Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2017, 13:17   #11
Alikris
Gets stuck in
 
Alikris's Avatar
 
Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vindolanda, Northumberland
Posts: 521
Thanks: 105
Thanked 133 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
When you use any polishing machine with compound use plenty of water or you could soon find yourself burning the paint .
Depends on the compound. Scholl S20 Black is oil based so no water needed and it doesn't dry, it's also a diminishing compound so can be worked for a long period of time without fear of overworking an area. With the DAS 6 pro dual action Random orbital polisher it's also idiot proof because if you press too hard the pad stops spinning due to the indirect drive. There's a video online of someone using Scholl S20 Black in very hot Californian sun with the car body temp at 60 degrees C ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoVdE-IQuVQ

Quote:
Nice job, surely we are looking at the clear coat improvement as the paint is under it unlike the days of cellulose paint.
Thanks Yes, it's the clearcoat which has been corrected, there are a few scratches which have penetrated the clearcoat into the paint layer, but considering the age of the car and that it's had two previous owners it's in remarkably good condition. I did fill some scratches and lots of stone chips and door edge rash with a kit from paints4you https://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=6912 and a magnifying glass.

Ali.
__________________
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 18th August 2017 at 13:27..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 15:18   #12
Alikris
Gets stuck in
 
Alikris's Avatar
 
Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vindolanda, Northumberland
Posts: 521
Thanks: 105
Thanked 133 Times in 97 Posts
Default Fusso Coat (Body Sealant) Long Term Test

Fusso Coat (Body Sealant) Long Term Test

Since August when I did the paint correction and applied two coats of Fusso, the only product I've used on the paint is Carpro Reset maintenance shampoo. No quick detailers or anything else at all. I've washed it maybe once every three weeks to a month at most.

As anyone who knows the roads up here will tell you, they can be covered in inches of mud and muck from the fields, and goodness knows what else. Because my drive is overhung with trees, the car can also be covered in bird droppings and tree sap and we all have solid fuel stoves up here so fallout from the chimneys also covers the car. The car has also been covered in snow when we were snowed in a few weeks back and of course, road salt. So basically, since August the car has been through it all with only basic washing every few weeks.

All I can say, after 7 months is wow! The beading is almost as good as it was when I first applied the Fusso.

After washing & rinsing the car this morning:







You can see where the Fusso has failed around the windscreen washer jet due to my winter windscreen fluid containing IPA. But the failed patch is a lot smaller than it would usually be with ordinary car wax.

The most amazing thing though are the wheels. I Had DA polished the wheels and put on two coats of Fusso back in August when I did the rest of the car.. Wheel dirt and especially brake dust now just mostly rinses off. This is just after hosing the wheel, before washing . .



Honestly, most of the dirt and brake dust just rinses off. Tar spots also come off quite easily after washing with a wheel brush.

At one point over the winter, during some gales, a tarp flew in from goodness knows where and wrapped itself around the car, resulting in lots of fine scratches However, even in places where it did scratch, the Fusso is still beading just as well as everywhere else on the car.

What I've decided to do is carry on this Long Term Test until August, at which point it will have been on the car for a whole year.

I can't wait to see how the Fusso holds up for the claimed '12 months'.

Ali.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beading_1.jpg (122.3 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg beading_2.jpg (104.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg beading_3.jpg (98.2 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg Front_wheel.jpg (117.3 KB, 248 views)
__________________
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 16th March 2018 at 15:23..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alikris For This Useful Post:
Old 13th March 2018, 20:38   #13
hrissim
Gets stuck in
 
75 MK1 - 2.0 & 2.5 V6 Saloon

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Samokov
Posts: 787
Thanks: 371
Thanked 412 Times in 237 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikris View Post
Fusso Coat (Body Sealant) Long Term Test

Since August when I did the paint correction and applied two coats of Fusso, the only product I've used on the paint is Carpro Reset maintenance shampoo. No quick detailers or anything else at all. I've washed it maybe once every three weeks to a month at most.

As anyone who knows the roads up here will tell you, they can be covered in inches of mud and muck from the fields, and goodness knows what else. Because my drive is overhung with trees, the car can also be covered in bird droppings and tree sap and we all have solid fuel stoves up here so fallout from the chimneys also covers the car. The car has also been covered in snow when we were snowed in a few weeks back and of course, road salt. So basically, since August the car has been through it all with only basic washing every few weeks.

All I can say, after 7 months is wow! The beading is almost as good as it was when I first applied the Fusso.

After washing & rinsing the car this morning:
...
You can see where the Fusso has failed around the windscreen washer jet due to my winter windscreen fluid containing IPA. But the failed patch is a lot smaller than it would usually be with ordinary car wax.

The most amazing thing though are the wheels. I Had DA polished the wheels and put on two coats of Fusso back in August when I did the rest of the car.. Wheel dirt and especially brake dust now just mostly rinses off. This is just after hosing the wheel, before washing . .
...
Honestly, most of the dirt and brake dust just rinses off. Tar spots also come off quite easily after washing with a wheel brush.

At one point over the winter, during some gales, a tarp flew in from goodness knows where and wrapped itself around the car, resulting in lots of fine scratches However, even in places where it did scratch, the Fusso is still beading just as well as everywhere else on the car.

What I've decided to do is carry on this Long Term Test until August, at which point it will have been on the car for a whole year.

I can't wait to see how the Fusso holds up for the claimed '12 months'.

Ali.
Is this the product?
__________________
http://planina.e-psylon.net/images/smiles/x_croc.gif
Don`t drive faster than your guardian-angel can fly!
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 22:51   #14
ianbstag
Loves to post
 
MG ZT260 V8

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 271
Thanks: 78
Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Default

That's looking really good!

