Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2017, 06:36   #51
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Sorry to read about another member not getting goods paid for from another member on here.

Great gestures of help from Mickyboy and Rooney,and others

I hope the member gets his goods, but if not, the offending member should be shown the door,apart from illness or a family crisis there is no excuse,it is plain and simple,it is theft. and should not be tolerated on here.

If you can receive bans for continued postings of political views and choice language you should be banned for theft, end of.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams

Last edited by Georgies Dad; 1st May 2017 at 06:40..
Old 1st May 2017, 06:46   #52
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Sorry to read about another member not getting goods paid for from another member on here.

Great gestures of help from Mickyboy and Rooney,and others

I hope the member gets his goods, but if not, the offending member should be shown the door,apart from illness or a family crisis there is no excuse,it is plain and simple,it is theft. and should not be tolerated on here.

If you can receive bans for continued postings of political views and choice language you should be banned for theft, end of.
I agree with that, but then it leaves the victim with no means of communication.
Ken.
Old 1st May 2017, 08:28   #53
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
But! As the OP sent payment via the Friends & Family option for goods, his card provider will look at the situation a bit differently.
You can't load funds to your PayPal balance with a debit card in the UK now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
But! As the OP sent payment via the Friends & Family option for goods, his card provider will look at the situation a bit differently.
The card provider will never know how the money was sent - here's why:

Look at any bank statement you have where you've used PayPal. If you fund your payment with any type of card that payment shows as a PayPal payment to whatever the recipients PayPal name or trading name is.

If you look at a payment funded by instant bank transfer (essentially a direct debit payment where the funds are released to the seller immediately, but don't come off your available bank balance until two to three days after the payment is sent), you'll see there's no recipient name - that's because with an IBT the funds are uploaded to your PayPal balance then used to ''cash'' the IBT you sent.

When it comes to disputing a debit card payment it couldn't be easier.

Find the payment in your bank account, make a note of the amount, date and recipient name.

Contact your bank and ask to be put through to the chargeback team (more likely to be referred to as the disputed payments team)

Once through to them ALL you have to say is :

''With reference to the payment made on (date) to (recipient) - I have not received the item I paid for. I have attempted to recover the money using PayPal's buyer protection policy but unfortunately they weren't able to help. I would like you to dispute this payment with PayPal on my behalf as the payment recipient has failed to supply me with the goods I paid for and is therefore in breach of contract''

The bank will send a form which is completed honestly - in other words, I sent this payment in return for (item name) - I never received the item. The card issuer will then credit the card holder's account.

Here's the non science part - PayPal don't defend chargebacks. They'll look at the request, put the funds on hold in the seller's PayPal account (creating a negative balance if needs be) and then, after a brief ''investigation'' will tell the seller that as the payment wasn't eligible for seller protection they'll need to upload the funds to their account to restore it to a zero balance. The seller will be given significant time to restore their balance, but won't be able to send payments until they do, and any payments they receive will go towards reaching a zero balance. If the account remains in a negative balance it will be limited, then restricted, then locked. At the point it is locked it becomes a debt collection issue, PayPal using pit bulls in England and Wales to recover debts.

The important thing to remember if faced with this situation now - choosing to negate your PayPal buyer protection by sending a specific type of payment does NOT mean you have negated your legal rights.

There is no need to tell the bank why your buyer protection claim failed - they don't care so there isn't any reason to say you sent the money via friends and family.

The distinction here is PayPal's - they are aware that people help sellers evade fees by using friends and family. They take the view that the fees the seller pays are essentially the premium the buyer pays for their ''insurance policy''

It's like paying insurance on a 1.8, failing to declare you've swapped in a V8 then expecting the insurance company to still payout when some Johnny No Friends wipes you out whilst uninsured and drunk.

You can't claim from your insurer but you sure as heck can sue Johnny No Friends.

Dishonest sellers rely on people giving up when PayPal deny their claim - that's why they choose the friends and family option in the first place.
Old 1st May 2017, 09:10   #54
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Very interesting regarding possible return of money from the issuing bank. I never got £300 back from either pay pal or the bank when I was ripped off regarding some vintage and rare tv spares around 7 years ago. It was sent friends and family but the vendor was to me at the time a friend!!!! Turned out he had lost his job and was evicted from a rented house and no one has heard of him since. I do hope the op gets his money refunded and please let us know. Perhaps do what they did in the westerns and arrange a possy!!!!
Old 1st May 2017, 09:16   #55
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Would it be possible to have Rooney's advice as a sticky for other members to use, if needed at a later date?

This is very helpful information

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Old 1st May 2017, 09:32   #56
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Does anyone actually know Alan personally or live near him, maybe it may be a good gesture to see if the man is OK, just because the page comes up saying he is online, does not mean he is at a computer, my PC is active all the time and shows me online.... not necessarily the case.

Maybe goodwill would be called for to make sure a fellow member is not in need of help, or maybe hospitalised.

Let's not authorise the lynch mob the right to hang just yet

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
Old 1st May 2017, 09:39   #57
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
Does anyone actually know Alan personally or live near him, maybe it may be a good gesture to see if the man is OK, just because the page comes up saying he is online, does not mean he is at a computer, my PC is active all the time and shows me online.... not necessarily the case.

Maybe goodwill would be called for to make sure a fellow member is not in need of help, or maybe hospitalised.

Let's not authorise the lynch mob the right to hang just yet
Indeed Keith.
The thing is though he has been logging in and out. Might be an idea to ask the mods if he's been logging in with different or the same IP address, at least this gives a clue to activity.
Old 1st May 2017, 09:44   #58
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Just to add,

Alan has PM'd Sean and myself in the last week or so on a different matter.

Edit......just checked and it was the 20th of April .

Last edited by coolcat; 1st May 2017 at 09:47..
Old 1st May 2017, 10:01   #59
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

The moderators could suspend his posting rights in the first instance, this would leave the PM door open to hopefully resolve the issue.

This is an ever increasing problem, not just here but on many boards. It is very sad to think how calculating some are these days.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:07   #60
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

"A few years ago, I bought a camera from Alan for £460 via PayPal. The camera arrived by courier and there were no issues. I have met Alan a few times and he comes over as a straight up guy. Hopefully he will be able to step up and sort this out, so that the OP can have peace of mind."
__________________also had a few deals since ownership began and never had a problem either way..Its not nice reading these types of thread , and hopefully he will come forward with an explanation.Alan struck me as an honest helpful guy.

Nige B
Closed Thread