod has been finished.
Michal is offline   Reply With Quote