After doing a LOT of reading online, I thought I'd invest in the Meguiars Microfibre DA system to go with my DA polisher, review here:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=204105

I gave it a go, really easy to use, and I'd thoroughly recommend it to any beginner like me.

A picture of the results, not too shabby

IMAG0045_zpsq2mumqba by ian butler, on Flickr
ianbstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2018, 05:31   #15
hrissim
Gets stuck in
 
75 MK1 - 2.0 & 2.5 V6 Saloon

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Samokov
Posts: 787
Thanks: 371
Thanked 412 Times in 237 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbstag View Post
That's looking really good!

After doing a LOT of reading online, I thought I'd invest in the Meguiars Microfibre DA system to go with my DA polisher, review here:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=204105

I gave it a go, really easy to use, and I'd thoroughly recommend it to any beginner like me.

A picture of the results, not too shabby

IMAG0045_zpsq2mumqba by ian butler, on Flickr
WOW - you are able to shave yourself
__________________
http://planina.e-psylon.net/images/smiles/x_croc.gif
Don`t drive faster than your guardian-angel can fly!
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hrissim For This Useful Post:
Old 16th March 2018, 15:32   #16
Alikris
Gets stuck in
 
Alikris's Avatar
 
Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vindolanda, Northumberland
Posts: 521
Thanks: 105
Thanked 133 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrissim
Is this the product?
Yes. The light and dark versions work on any colour car.

The official UK importer is http://nipponshine.com/shop/body-sealant/879/

Personally I'd rather buy it from a genuine UK stockist such as http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan...prod_1730.html rather than a grey import from a random Hong Kong ebay seller, but each to their own. . . .

Ali.
__________________
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 16th March 2018 at 15:34..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 17:29   #17
AndyN01
Gets stuck in
 
No Rover 75 or MG ZT - Passat Estate

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 966
Thanks: 695
Thanked 445 Times in 303 Posts
Default

+1 for CleanYourCar.

I've ordered from them and always had excellent service.

Happy polishing and waxing.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2018, 17:34   #18
hrissim
Gets stuck in
 
75 MK1 - 2.0 & 2.5 V6 Saloon

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Samokov
Posts: 787
Thanks: 371
Thanked 412 Times in 237 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikris View Post
...
Personally I'd rather buy it from a genuine UK stockist such as http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan...prod_1730.html rather than a grey import from a random Hong Kong ebay seller,
...
Agree - I`m not after ~£2 difference
__________________
http://planina.e-psylon.net/images/smiles/x_croc.gif
Don`t drive faster than your guardian-angel can fly!
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2018, 20:03   #19
Alikris
Gets stuck in
 
Alikris's Avatar
 
Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vindolanda, Northumberland
Posts: 521
Thanks: 105
Thanked 133 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Fusso Coat 12 Month Test Results

It's now been 12 whole months since I did the paint correction and applied the Fusso coat. Since application I have only rinsed, washed the car with Carpro Reset shampoo and a wool mitt (one bucket method), rinsed and dried. I've not applied any other products, quick detailers etc.

Obviously the results are subjective but yes, the claim that it lasts 12 months has proven to be true. If you stretch the truth a little.

The paintwork lost its 'Teflon non-stick' ability after about 8 or 9 months. Since then it's gone downhill. But I'd say that right now it's about as good as if I'd just applied some cheap wash/wax. In other words, water is still beading although the beads are nowhere near as proud of the surface as they were and the water doesn't slide off the paintwork as well as it did. But the paintwork still looks acceptable. Over the past 3 or four months there's been a noticeable build up of contaminants on the paintwork (my hand doesn't slide as easily over the panels) and compared to how it looked 12 months ago the paint has lost some 'depth' - it's not got the mirror clear reflection it had. But even depth wise I'd say it's still as if I'd just used some cheap wash/wax. In other words, the paintwork looks acceptable, even if it no longer 'pops'.

The Fusso Coat on the wheels stopped beading completely not long after my last report in March. Until then, brake dust etc just rinsed off without even needing to use a wheel brush. So for me it lasts six months on the wheels which is still pretty good I think.

To be perfectly honest, I think if one wants to keep the paintwork 'pop' and the Teflon non stick ability then paint decontamination and reapplication of the Fusso Coat needs to be done every 7 to 8 months maximum, maybe 6 months would be best, and every 5 to 6 months on the wheels. But that said, it's still visibly working after 12 months, if only to the level of a cheap wash/wax product.

For someone like me who just wants to wash and go with little hassle, it's a great product that works really well. A 200g tin will last for many years to come and for only £22 pounds is well worth the money IMO.

Nippon Shine are the official importers to the UK. Details of Fusso Coat at their website:http://nipponshine.com/shop/body-sealant/879/

Ali.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fusso_12_months_1.jpg (143.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Fusso_12_months_2.jpg (145.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Fusso_12_months_3.jpg (131.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Vicky_Gretna_2018.jpg (134.4 KB, 24 views)
__________________
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 15th July 2018 at 20:09..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2018, 08:00   #20
AndyN01
Gets stuck in
 
No Rover 75 or MG ZT - Passat Estate

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 966
Thanks: 695
Thanked 445 Times in 303 Posts
Default

Thanks for posting.

That's still a fantastic result from a sensibly priced product.

I wonder if a quality quick detailer (QD), something like Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, (https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sonax...detailer-750ml) would keep the "non stick" topped up for very little effort? Might be worth a go?

Still looking fab.

All the best.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2019, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd