Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th April 2019, 22:32   #31
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

Found this fascia on amazon, seems it would be a better fit but £30 is a bit expensive so I'll take my chances with the cheaper one for now.
Born Friday, 9th April 2004 @ 09:54:49
This vehicle was the 14,388th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 2,491st ZT CDTi + (135) to be made out of 4,184
This vehicle was the 2,113th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
EdgarDonaldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2019, 00:42   #32
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

I had a look at the Amazon link fascia, it actually gives a further £6.50 or so discount when you click through. The only problem is the delivery time, as it seems to be sourced from the USA. 3 to 20 days for delivery, unless you pay a lot more

I also had a dig around and found this:

https://www.seicane.com/inch-android...-camera-s30701

which whilst not of the exact same model (is clearly an older android 6 version), if you scroll through, it does give useful information on how to install, including different car make harnesses, full wiring diagrams etc. and a lot of information besides. Pity I didn't see it before!

My unit is kind of installed now; the rear camera is wired through the car, and lights up on selecting reverse gear, but I still have to configure it on the unit as currently I don't see anything, plus of course find a suitable spot to mount it at the back of the tourer.

I'm not getting any sound on playing music from a memory stick, even though the unit can clearly see the songs, and indeed 'plays' them - but no sound! The IGO sat.nav works fine, though again I haven't as yet found out how to hear any instructions, and the bluetooth pairing to my phone works well. It will take me some time to work my way through all the features, there is an operating manual screen, but it's not that helpful.

TBH, the guy who did my installation messed up the front fascia somewhat, spilling superglue all over the front left hand plastic fascia, and the unit is not properly flush mounted either - there seems to be a lack of mounting options behind my dash... I expect when funds and time permits, I'll end up buying another fascia and tidying up the installation. As with all things in this world, you generally get what you pay for, and I struggled to find anywhere local to do the installation for me. You live and learn, and next time I will try to find a proper professional installer to get it right!

Any bright ideas on how to remove superglue gratefully received!
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2019, 12:43   #33
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

Superglue can usually be removed with a solvent, i have used electrical contact cleaner before because it was the only solvent I had to hand. you will have to be careful that what ever you use doesn't react with the plastic of the fascia though. Super glue it's self can react with some plastics too so even if you can remove it, you may still have some staining.

Based on the research I have done in the last week, The head unit should automatically switch to the reverse camera if it's been installed properly, there should be a trigger wire connected in to the back of the head unit. It seems to me that he has wired yours for power to the reverse lights but may not have connected the trigger wire to the head unit. There could be something in the settings to enable it, if it has been wired in correctly.

Are you hearing any sound at all from the unit? seems odd that it looks like it's playing music but making no sound. there could be something hidden in the android settings to set different volume per app.

If you can connect to wifi, try a different music player app and see if that makes some noise. I use Poweramp on my phone and tablet so will probably use it on the head unit too.

My head unit should hopefully arrive today so may get a chance to try it over the weekend.
This vehicle was the 2,113th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs

Last edited by EdgarDonaldBalls; 19th April 2019 at 16:58..
Old 20th April 2019, 11:48   #34
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

My head unit arrived this morning.

No instructions included, just a wiring diagram on top that doesn't really match up.

I have been able to work out that the connectors are actually standard ISO connectors and the proprietary connector for steering wheel controls and rear camera trigger has labels attached to the wires so that's easy enough.

It should just plug straight in to my car without modifying the wiring, i will have to find my steering wheel control wires though and try and undo the modifications a previous owner has made at some point but I should at least be able to get the main functions of the unit working easily.

Despite supposedly only being 176mm x 98mm, it's too big to go through the fascia adapter, both width and height, so I am going to have to trim it in both directions. I'll trim the sides first though, it may just squeeze through as the height is only very slightly off.

I won't be attempting to fit the rear camera any time soon since I have a mk2 ZT that has a big old badge plinth thing right where you would want to fit it, i may modify this at some point but I would have to destroy the badge and I don't want to do that right now. I'll maybe buy a spare one if I can find one in XPower Grey, find the perfect camera to fit it and get a new badge. I can reverse without a camera though, been doing it for years, also have parking sensors, it's like a reverse camera for bats
Old 20th April 2019, 12:16   #35
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarDonaldBalls View Post
My head unit arrived this morning.

Despite supposedly only being 176mm x 98mm, it's too big to go through the fascia adapter, both width and height, so I am going to have to trim it in both directions. I'll trim the sides first though, it may just squeeze through as the height is only very slightly off.
Good luck with the installation. I too had problems with fitting my unit through the adapter, despite the length of my unit stated as less than the adapters...maybe mm are measured differently in China, but then again, the adapter's from China as well! Curious!
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 19:41   #36
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

I have tested the stereo and it all works well although the iGo sat nav software asks for it's sdcard when I run it. I installed Navmii anyway since I have been using that on my phone for years and I know it works well enough.

I'm surprised it can connect to my wifi from where i'm parked although it does lose connection sometimes, it's good enough for the odd download and updates.

I think I'm going to have to make some kind of bracket to keep the unit in place, It doesn't seem like my usual cable tie and duct tape approach is going to be effective.

I'm having trouble identifying my steering wheel controls, I found a big black box hidden behind the dash that looks like it should be bolted to something, I think this is the IR transmitter. I have also found a small black connector with, I think, 5 wires and this seems to have the correct coloured wires for the steering wheel controls.

I may leave the steering wheel controls for now, I will probably need a multimeter to find the correct wires.