Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th March 2009, 16:59   #31
geoff11
Loves to post

ZT 260

I can remember when my 02 75 had nice velvety trim to the door seals, my zt has just plastic
geoff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 17:00   #32
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

read that with great interest,the dates helped me a lot.well done!

pab
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 17:46   #33
juzza0
Mmm Monogram

MG ZT-T++ & Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Workhorse)

Thumbs up

Excellent job Reebs

Really useful, especially with the pics.

Everything seems to fit ok with my car except the Viking logo's on the headrests... my car doesn't have them . It was registered 27/4/01 (#209999). Hope this helps.

I would love a copy of the PDF if possible too please

Justin.
Old 8th March 2009, 17:52   #34
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Thanks Russ, I don't have an exact date for the deletion of the Leather headrest logo, so that helps place it better, if others can report their build date or last VIN digits I can narrow it down further, then re-order it in the post.

Re: the seat belt finishers, it's possible, I suppose, that you car had already gone through the seat belt fitting assembly line prior to the 4th May change point, but wasn't complete and ready for delivery until the 5th June 2001, I wonder if your VIN number is higher than 218882 - the change point one for the finishers?
Vin number on mine is 217005 (pre-volume production Tourer) Built on 5th June 2001. (verified by all the QC and fitting labels)

It was sent through for remedial re-fit of heater box assembly (Fitting sticker on heater box dated 6th but dashboard fitted and QC'd on the 5th plus Vin number in marker on dash components) finally completed 6th June.
Delivered for Tourer launch end July 2001 to Dixon Rover York. First Reg 31st August.

So where this fits in I'm not sure.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 17:52   #35
Bartonrover
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT & V6 saloons in Wedgwood

Reebs - quite remarkable. Well done. Whilst it shows the desperate state they were in, I still question whether the strategy was right. Turning what was acknowledged to be a high quality vehicle into a rather more ordinary one, albeit with a lower price tag to match. I seem to recall the entire industry was under-pressure at the time to match the lower prices of continental imports. (New Labour's Rip Off Britain charges). If nothing else it would cause me to recommend a new purchaser to try for an early model when a good specimen comes available.

I do recall reading that some of the pre-war MGs never made a profit because they were over-engineered to a ridiculous degree and some deletions from the original 75 spec do not cause me a problem. But removing sound-proofing from the rear parcel shelf...?!

Regarding the removal of the second layer of piping from leather seats, it had certainly gone on my 2002 Tourer but was later reinstated - I thought with the launch of the facelifts? Can't believed it saved anything really and as you say, was probably the result of a change of supplier.
Bartonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 22:27   #36
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzza0 View Post
Excellent job Reebs

Really useful, especially with the pics.

Everything seems to fit ok with my car except the Viking logo's on the headrests... my car doesn't have them . It was registered 27/4/01 (#209999). Hope this helps.

I would love a copy of the PDF if possible too please

Justin.
Thanks Justin, with your info I've been able to relocate the date of the headrests to approx April 01. What about your key fob, does it have the Rover badge on the button, it would be good to try and place a date for that change point?
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 13:01   #37
Bartonrover
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT & V6 saloons in Wedgwood

A small "also". About the time of the move to Longbridge the leather bound service book holder, complete with embossed "Rover 75" and a Rover badge on the cover was replaced with a cheap see-thru' plastic one.

I guess the black plastic emergency ignition key was deleted about the same time.

Bartonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 13:39   #38
Jack_Cheese
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon 1.8 connoisseur SE

wow, i never realised that they changed so many things! i'll have a good look over my car tomorrow, and give you the last digits of my vin.

Cheers!
Jack_Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 15:24   #39
juzza0
Mmm Monogram

MG ZT-T++ & Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Workhorse)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Thanks Justin, with your info I've been able to relocate the date of the headrests to approx April 01. What about your key fob, does it have the Rover badge on the button, it would be good to try and place a date for that change point?
Hi Reebs,

Yes i do have the Viking logo on my key fob and the seat belt lower anchorage bolt head caps , so it looks like your spot on with those.

Just to add to Bartonrover's post about the leather service book holder, my car came with one and it looks like it had the badge one front (as this had fell off by the time i got it!) but i don't have the embossed 'Rover 75' on the inside.... which looks really cool
Old 9th March 2009, 16:05   #40
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

A very interesting and informative post Reebs. Job well done and definitely deserves to be a Sticky :lol:
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote