Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th October 2012, 08:21   #1
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

Default 75 CDT Connie auto **SOLD**

S. O. L.D £799 ono to drive away !

Not really wishing to do the E-bay thing if it can be avoided here is my 2001 75 CDT SE connoisseur auto with 150,000 miles for sale. She is for sale due to my having purchased a Manual ZT and not through any fault of her own.

I need to add from the start this is a reliable smart car ( not a show car but smart), its cheap because I'll have 5 cars on Friday and I'm not paying to insure more than 4 so intend to take her off the road.

Its not fettled with posh polish but is a family car and commuter and does get well mechanically well looked after.
The car has the usual extras , CD changer in glove box electric mirrors/seats/heated most things including the electric rear blind which I think is a fairly rare extra , cruise , climate control and more.

I did put this on the forum a month or so ago and had to withdraw the car as the tourer I agreed to purchase from E-Bay was a pile of **** and I also decided to replace the front springs before sale.

I'm glad I withdew because two weeks ago my in tank fuel pump failed and I have again replaced it. That would have embarrased me as its not my way. I have now had the front springs done at a cost of 200 pounds because although they passed MOT with no comment and no one could find a crack etc, they were clearly 'sagging'. This car has therefore had 300 pound spent on it in the last month but I'm still asking 799 for her regardless as I need the space. Dont expect a niggle free car but don't expect a dog she goes and looks nice.

If not quickly sold on the forum will go on e bay (yuk)

MOT expires 06/13
Tax expires 30/11/12

Mileage 150,000 about 35,000 done by me in my two years ownership, as you can see she gets used daily.

Extensive history for a car of such mileage , I bought her for taxed for 1800 2 years ago with about 115,000 and a full history of yearly servicing from various garages.

Also has had ECU replacement with very large bill as prior owner didn't do the flood prevention and has had a recon gearbox ( with large bill) prior to my ownership.
In my ownership has had a substantial maintenence session by Andy aka Rover blue Tourer assisted ( badly) by me to include:

Take off front end and remove and repair intercooler, completely steam out cooler and various pipework and inlet, fit Viton rings and replace. replace air and pollen filters , clean EGR do PCV ( twice now in 2 years). followed up by an oil and filter change by me as we didn't have it with us on the day. Basically we spent 10 hours putting her right. I have photographic proof of the work plus receipts to keep the history of the car up to date.

Due to the miles I do she has had two oil and filter changes , plus a fuel filter change since again I take photos and also two sets of brake pads. I have just checked the fronts they are 50 percent and have replaced the rear pads which were shot.

Paintwork generally good and shiny certainly NOT rusty ! , minor stone chips and little scrapes here and there but very good in my opinion for 100,000 let alone 150,000. Has also had the starter motor rebuild done so another potential problem/failure sorted.

Faults : tiny/niggly though many of them are I'll list any I know. They can mostly be sorted cheaply and none effect using the car but I have 4 other cars to play with.

Worn drivers carpet under mat and worn leather around the steering wheel needs dye.
bit of trim loose inside like cup or vent holders as you would expect in a Rover 75 and the passenger side electric mirror tends to move as it has obviously been 'hit and run'd' prior to my ownership. All electrics including both mirrors work though.
map pocket has been 'kicked' by my kids on back of drivers seat and is 'screwed on'
Webasto pre heater has the always on PCB type fault.
The car sits with temp needle dead in the middle and has never gone above it in 2 years
Digital display on fuel computer bit is on the way out and always was has lines across it. Also the reversing beepers sometimes work fine , sometimes do the beeepppp thing I'm told the wiring on them gets damp.

I'm hoping the car is a good buy for someone as she is sound and reliable would make a great commuter car that like me you don't mind parking on the road near work. You could drive her 80 miles per day as i do and not even start to attend to the niggles with no problem and do them as you go along if you want to.

Regards Mas

Last edited by ukmastiff; 2nd November 2012 at 12:51.. Reason: typo
ukmastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 21:16   #2
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Looks like a bargin Mas,

Hope she sells quickly for you mate....

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 12:55   #3
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

A Quick bump!!

And to endorse the add !! Mas has been quite acurate with his add and at that price I think it's a bit of a steal!!

In fact i think he has under priced it and is one of those horrid fellows that are driving the value of my car down!! which is something I shall slap him for on the 15th!!

If it had been a tourer I would have brought it for my daughter however!!

Andy
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 10:53   #4
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

Here's the deal , I'm sick of shuffling cars round my drive already.

I've seen them in the last few days go for between 4 and 500 non Connoisseur SE , without an MOT & for spares or repair.

This car is far better than that !

Now on the dreaded ' Bay'

Offer to a club member at prior stated price will of course stand.

Regards

Mas

Last edited by ukmastiff; 29th October 2012 at 13:35..
ukmastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 11:06   #5
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

I would put it on eBay, it will fly off mine did.

Folk on here either want a really really special one, or a really really cheap one
Old 29th October 2012, 12:36   #6
rotrex
Passed Away

mg zt cdti se 150+. mg ztt 190 lpg. rover 75 cdt club se.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
I would put it on eBay, it will fly off mine did.

Folk on here either want a really really special one, or a really really cheap one
I have to agree thats a lot of car for very little £££ but I dought it will sell here. shame really but folk on here want to pinch it from you with they'r valuations
rotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 13:47   #7
Dashiel
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 2.0 Club Tourer LPG

Agreed on ebay
a diesel conn 01 which was broken down went for 700 in surrey last week. It needed steering looked at.
You can get more over there and with little aggro.
Dashiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 13:58   #8
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

Cheers for the input guys. As per my edit abovd you are all of course quite right. I just hate flea bay messers

Ill let you know when she sells, has ti be a cheap comfortable commuter for someone !
Old 29th October 2012, 14:54   #9
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmastiff View Post
Cheers for the input guys. As per my edit abovd you are all of course quite right. I just hate flea bay messers

Ill let you know when she sells, has ti be a cheap comfortable commuter for someone !

Hi Mas,

Should fly off e bay mate

Had a look at the advert, the only thing I would say is to get some more pics up.. In my experiance the pictures are what sell the car on Ebay and will get it sold quicker

Pete

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 14:57   #10
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

Totally agree !

I did the advert at work , will ad more when i get home saying that it will be dark so i'll ad what i can

Mas