Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th May 2011, 08:24   #11
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

I am still interested

This car, unlike most "S" Reg's on the Market has a little history to it too, when I read its story, it was kind of like the Car was symbolic in Rovers demise. What I mean is, it was simply left out to be forgotten. It spent its life at the Rover factory and at the end, like so many of Rovers employees, was simply cast aside.

As lame as I probably sound, but restoring it back to its original spec, is kind of like a mark of respect for Rover the name, Car and its Employees.

Thats how I see it, thats why I work hard at keeping my 75 as pristine as possible. Well, that and the fact I love the car anyway
Old 12th May 2011, 13:51   #12
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

I'm having a service at Lates late June and should hopefully get some pics taken and posted soon after.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 17:07   #13
Rover Raver
Avid contributor

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
I am still interested

This car, unlike most "S" Reg's on the Market has a little history to it too, when I read its story, it was kind of like the Car was symbolic in Rovers demise. What I mean is, it was simply left out to be forgotten. It spent its life at the Rover factory and at the end, like so many of Rovers employees, was simply cast aside.

As lame as I probably sound, but restoring it back to its original spec, is kind of like a mark of respect for Rover the name, Car and its Employees.

Thats how I see it, thats why I work hard at keeping my 75 as pristine as possible. Well, that and the fact I love the car anyway
I genuinely like your sentiments towards 'OVP' and also in respect of your own Rover 75, not to mention the Rover name and former employees.
Old 12th May 2011, 22:34   #14
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Oh Dear, better hurry up with 05 then!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin75 View Post
1. Enthusiasm
2. Disillusionment
3. Panic
4. Search for the Guilty
5. Punishment of the Innocent
6. Praise and Enthusiasm for the Uninvolved ...
Old 13th May 2011, 00:36   #15
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
I am still interested

Dear 'old' OVP was Pete's project......which, unfortunately, he cannot give it the time that it deserves. We all have problems from time to time...

Christopher, when time allows, as he has been out of the country on many occasions recently, is now taking this project on board......

Definitely a car worth saving and will be

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 22:20   #16
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

OVP was moved at the weekend ( and not the scrap yard in the sky against my better judgement ) just for hell of it. turning a wheel for a change was a novelty to behold.

Pics can be seen via the facebook link in my sig.
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 22:45   #17
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
OVP was moved at the weekend ( and not the scrap yard in the sky against my better judgement ) just for hell of it. turning a wheel for a change was a novelty to behold.

Pics can be seen via the facebook link in my sig.
Thanks for the update Lates, in your eyes, what is it that's holding up getting the car back on the road?
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 23:03   #18
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Thanks for the update Lates, in your eyes, what is it that's holding up getting the car back on the road?
A new battery and wiper blades were delivered 2 months ago ish to enable us to start it and move it about easier although no work has been done since that time.

We await instruction / worksheet to do some more bits as and when...
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:06   #19
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
A new battery and wiper blades were delivered 2 months ago ish to enable us to start it and move it about easier although no work has been done since that time.

We await instruction / worksheet to do some more bits as and when...
As one (of many) who was at Longbridge for the photoshoot when OVP was aquired. I think it would be a tradgedy if the project just withered on the vine.

The reality is that the car will never be worth the cost of the parts and labour spent on it, but that's true of most car restorations and surely not the point of doing it. Ok, I know it's not the earliest any more and it's poverty spec. but the provenance of the car and the sheer fact that it's survived at all must count for something.
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:52   #20
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

A year on now....
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote