Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2014, 13:05   #21
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Wish you lot would shut up...I'm in a 'Not currently in Rollout Plans' area..

Gee, thanks BT..

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:07   #22
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
Wish you lot would shut up...I'm in a 'Not currently in Rollout Plans' area..

Gee, thanks BT..
Sorry about that.....

Sometimes I wish I was in an area that couldn't get fibre. I wouldn't keep having to shout at sky then

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:19   #23
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
I shall have to enquire about it as well.

If I want to download a movie in HD it takes hours,how much quicker is it,my telephone lines are fed to my bungalow by overhead wires will that make a difference
It's starts almost instantly, no waiting and no buffering from either my Sky on demand or from my Apple TV box Steve
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:21   #24
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareim View Post
Use this to check if you can get fibre http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

As for download speeds I can download a typical 20 mins show in about 5 mins, a HD movie in less than an hour
You should be able to start watching I before it has finished downloading.
If I order a HD movie from my on demand services it will start playing almost instantly whilst it carries in downloading
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:23   #25
tareim

MG ZT+ 160 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
You should be able to start watching I before it has finished downloading.
If I order a HD movie from my on demand services it will start playing almost instantly whilst it carries in downloading
Yeah that's for the sky box, I was talking about PC downloads from various locations
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:23   #26
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
Sorry about that.....

Sometimes I wish I was in an area that couldn't get fibre. I wouldn't keep having to shout at sky then
I was with Sky for everything but took the phone & broadband back as the net was sooooo bad..Now with Talk Talk and apart from the occasional drop out all is good..

When Talk Talk show up as fastest provider in your area you know you are in the ****..

Good luck with your efforts though...

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:39   #27
humphshumphs

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Well that's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back

Spoke to 'reception', then put through to broadband upgrade dept., and they couldn't do anything, so then asked to speak to a line manager, and all he was bothered with telling me was that the offers are available (but couldn't offer me any!) and that sky have 11 million customers etc.

When I said about another broadband deal with a different company, he was very quick to poo-poo it as having an 18month contract where-as sky was only 12 months. I said that 18months isn't a problem as the package was for an 80mb line for the same cost as sky's 40mb, and the line rental was a quid less....

I think possibly time to leave sky for phone and broadband!

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 14:27   #28
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareim View Post
Yeah that's for the sky box, I was talking about PC downloads from various locations
From my Sky box, Apple TV and my Media Pc
Depends on what software/program is running on the Pc if it lets buffered playback I guess.
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:15   #29
tareim

MG ZT+ 160 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
From my Sky box, Apple TV and my Media Pc
Depends on what software/program is running on the Pc if it lets buffered playback I guess.
Torrents :P
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:30   #30
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
Well that's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back
Spoke to 'reception', then put through to broadband upgrade dept., and they couldn't do anything, so then asked to speak to a line manager, and all he was bothered with telling me was that the offers are available (but couldn't offer me any!) and that sky have 11 million customers etc.

I think possibly time to leave sky for phone and broadband!

Some years ago I was in deep discussions with Sky. They "forgot" to bill me for one month, then tried to ask for both months after cutting off the TV! Although I spoke to several people at Sky they all said the same thing, pay the bill and we will re-connect you, which was no help as we did not have the cash. I argued with them and asked to be connected to customer services only to be told "there is no separate department and they cannot do anything more than we can". They kept telling me the system would not accept part payment or a deferred payment, this was from both the operator and the supervisors.

After days of arguing I was resigned to stumping up the £100 we owed in one lump, but sent an email to sky complaining about the attitude of those in the call centre. I got a call from a very nice man in the "customer relations department" who accepted it was their fault, took £40 off my card an restored the service immediately. He then asked me to pay the £60 next month and said they would send me a reminder, which they never did and I never paid! Two years later and they then send me a letter saying they had overcharged me over a year and I got a months free service!

Although Sky don't like it known, they do have people in CS who can fiddle things and give a good deal if they want. I would bang off an email reminding them about misleading adverts and threatening to move and report them to the ASA/TS/RSPCA etc!
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote